Supporters Association

peasepud

That's why I advocated Puds suggestion of a website. A faceless organisation that polls registered fans on their opinion and releases the details via the local press without spin.

Registration could be free to season ticket holders and charged to non ST holders.

When significant issues are raised, names (and membership numbers) of voters could be compiled and sent to the club in the form of petitions that threaten action and invite discourse before things get out of hand.

It could only really work if it was endorsed by all current fan based media outlets though.

Erm, why ?????

Because you know season ticket holders aren't mackems trying to negatively skew the input.

I only see payment as a means of restricting it to interested parties and covering the most basic of running costs. I don't see any reason for trying to pull in millions from any such venture.

This is independent from the club though so there wouldn't be much stopping Mackems from guessing ST numbers and signing-up before others do and fucking-up the whole thing before it starts though.

Not if you have to include a copy/scan of your season ticket with your registration to qualify for free membership.

And if you register your DNA with the program...

We reserve the right to pass it on to government agencies.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I advocated Puds suggestion of a website. A faceless organisation that polls registered fans on their opinion and releases the details via the local press without spin.

Registration could be free to season ticket holders and charged to non ST holders.

When significant issues are raised, names (and membership numbers) of voters could be compiled and sent to the club in the form of petitions that threaten action and invite discourse before things get out of hand.

It could only really work if it was endorsed by all current fan based media outlets though.

Erm, why ?????

Because you know season ticket holders aren't mackems trying to negatively skew the input.

I only see payment as a means of restricting it to interested parties and covering the most basic of running costs. I don't see any reason for trying to pull in millions from any such venture.

This is independent from the club though so there wouldn't be much stopping Mackems from guessing ST numbers and signing-up before others do and fucking-up the whole thing before it starts though.

Not if you have to include a copy/scan of your season ticket with your registration to qualify for free membership.

Who reserve the right to lose said information.

Erm, why ?????

That would be easy to fake once they got hold of one copy. That's not even my main objection to it though, as I said , it's divisive.

If a mackem is prepared to photoshop different names onto a ST, register a matching email address, and register with the site enough times to skew the results, they deserve whatever reward it brings them.

I'm just spit-balling here though. Don't see why it's divisive either, Season ticket holders get free access to reserve games and you don't get people complaining bitterly about it.

But, I've no doubt you're right and it's all pie in the sky.

Erm, why ?????

Who reserve the right to lose said information.

Just to respond a little more seriously to the point made, I don't see why season ticket details are so private you can't provide them, when you'll have to supply credit card details to pay for membership anyway.

Erm, why ?????

That would be easy to fake once they got hold of one copy. That's not even my main objection to it though, as I said , it's divisive.

If a mackem is prepared to photoshop different names onto a ST, register a matching email address, and register with the site enough times to skew the results, they deserve whatever reward it brings them.

I'm just spit-balling here though. Don't see why it's divisive either, Season ticket holders get free access to reserve games and you don't get people complaining bitterly about it.

I doubt, were this to take off, it would be that hard to pretend to be a ST holder though. The people running the website wouldn't have access to the club's database, would they? Couldn't see it being granted access either, for all sorts of reasons.

Erm, why ?????

I doubt, were this to take off, it would be that hard to pretend to be a ST holder though. The people running the website wouldn't have access to the club's database, would they? Couldn't see it being granted access either, for all sorts of reasons.

Season ticket holders could register in person on a match day then.

Honestly, the "free for season ticket holders" thought was just an off the cuff idea to promote uptake amongst those closest to the club. It seems to be sidetracking the issue so I'm happy to drop it.

Erm, why ?????

Season ticket holders could register in person on a match day then.

Honestly, the "free for season ticket holders" thought was just an off the cuff idea to promote uptake amongst those closest to the club. It seems to be sidetracking the issue so I'm happy to drop it.

Aye, sorry about that, you're right. It's hardly the main issue here.

Least of all the fact that the group will, at times oppose the board etc.

Just to ensure this stays on topic, what they are not proposing is a Barcelona or even Ebfleet situation. It is merely a chance to pull all supporters together in a common direction and ensure that the views of the majority are taken into account when things are done. Its no good the Mag shouting in opposition of something if it turns out 90% of the fans dont agree it.

Its a chance to get a serious collective, places like this are good for gauging opinion but frankly its still just the opinions of a few and like it or not, its not a valid sample of NUFC fans. Do a poll on here and the equivalent on N-O and Skunkers and its fairly sure that you'll get different values in the results. Thats down to the make up of the readership, Skunkers attracts a certain kind of member, all joking aside but N-O appears to have a generally younger membership and this place is made up of intellectuals and a more forward thinking mature audience whereas howaythetoon has Wacky and Leazes :rolleyes:

:snakehips: <--- major safety wink

I also disagree with the idea that season ticket holders are treat any differently to anyone else, subscriptions should be the same regardless. As someone (possibly Alex) said, its already putting divisions in place.

