Wise and Poyet In

Jackies the Lad

I've never had a problem with Dennis Wise and while his reputation has been somewhat tarnished with all the chaos at Newcastle, his managerial record is hard to knock.

Yes that is because it's effectively non-existent.

But still. :nufc:

Did he actually manage Leicester at some point ?

A mate on Saturday was saying he'd been talking to some Leicester fans who asked why we had Wise when he'd ruined their club.

Broke the jaw of a team-mate I think (as a player), don't think he ever managed them though.

Did he actually manage Leicester at some point ?

A mate on Saturday was saying he'd been talking to some Leicester fans who asked why we had Wise when he'd ruined their club.

Broke the jaw of a team-mate I think (as a player), don't think he ever managed them though.

Wise's time at Leicester was less successful and equally marred by controversy. He made just 17 league appearances and was sent home from a pre-season tour of Finland and suspended by the club on 20 July 2002, after breaking the nose and jaw of team-mate Callum Davidson, who was trying to act as a peacemaker in a dispute between Wise and another player[6]. This incident and his unsuccessful claim of unfair dismissal that followed saw Wise become one of the most hated men in the game by Leicester fans. Wise and Peter Taylor are still quoted as the key protagonists in the club entering administration and the subsequent poor fortunes of the club

Wow, the news is from someone who knew Bent was signing six months before it actually happened. No need to pray, this is dead certain...

Crikey, I almost missed this. I've just been down to the bookies and put every cent I own on it happening, if we beat Spurs.