Supporters Association

peasepud

The 1st meeting of the temporary committee took place tonight and it went well, a statement will be released tomorrow about the plans for the group and its aims both short term and longer. The website will also go live tomorrow to start collecting details of those interested in joining up.

Awesome stuff Peter.

Is there talk of more action in light of the twat's actions this week in Dubai and the ridicuous price he is demanding for the club?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1st meeting of the temporary committee took place tonight and it went well, a statement will be released tomorrow about the plans for the group and its aims both short term and longer. The website will also go live tomorrow to start collecting details of those interested in joining up.

Did you go like mate?

Did you go like mate?

He just bought some new equipment to go along with his Camera

Yes theres around 20 of us at the moment, there will be press release next week on any action but basically its starting with support the team fully but pay over not a penny more than your ticket.

:snakehips:

Yes theres around 20 of us at the moment, there will be press release next week on any action but basically its starting with support the team fully but pay over not a penny more than your ticket.

Get high calibre weapons and cutta to the chaser. :snakehips:

Look forward to the press release.

That's great but let's be honest it's also about shaming Ashley and what he is doing not only to our club but to football as much as possible.

Although it could have been worded better you have to admit the biggest impact last weekend was the cockney mafia out banner.

That's great but let's be honest it's also about shaming Ashley and what he is doing not only to our club but to football as much as possible.

Although it could have been worded better you have to admit the biggest impact last weekend was the cockney mafia out banner.

Agreed, and Keiths one of those involved.

Agreed, and Keiths one of those involved.

Good to hear.

Without trying to cry, "stop laughing at our club", other club supporters really need to realise the magnitude of what Ashley is doing.

The sentiments, Don't laugh your club could be next! need to be forced down the media and in turn, people's throats.

Another excellent George Caulkin piece from the Times:

Newcastle United supporters begin rebuilding

George Caulkin

At 7.30pm on Tuesday evening, just around the corner from St James’ Park, a small piece of history was made for Newcastle United; the club’s true owners met to discuss its future. Mike Ashley was not present inside the Tyneside Irish Centre, there was no sign of any wealthy Arabs, no investment bankers made themselves known and no managerial candidates were interviewed.

Instead, a few hundred souls turned up their collars to brave the unending drizzle and reclaim their birthright from Ashley, the memory of Freddy Shepherd, too many energy-sapping disappointments to recall and the grotesque national caricatures of Geordie blarney. It is one of the (many) oddities of such a loyally-followed club that Newcastle has not had its own representative supporters’ body, but that is now changing.

Mobilised by Ashley’s mismanagement of Newcastle, the destructive and self-destructive treatment of Kevin Keegan, the appointment and influence of Dennis Wise – and with a back-history compromising years of underachievement, bad decisions and corrosive publicity – the Toon Army is marching. Amid the turmoil of the club, there is both momentum and a glimmer of optimism.

Start-up costs have been funded by fanzines and websites, The Mag, true faith and nufc.com and there is a sense in the city that if supporters cannot organise themselves now, when will they? The protests which accompanied last weekend’s 2-1 defeat to Hull City – proud and furious - proved beyond measure that Newcastle cares, but this latest venture will require time, effort and almost certainly heartache.

Those on stage – including veterans of earlier campaigns, from Save Our Seats to the Magpie Group – and those who spoke from the floor, reminded Ashley that in spite of his recent efforts in the Middle East, he is nothing more than a “caretaker” of the club. That supporting Newcastle is about more than buying pints in nightclubs and wearing a black and white shirt with – bitter irony – ‘King Kev’ plastered on the rear.

There were outbursts of anger – people grasping the opportunity to release frustration – and suggestions good and bad. For the sake of accuracy, there were several expressions of indignation at an article carried by The Times that morning in which Newcastle fans were termed “whining, whingeing, self-pitying, self-indulgent and deluded.” A powerful counter-argument was provided.

There was also a collective agreement that in an era when fans matter less – when ticket sales are made irrelevant by television income and the personal wealth of directors – their voices should be heard more and with greater clarity. These are early days; membership, leadership, and a name must be decided upon, never mind a course of action, but Newcastle’s owners are stirring. The message: they are not selling-up.

I wish someone had told me this. I never had any details about that. Had I known, I would have gone.

I wish someone had told me this. I never had any details about that. Had I known, I would have gone.

This is something that didn't rest easy with me. The main pratagonists seem to have moved swiftly on and left interested others on the sidelines.

I would have thought another general meeting would have been preferable.

I'm not going to condemn anyone, though, as I'm sure the honest belief was that the whole show had to be kept moving at pace rather than let moss grow to the underbelly of it.

This is something that didn't rest easy with me. The main pratagonists seem to have moved swiftly on and left interested others on the sidelines.

I'm not going to condemn anyone, though, as I'm sure the honest belief was that the whole show had to be kept moving at pace rather than let moss grow to the underbelly of it.

If they had've waited around and got everyone involved then there would have been a whole lot more procrastinating, it's best that they've gone ahead the way they've done then when the dust has settled and things are a bit more organised others can get involved should they wish.

If they had've waited around and got everyone involved then there would have been a whole lot more procrastinating, it's best that they've gone ahead the way they've done then when the dust has settled and things are a bit more organised others can get involved should they wish.

:nufc:

this is all being done as quickly as possible though, I'm not sure how they selected those of us that were there from those that signed up on Tuesday other than they wanted specific skills or knowledge. Mine was for the website side others are solicitors, accountants etc plus people with experience of save our seats etc. I assume you signed up tom, what did you say you could offer? At end of day though they will be going back for more people and if anyone thinks they can offer something then this thread or a pm to me will both ensure the details are passed on.

this is all being done as quickly as possible though, I'm not sure how they selected those of us that were there from those that signed up on Tuesday other than they wanted specific skills or knowledge. Mine was for the website side others are solicitors, accountants etc plus people with experience of save our seats etc. I assume you signed up tom, what did you say you could offer? At end of day though they will be going back for more people and if anyone thinks they can offer something then this thread or a pm to me will both ensure the details are passed on.

A guitar rift played at their meetings.

A guitar rift played at their meetings.

:rolleyes:

Wrong Tom, wack off! :nufc:

The website should be up and running properly later on today (hence the reason Im sat here at 3:30! :nufc:) that will be more upto date than any sticky we could have.

That sounds perfect, good work mate!

The website should be up and running properly later on today (hence the reason Im sat here at 3:30! :nufc:) that will be more upto date than any sticky we could have.

In the unlikely event that you need a 30 second loop of something groovy for the website or hold music (if you end up having a phoneline) I can knock something up.