I also disagree with the idea that season ticket holders are treat any differently to anyone else, subscriptions should be the same regardless. As someone (possibly Alex) said, its already putting divisions in place.

Yep, a fiver for everyone means no divisions between those of us south of the Tyne and the rest :snakehips:

THE REVOLU-TOON HAS BEGUN!

Clearly believing the only difference between Newcastle and Real Madrid is a bit of substandard HTML, SaveNewcastle.com has launched its bid to complete a 'socio'-style buy-out of the club.

Drawing their inspiration from the continent's fan-owned giants like Real and Barcelona, the group want to make Newcastle "the first supporter-owned Premiership team".

The website, with glorious simplicity, explains how it plans to sell three million shares in the club at £100 each in order to raise the £300 million needed to buy out Ashley. It also calls for football fans everywhere - not just Geordies - to get involved.

Furthermore, it claims foreign investment won't help Newcastle - "what happens when Roman Abramovich gets bored with Chelsea? Or what happens when your billionaire American owners stop speaking to each other?"

The above diagram shows how fan ownership could make Newcastle richer overnight by cutting out the middle men and ploughing all the fans' money straight into the club.

And if you're not convinced, why not check out the extra benefit of being a shareholder, including special deals, giveaways and ticket priorities. It's all here - and so simple! They've got £100 of the Bung's money. Only 2,999,999 more to go...

--

Clearly believing the only difference between Newcastle and Real Madrid is a bit of substandard HTML, SaveNewcastle.com has launched its bid to complete a 'socio'-style buy-out of the club.

Drawing their inspiration from the continent's fan-owned giants like Real and Barcelona, the group want to make Newcastle "the first supporter-owned Premiership team".

The website, with glorious simplicity, explains how it plans to sell three million shares in the club at £100 each in order to raise the £300 million needed to buy out Ashley. It also calls for football fans everywhere - not just Geordies - to get involved.

Furthermore, it claims foreign investment won't help Newcastle - "what happens when Roman Abramovich gets bored with Chelsea? Or what happens when your billionaire American owners stop speaking to each other?"

The above diagram shows how fan ownership could make Newcastle richer overnight by cutting out the middle men and ploughing all the fans' money straight into the club.

And if you're not convinced, why not check out the extra benefit of being a shareholder, including special deals, giveaways and ticket priorities. It's all here - and so simple! They've got £100 of the Bung's money. Only 2,999,999 more to go...

--

Is this your joke? A joke by someone else? A true story? What???

--

I'd buy more than a few but there needs to be more than a website asking you to post your cheque to xxxx.

If they want to look at the Ebbsfleet, myfootballclub model, then they will realise that it took them more than six months to get from the pledge your support to the hand over your 30 quid stage and that was to raise a fraction of 300m - honestly Newcastle under the current cunts just doesn't have that long.

--

When the word spreads it takes many forms, it may even take against itself, but once uttered the word has immense power and that is the nature of the thing.....It can never again be put away.......

--

When the word spreads it takes many forms, it may even take against itself, but once uttered the word has immense power and that is the nature of the thing.....It can never again be put away.......

:snakehips:

Oh for fuck sake Parky, go sit down to piss will you.

It's good how this hasn't turned into another thing the press can latch onto to take the piss out of us about anyway.

Not that I'm that bothered about that any longer.

It's good how this hasn't turned into another thing the press can latch onto to take the piss out of us about anyway.

Not that I'm that bothered about that any longer.

It still erks me because some of our supporters, baggio, use it to back up their flawed and fruitless arguments.

As an American supporter of NUFC (my apologies Stevie :snakehips: ) I think that this is a great idea. I haven't posted much regarding the protests and the issues currently with the club because I obviously can't do anything from Florida other than tell the fiancee and family not to bother buying me any NUFC related merchandise (which they seem relieved to be doing as it has saved them quite a bit of money). With an organization such as this to give myself and the ex-pats I watch the matches with more of a way to be involved would be most welcome.

10 quid = 20 bucks. Count me in.

And if there is talk of establishing clubs/chapters/groups/whatever-you-want-to-call-them in other countries then I will be more than happy to volunteer my time.

And if there is talk of establishing clubs/chapters/groups/whatever-you-want-to-call-them in other countries then I will be more than happy to volunteer my time.

When I wrote for a German website some time ago I got asked a couple of times why not to found a supporters club like other teams have down here. I always found it to be a waste of time. But I do like the idea of a branch system where the main corpus is centred in Newcastle itself. This and a local offset (preferebly organised by some exile though) would get my support in whatever way would be needed.

The 1st meeting of the temporary committee took place tonight and it went well, a statement will be released tomorrow about the plans for the group and its aims both short term and longer. The website will also go live tomorrow to start collecting details of those interested in joining up.