Nigerians want Keegan

Jimbo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine Keegan coming back ever.

I have no idea whether this Nigerian consortium would be any good but I doubt it would make any difference to Keegan, he has been messed about enough.

I think he's messed us about as much tbf. His timing was awful. I can understand why he left but that doesn't apply if someone comes in and gives him control. If he turned us down under those circumstances I'd be very disappointed in him and I think many others would too.

Keegan was messed about but I agree he also messed us about - all this about understanding the fans and the club and he fucks off.

I'm sure towards the end Ashley would have been desperate and they could have worked things out but Keegan was too proud.

Well I guess it's camels back and that you make an ultimatum and hope it comes down on your side (and then carry on). If he backed off he'd be in a worse position than he started and Keegan's never been the type to back down anyway.

But looking back it is pretty clear Keegan realised he'd been sold down the river within a month or two of coming here (certainly by the Chelsea game), maybe at any other club he wouldn't have hung around as long as he did.

Great, a club bought with blood money and we'll now no doubt see Martins joined up front by Yakubu and Babayaro to come in and solve our LB problem...

Taye Taiwo, clearly.

I'm personally all for this takeover if it has legs simply because it'll at least bring an end to this current saga and we can battle against relegation. Again. ;)

I can fully understand why some people are sceptical, since Nigeria isn't exactly the home of sound business practice, but there are some very rich people in that country who may or may not be behind said takeover. It also provides us with a headstart on the rest of the competition, barring Man United and the likes, when it comes to breaking the African market. The 2010 WC isn't too far away and once that touches down I expect all of Africa to go completely football mental. Having owners from the continent can only make us more attractive to television and supporters.

The problem is it is blood money in arguably the most literal sense, and that it's still quite possible for the whole place to go tits up again leaving NUFC swinging in the breeze.

Great, a club bought with blood money and we'll now no doubt see Martins joined up front by Yakubu and Babayaro to come in and solve our LB problem...

Taye Taiwo, clearly.

I'm personally all for this takeover if it has legs simply because it'll at least bring an end to this current saga and we can battle against relegation. Again. ;)

I can fully understand why some people are sceptical, since Nigeria isn't exactly the home of sound business practice, but there are some very rich people in that country who may or may not be behind said takeover. It also provides us with a headstart on the rest of the competition, barring Man United and the likes, when it comes to breaking the African market. The 2010 WC isn't too far away and once that touches down I expect all of Africa to go completely football mental. Having owners from the continent can only make us more attractive to television and supporters.

The problem is it is blood money in arguably the most literal sense, and that it's still quite possible for the whole place to go tits up again leaving NUFC swinging in the breeze.

That is one of the major reservations I would have if i'm honest, less than the potential for the whole thing to go, as you say, tits up.

not at all excited about the prospect of Nigerian Businessmen owning the club. I think the reason I was so behind Ashley at the start was that he was British and would therefore have a better idea of the fans mentality and what not.

How wrong I was.

If there was a way to get Randy Lerner to convince a like minded chum to buy us out and run us like Lerner runs Villa, I'd be most content.

not at all excited about the prospect of Nigerian Businessmen owning the club. I think the reason I was so behind Ashley at the start was that he was British and would therefore have a better idea of the fans mentality and what not.

How wrong I was.

If there was a way to get Randy Lerner to convince a like minded chum to buy us out and run us like Lerner runs Villa, I'd be most content.

Let's face it, Ashley will probably try and sell us to the biggest bunch of scumbags he can find just because he's got the arse.

How wrong I was.

Let's face it, Ashley will probably try and sell us to the biggest bunch of scumbags he can find just because he's got the arse.

Dont say that he will sell us to quinn and keane just for a laugh ;)

How wrong I was.

Maybe we can organise a march in America demanding a likeable Yank puts a bid in?

Has anyone got Steve Wraith's number?

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/cou...stment&pg=6

In spite of its oil wealth, Nigeria is not a rich country. Its Gross National Income (GNI) per capita is $640, lower than the average for sub-Saharan Africa. Fifty-two per cent of the population - over 70 million people - live on less than $1 a day.

Its very large population, together with endemic corruption, long periods of military misrule and the long-term mismanagement of resources has meant that Nigeria's socio-economic indicators are very low. Nigeria ranked 158 (out of 177) in the Human Development Report for 2007/8, again lower than the average for sub-Saharan Africa.

;) football is becoming more morally bankrupt by the day

The more I think about this, the more it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Once Africa buys a few TVs , they'll be the next big market for football, and with these lot in charge you'd imagine we'd be one of the most popular clubs at least in Western Africa.

made me smile for the first time in a week.

Loudly.

;)

“We expect Newcastle United Football Club to be Nigeria’s favoured second team. We will also make youth clubs in Nigeria a feeder team to Newcastle. Then when the structure is put right the club itself will generate enough fund to sustain itself.

obafemi-martins.jpg

SSN reporting that sources close to MA have told them initial talks have taken place between the Nigerian consortium and Ashley's lawyers but they are not the only interested party. The deal for the club will be between £350m and £400 and a delegation from the Nigerian consortium will travel over to watch the Blackburn game although there is a small chance the club could be sold before the weekend. Either way the club should be sold sooner rather than later.

SSN reporting that sources close to MA have told them initial talks have taken place between the Nigerian consortium and Ashley's lawyers but they are not the only interested party. The deal for the club will be between £350m and £400 and a delegation from the Nigerian consortium will travel over to watch the Blackburn game although there is a small chance the club could be sold before the weekend. Either way the club should be sold sooner rather than later.

Well that's a guaranteed way to put them off. ;)