Supporters Association

peasepud

What's the point in just another supporters' association separate from the club btw?

I'm assuming, given the organisations represented, this is to supersede and unify the existing ones. One million members, One voice.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point in just another supporters' association separate from the club btw?

I'm assuming, given the organisations represented, this is to supersede and unify the existing ones. One million members, One voice.

It begins. :ph34r:

Excuse me. Are you the Geordean People's Front?

Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Geordea.

Sounds nice but doesn't actually mean anything in practice, does it?

Basically what it'll descend into imo.

Sounds nice but doesn't actually mean anything in practice, does it?

Fuck no. But you know me, all style no content :ph34r:

Basically what it'll descend into imo.

Which shows that the divisions have started already.

I, for one, don't want to 'own' the club a la Barcelona (It's likely that I don't know the full facts re Barcelona and their membership scheme, as, I suppose, also Benfica's); surely the necessary finances could never be raised to make that happen, anyway??

I would, though, like to be part of an organisation that had elected spokesperson(s) who could represent the feelings of the majority of a membership (let's not forget that there will be a number of neanderthals joining, perhaps even a few naughty scallywag mackems as well).

If it started at a tenner and ended up a complete farce in a year or two then at least we can say we have tried and it had only cost us a few quid. Better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all (who said that by the way - was it Marc Twain????). At the end of the day, any monies left in a bank account could be sent to charidy (Bobby Robson fund eg).

Not read the thread but am guessing it has gone from good support to people saying it would never worjk and ridiculing those who want to do something. I said no because of 2 reasons. 1 my geographic location I am in East Kilbride and apart from the odd game am not able to give the support I would like. 2 I would be worried about the organisation and leadership of the group. How would it be lead who would the leaders be and how would they be chosen. How would they be assessed and how would they be made to answer to the fans. in organisations like this there is always collusion of some sort when organising structures of leadership and can see it happening already. If my second point could be sufficiently addressed then I might ignore my first point and join anyway.

That's why I advocated Puds suggestion of a website. A faceless organisation that polls registered fans on their opinion and releases the details via the local press without spin.

Registration could be free to season ticket holders and charged to non ST holders.

When significant issues are raised, names (and membership numbers) of voters could be compiled and sent to the club in the form of petitions that threaten action and invite discourse before things get out of hand.

It could only really work if it was endorsed by all current fan based media outlets though.

That's why I advocated Puds suggestion of a website. A faceless organisation that polls registered fans on their opinion and releases the details via the local press without spin.

Registration could be free to season ticket holders and charged to non ST holders.

When significant issues are raised, names (and membership numbers) of voters could be compiled and sent to the club in the form of petitions that threaten action and invite discourse before things get out of hand.

It could only really work if it was endorsed by all current fan based media outlets though.

Erm, why ?????

Erm, why ?????

That's an unnecessary 'them and us' division straight away imo.

Erm, why ?????

Because you know season ticket holders aren't mackems trying to negatively skew the input.

I only see payment as a means of restricting it to interested parties and covering the most basic of running costs. I don't see any reason for trying to pull in millions from any such venture.

Erm, why ?????

Because you know season ticket holders aren't mackems trying to negatively skew the input.

I only see payment as a means of restricting it to interested parties and covering the most basic of running costs. I don't see any reason for trying to pull in millions from any such venture.

This is independent from the club though so there wouldn't be much stopping Mackems from guessing ST numbers and signing-up before others do and fucking-up the whole thing before it starts though.

Erm, why ?????

This is independent from the club though so there wouldn't be much stopping Mackems from guessing ST numbers and signing-up before others do and fucking-up the whole thing before it starts though.

Not if you have to include a copy/scan of your season ticket with your registration to qualify for free membership.

Erm, why ?????

Nar, no differentiating between members iyam. I guess there will be a few knobheeds from valley of the damned joining but they will be vastly outnumbered by the Newcastle supporters - they would leave eventually. I've never known anyone holding a Barcelona membership but I've worked with a few Benfica fans who had great pride in their scheme - something that appealed to me.

Erm, why ?????

Not if you have to include a copy/scan of your season ticket with your registration to qualify for free membership.

And if you register your DNA with the program...

Erm, why ?????

That would be easy to fake once they got hold of one copy. That's not even my main objection to it though, as I said , it's divisive.