LLambias: I wanted to slap Keegan

Guest stormrider

Guest stormrider

I wanted to slap Kevin Keegan, says Newcastle's managing diector

By Jeremy Armstrong 20/09/2008

The chief executive of Newcastle United has spelled out the extent of his bitter rift with former manager Kevin Keegan.

While downing Mojito cocktails in Dubai, Derek Llambias was heard to say of one meeting with the 57-year-old England legend: "I had to have a third person in the room when I met him otherwise I would have slapped him."

The remark was made on Tuesday as Llambias, club owner Mike Ashley and director of football Dennis Wise visited the oil-rich state in a failed bid to sell the crisis-hit Premiership outfit.

Ashley, 45, was said to have been angered by an "insulting" offer of less than £200million from representatives of Dubai's royal family and snubbed a meeting with them that night, staying in a bar with Llambias and Wise instead.

Ashley was said to want £480million - more than twice the sum he paid for United in 2007.

He told Llambias: "I would rather stick with the club than sell at that price.

"I will put up with the fury of the fans. I am not going to sell for a knock-down price."

Meanwhile, it emerged yesterday that Ashley could have sold the club to Dubai investors three months ago.

The unknown potential buyers proposed a takeover which would have put a Geordie management team in place at St James' Park - a move seen as key in having a deal accepted by United fans.

But after making contact with the club, the London brokers representing the client never heard anything back.

It is not known if they would still do business.

Peter Cadman, a solicitor representing Ashley and Llambias, said in a statement yesterday: "Mr Ashley may well have expressed his views that the discussed valuation for the club was too low.

"His approach was not to express disinterest in either the views or the opinions of the fans.

"Mr Llambias does recall saying he was very frustrated by Mr Keegan during a negotiations meeting that he could have slapped him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20745414/

He sounds a bigger *beep* than bellies. The sooner this nasty piece of *beep* is gone the *beep* better!

He sounds like a typical southern loud-mouth, unfortunately promoted into a position where he can do serious damage.

he's a *beep* a *beep* its plain to see to see

he would have got knacked off Keeg

he's a *beep* a *beep*

thanks very much i'm here all week

In all honesty what they remind me of is the stereotypical US teen movie where a load of idiots, through a bizarre turn of events, end up running their own car wash, college, oil company, football club.

Unfortunately in this case after the "hilarious" misunderstanding and shenanigans I don't think it will all work out in a nice happy ending.

He sounds a bigger *beep* than bellies. The sooner this nasty piece of *beep* is gone the *beep* better!

He sounds like a typical southern loud-mouth, unfortunately promoted into a position where he can do serious damage.

Oh do fuck off.

:nufc:

Oh do fuck off.

:rolleyes:

He's southern and a loud-mouth. Knees up me old china, laaaandahns calling. :nufc:

Im going to turn into a broken record, but yet another example of why we all need to be "united" with one voice, get signed up if you havent already!!!

stop with the fookin spam will ya :nufc:

Oh do fuck off.

:icon_lol:

He's southern and a loud-mouth. Knees up me old china, laaaandahns calling. :nufc:

It's my mistake tbh. I should have highlighted "typical" too.

:rolleyes: