HD TV, Sky+ and Cinema System

maggiespaws

My Dad's just bought a new Samsung TV and we've tried getting aCinema system to work. We couldn't get the audio to sync with the picture.

Has anyone had any luck. If so, what did you use and how did you connect it together. The cinema system is being returned, but we'll buy another one which will work with his tv.

Any ideas/suggestions? We tried delaying the audio using the cinema system, but it still wouldn't sync.

After 6hours over 2 days we've given up

not much help\ but my dad just got the 42" samsung tv, took him 4 hours to get the sky to work

old people + gadgets = ;)

Yeah, that helps :nufc:

Thing is, I'm not old and do technology for a living. It has me confused too.

• 3 weeks later...

I know sky are having some major problem with lip sync issues, they did issue a software update on the 18 September, so if you got the box after this you may have to go into settings on HD box and look for something that says updates cant remember were abouts it is.

You say you have got a new cinema system, but have you changed the sound setting manually from 2.0 to 5.1 ? you will need to do this on your HD box and maybe you TV

you could also try a system restore, press & hold the back up button on the sky box itself, then unplug all cables, power cables, HDIM, basically every cable then put them all back and power up remember to keep back up button pressed till you get a message on the screen you may need another pair of hand to help you

When you test Sky HD don't test on BBC or C4 as they have known issues try Sky One

Let me Know the results and I will try and help you further if needed

I know sky are having some major problem with lip sync issues, they did issue a software update on the 18 September, so if you got the box after this you may have to go into settings on HD box and look for something that says updates cant remember were abouts it is.

You say you have got a new cinema system, but have you changed the sound setting manually from 2.0 to 5.1 ? you will need to do this on your HD box and maybe you TV

you could also try a system restore, press & hold the back up button on the sky box itself, then unplug all cables, power cables, HDIM, basically every cable then put them all back and power up remember to keep back up button pressed till you get a message on the screen you may need another pair of hand to help you

When you test Sky HD don't test on BBC or C4 as they have known issues try Sky One

Let me Know the results and I will try and help you further if needed

Thanks for your reply. The box my Dad has is not an HD box, but the standard sky+ box. He's had it for over 12 months. I don't know what software version he is on - I can find out and tell you if that would help.

We tried several ways of connecting all the kit together, but it didnt help. I even tried adjusting the delay settings on the Panasonic home cinema amp. I tried running the sky+ box directly into the tv (via scart) and the home cinema (HC) via hdmi. I also tried running the sound from the sky+ into the back of the HC using red+white phono leads. Still no joy.

In the end, we sent the HC back as it was covered with a money back agreement so we got the cash back. The idea now is to work out ifwe were doing anything wrong, and/or find out what we could buy that would work :D I didnt try connecting using a optical lead as I dont have one. Apparently some different menu appears on the sky box if you plug one in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.