Dalglish to return?

Scottish Mag

NEWCASTLE GOSSIP

Want-away Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is lining up a sensational return for former manager Kenny Dalglish. The ex-Scotland and Liverpool striker took charge at St James's Park after Kevin Keegan left the club back in 1997. (Daily Star) :nufc:

Ashley's "week from hell" continued when he lost £300m after a gamble on faltering HBOS shares went wrong. (Daily Telegraph)

Defender Steven Taylor is the latest player looking for an exit at St James's Park in protest at the treatment of former boss Keegan. (The Sun)

A Nigerian businessman says he is leading a bid to buy Newcastle United. "The consortium has raised £350m," said the chief executive of NVA Management Chris Nathaniel. (The Times)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester City's multi-billionaire new owners - who will formally complete their takeover on Tuesday - have pencilled Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez and Lyon's Karim Benzema on their dream shopping list. (Daily Star)

Birmingham could take out-of-favour midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng off Tottenham's hands on a loan spell. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Stuart Atwell - the referee who gave Reading the goal that never should have been given in their 2-1 win over Watford - will escape severe punishment. (Daily Mail)

AND FINALLY

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos insists he is loving life in London and is not homesick, contrary to reports. "I am having a marvellous experience," said the Spaniard. (The Times)

A Nigerian businessman with £350million. Oh that sounds about as plausible as the emails I get addressed to "Hey mister"

:nufc:

DEAR SIR

I HAVE INTEREST IN YOUR FOTBOOL CLUB AND IF YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR BANK DETAILS AND AUTHORISATION AND PASSWORDS, i CAN TRANSFER THE SUM FROM MY DEAD AUNT WHO WAS THE QUEEN HERE.

Ten years after leaving Newcastle United and succeeding Kevin Keegan, Mike Ashley wants Kenny Dalglish to do the same thing again.

Former Liverpool boss Dalglish took over at St James' Park in 1997 when Keegan resigned for the first time but lasted just 20 months in the hotseat, the highlight being a 3-2 defeat of Barcelona in the Champions League when Faustino Asprilla grabbed a hat-trick.

He also guided the club to the 1998 FA Cup Final where they lost 2-0 to Arsenal.

Dalglish was replaced by Ruud Gullit after a disappointing 13th-placed Premier League finish in his second season after finishing runners-up in his first and has been out of football since quitting Celtic in 2000.

But reports in the Daily Star suggest Toon owner Mike Ashley has turned to the 57-year-old Scot after slipping to a third successive defeat at West Ham on Saturday.

The Magpies are now second bottom of the table and Ashley fears a relegation battle will harm his chances of selling the crisis-torn club.

Ashley sees Dalglish and another ex-Liverpool boss Roy Evans as the safe hands to guide Newcastle to safety. Dalglish signed current Toon keeper Shay Given during his spell along with Gary Speed and Nolberto Solano.

A Nigerian businessman with £350million. Oh that sounds about as plausible as the emails I get addressed to "Hey mister"

DEAR SIR

I HAVE INTEREST IN YOUR FOTBOOL CLUB AND IF YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR BANK DETAILS AND AUTHORISATION AND PASSWORDS, i CAN TRANSFER THE SUM FROM MY DEAD AUNT WHO WAS THE QUEEN HERE.

fonejacker.jpg

Monies.

:rolleyes:

DEAR SIR

If it precluded transfers I actually think this is the "best" option put forward so far.

From what has been dished up so far i would tend to agree - but i can't see him taking any shite off the likes of wise et al much the same as keegan so it would surprise me if this was a non starter - i thought he was a little unlucky with some of his signings - Tomasson went on to be a good player with milan and the likes and andersson looked a superstar when he played for sweden but neither could hack it in our league. I think he had a similar success rate of transfers to sir bob -in my opinion like - not that it really matters like cos i reckon its all media shite-but then as has been proved what do any of us really know

If it precluded transfers I actually think this is the "best" option put forward so far.

From what has been dished up so far i would tend to agree - but i can't see him taking any shite off the likes of wise et al much the same as keegan so it would surprise me if this was a non starter - i thought he was a little unlucky with some of his signings - Tomasson went on to be a good player with milan and the likes and andersson looked a superstar when he played for sweden but neither could hack it in our league. I think he had a similar success rate of transfers to sir bob -in my opinion like - not that it really matters like cos i reckon its all media shite-but then as has been proved what do any of us really know

It wasn't so much his transfers as such - he made a lot of good ones - it was the way that despite finishing 2nd with Keegan's team he set out to dismantle it and build his own which I think was wrong.

Having said that if it was to be a rest of the season job, given those who allegedly want out, a temp would need to make his own signings anyway.

It wasn't so much his transfers as such - he made a lot of good ones - it was the way that despite finishing 2nd with Keegan's team he set out to dismantle it and build his own which I think was wrong.

Having said that if it was to be a rest of the season job, given those who allegedly want out, a temp would need to make his own signings anyway.

Aye he had a team that at most needed tinkering with and he broke it.

But yeah at the end of the day it all meaningless, as Daglish is not going to come back into football management as a first team coach/Wise's boot boy at a club in utter crisis which is trying to be flogged by its owner (unless he's going bankrupt or something).

Aye he had a team that at most needed tinkering with and he broke it.

But yeah at the end of the day it all meaningless, as Daglish is not going to come back into football management as a first team coach/Wise's boot boy at a club in utter crisis which is trying to be flogged by its owner (unless he's going bankrupt or something).

Whoever takes the job must be really desperate.

What's Souness up to these days?

I just read Bombadil's post about desperation and realised the lad opposite me is on the phone to his mate who's a Sheff Wed fan - the horrifying thought of Wilkinson crossed my mind.

Oh for the days when my mate rang me for a communal laugh when he got the Mackem job.

What worries me is that after we get and sack Daglish, Gullit is free and once we sack him/he goes mental.... and as Bobby Robso is in no condition to manage these days, then it'll be Souness. :nufc::rolleyes::icon_lol: