The Isle of Man

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

A friend of a friend has a holiday place there, which he's willing to let me have for a week at the end of October.

I've never been before and don't know much about the place (other that the TT races and what I've just read on Wikipedia). Has anyone and info or experience of the place?

My dad's from Douglas.

This explains a lot. :nufc:

A friend of a friend has a holiday place there, which he's willing to let me have for a week at the end of October.

I've never been before and don't know much about the place (other that the TT races and what I've just read on Wikipedia). Has anyone and info or experience of the place?

It's quite a nice place, so long as you're not staying more than 2 weeks (then Isle of Man Syndrome sets in). There's certainly enough touristy stuff to last you a week (train, historic buildings and such), plus the actual island is worth having a good tour around just for the differing scenery. Not sure that time of year is really the best to see it though (or that everything will be open).

no speed limit in interior?

There wasn't on national speed limit roads (although in reality most of the roads limit your speed and many areas were/are a posted limit anyway) they were on about changing it, don't know if they ever did.

What sort of accent does someone from the Isle of Man have? Like half scouse half Irish?

Scourish :nufc:

to be sure to be sure larrrrrrrrr

I use to shag a girl whose grandmother was from the Isle of White and she was a right dorty tart.

Her grand-daughter was alright as well ;)

Fucking hell! I've turned in the berb.

Edited by sammynb

Cheeky twats.

I was born & brought up there.

Most beautiful place in the world, but only when it's sunny (about 3 days a year)

Accents are more scouse in the east and more Oirish in the west.

We don't birch folk anymore.

No speed limits in the interior.

Where the place you're staying Dr Kenneth?

Cheeky twats.

I was born & brought up there.

Most beautiful place in the world, but only when it's sunny (about 3 days a year)

Accents are more scouse in the east and more Oirish in the west.

We don't birch folk anymore.

No speed limits in the interior.

Where the place you're staying Dr Kenneth?

Port Soderick I think its called, just outside Douglas?

went over there for the tt races in the mid 90's. was great fun.

TT is great when you visit, but it's a bit of a PITA when you're there full time.

Port Soderick I think its called, just outside Douglas?

Worth going down to the calf area too (I think you can get public boat trips out there, I always had private boat access so not sure. Nice views, you'll likely see a fair bit of wildlife too - although again time of year access issues), and loads of nice cliff top walks around there as well.

I use to shag a girl whose grandmother was from the Isle of White and she was a right dorty tart.

Her grand-daughter was alright as well ;)

Fucking hell! I've turned in the berb.

What's that got to do with the Isle of Man? :nufc:

Not a lot but I showed her my Isle of Man :nufc:

Just call me bobby, I'll be here all week!

• 4 years later...