Anyone going to the match tonight?

3bitbob

Anyone going tonight?

Anyone bought tickets but becasuse of all the past few weeks not going out of protest etc?

this from .com -

It's expected that this crowd will be the lowest since:

19.09.1993 14,083 v Mansfield Town (League Cup)

The smallest SJP crowd of the modern era remains:

16.12.1992 4,609 v Cesena (Anglo Italian Cup)

Feel bad now about not going but I'm sticking to my guns of not paying that fat idiot any more money.

Its put me on a right downer today. I'm not going by choice and Im pissed off that the club has put me in this position. I keep telling myself I should be going to support the team, but I cant get away from the though that if I buy a ticket it will have a picture of MA's head on the back laughing at me. ;)

Honestly, nothing could be further from my mind than Mackems at the moment. They are irrelevant.

They're always good to laugh at though. We wouldn't want them to be able to take the piss out of the last thing we have to be proud of.

If we don't get more than their 21,082 from last night I'll be spitting feathers.

I might go.

Can you pay on the door tonight btw?

Tickets are now on general sale and cash turnstiles will be open at all four corners of the ground.

I might pop along, getting back will be a bastard that's all.

I might go.

Tickets are now on general sale and cash turnstiles will be open at all four corners of the ground.

Extra time and Pelanties ;)

I might go.

Extra time and Pelanties ;)

I love a good old pelanty shootout like

Its put me on a right downer today. I'm not going by choice and Im pissed off that the club has put me in this position. I keep telling myself I should be going to support the team, but I cant get away from the though that if I buy a ticket it will have a picture of MA's head on the back laughing at me. ;)

Aye, support is needed

Newcastle United host Tottenham tonight before what is expected to be St James' Park's lowest crowd for a competitive match for 16 years, and with the players and staff bemused and angry that a fortnight on from Kevin Keegan's departure and 10 days on from Mike Ashley's decision to put the club up for sale, none of Ashley's hierarchy has spoken directly to them about what is happening.

newcastle_204989t.jpg

The sense of drift is threefold. There is the lack of communication and leadership from the top -- caretaker Chris Hughton was unable to say yesterday if managing director Derek Llambias will be at tonight's match -- and there is the unwillingness of fans to pay money to watch an increasingly depressing scenario. Then there are results -- Newcastle have lost their last three matches.

Ashley has now appointed bankers Seymour Pierce to sell the club on his behalf and there are rumours of consortiums being formed from Abuja to Ashington. But unlike Ashley when he purchased his shares from John Hall, the next buyers of Newcastle will surely perform due diligence, a process that can last three months.

The general feeling within the training ground is one of amazement that a multimillion-pound concern can be handled so incompetently.

"I've had no indication, we're just getting on with it," Hughton said when asked yesterday if there had been fresh contact from his superiors. "No, not at all. We spoke about it before weekend's game, so from that aspect, nothing's changed."

Asked if he was surprised by this state of communication, Hughton replied: "Anything that is above me as such is something that I can't control. All I can control is what I have in this group of players, a group of players who have been very good and have responded very well to the obvious problems that are there. That's all they can do.

"The only contact I've had is to thank me for the job I'm doing and to just continue. There are things I can't speak about." Hughton said he had not been spoken to since before Saturday's 3-1 defeat at West Ham.

Steve Harper, Newcastle's longest-serving player -- he was signed by Keegan in 1993 -- tried to put a humorous face on the disarray.

"We know as much as you and that is probably done deliberately," Harper said. "I would love to know who the next manger is because I would have a few quid on him."

If Newcastle are not to alienate fans further then they need wins. It is believed less than 15,000 tickets have been sold for tonight. There were 25,000 for the visit of Portsmouth in the League Cup two seasons ago but there was torrential rain. That was the lowest attendance since 14,000 saw a first-round League Cup tie against Mansfield in 1992.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pre...ee-1481051.html

;)

The smallest SJP crowd of the modern era remains:

16.12.1992 4,609 v Cesena (Anglo Italian Cup)

Fucking hell I was at that game - it was eerie watching a match with the ground almost empty.