Taylor

Moor

I'm 43 and played as a centre half I have watched him over the years hearing the plaudits but never rated him.

Sorry but he feels as if he has to take on the world for a cause. He is the epitome of the big fish in a small bowl needing to bail the geordie pride.(as the only geordie) He tries to please too much and that concentration although applauded means nothing unless he can concentrate on a team game . Before you say Collo ball was short this has happened so many times

Taylor will chase the cause even if out of position to please the fans (thankfully not me there) England

He should play his role and then if it goes tits up he aint to blame I don't blame him just don't rate him

Where now 19,000 turned up at a game where we expect nothing (at home)

At the moment very depressed awaiting a buyer to send me on another 16 mnths of delusional optimism

Edited by Moor

Yep ship Taylor out. He's been particularly bad of late.

Sad to say but I'd rather see Bassong and Coloccini in there. Cacapa is too old/slow. I'd have MUCH rathered that Coloccini was partnered with Faye, but thanks to some rather idiotic business that can't happen.

I'm no fan of of Taylor, in fact I've slagged him off more than most. And yes, he fucked right up tonight. But he's not all that bad.

I didn't wait to see if he was the last man off the pitch though.

I'm sick of the cunt on and off the pitch, however one or two attempted to boo him near me and were told to pipe down.

I'm no fan of of Taylor, in fact I've slagged him off more than most. And yes, he fucked right up tonight. But he's not all that bad.

I didn't wait to see if he was the last man off the pitch though.

I'm sick of the cunt on and off the pitch, however one or two attempted to boo him near me and were told to pipe down.

Honestly, there's few players I have more contempt for, but I thought Butt had a far worse night tonight.

I don't rate Taylor, but if you're going to slag off our defenders, slag them all off because they've all been shit recently. It's not like Taylor deserves extra special criticism.

TBH I think he does.

As soon as he got the ball I pretty much knew he was going to take the man on - I never knew he would fail so badly but once O'hara got the ball I knew where it was going.

Mistakes like that cost us games and did last night imo.

I don't rate the lad that highly but its fucking scary that he is a first choice centre half and that we have fuck all to replace him with even if we wanted to...

Aye, its been our story for how long? Although when we had fumble we had Ramage etc. Its pants, we seriously need someone to come in who can address the state and size of the squad.

I don't rate the lad that highly but its fucking scary that he is a first choice centre half and that we have fuck all to replace him with even if we wanted to...

Keegan at least got a couple of promising performances out of him at the end of last season. He is apparently a poor manager though...

Keegan at least got a couple of promising performances out of him at the end of last season. He is apparently a poor manager though...

The club's in safer hands without him ;)

The club's in safer hands without him ;)

It's all the fans fault, we never give managers a chance

Steven Taylor finally admitting he is shit,

taylorisshit

Steven Taylor says Newcastle's players can't use the turmoil off the pitch as an excuse for their struggles on it.

The crisis club sank to their fourth straight defeat against Tottenham in the Carling Cup in front of St James' Park's lowest crowd for 16 years and Taylor (right) claims all the players are hurting.

They face Blackburn at home tomorrow and Taylor says it's a mustwin game.

"What happens off the field is nothing to do with us," said the centre-half. "We have just got to get on with what we do on the pitch.

"We're gutted at the moment, but when you're feeling like this there's nothing better than a quick chance to put things right.

"We've got that chance with our game against Blackburn and that's become a big game for us. A win would mean so much to us. It would push us right back up the table, which would be great because the sooner people stop talking about this relegation dogfight the better.

"The fans are feeling disappointed at the moment and it's up to us to get things moving and put the smile back on their faces."

Taylor, 22, is determined to atone for his mistake for Tottenham's second goal in their 2-0 win and has apologised to the fans and his team-mates.

"I hold my hands up for that second goal," he said.

"I was devastated because it proved so costly. I let my teammates down.

"When your luck is down, your luck is down. As Michael Owen said to me, when your luck's in as a defender, he would have gone on and missed. But when you're out of luck, you can be guaranteed that he will go on and score."

Edited by Ken

Steven Taylor finally admitting he is shit,

taylorisshit

Steven Taylor says I let my teammates down.

he's shit, slow, lacks positional sense, technique, reading of the game, ability.

other than that he's ok, thick as mince mind....

it also doesn't help that he has no manager to boost his confidence, I don't think Hughton appears very good at that.

I thought he had been canny over the last couple of seasons. But this year he seems to be hell bent on being solely responsible for at least one goal a match! At least Bramble and Boumsong had the good grace to have the odd good game between the clangers they dropped.

Never rated him - under 21's my arse look at Amaboobie to show the lack of quality at that level.

I think he is so much like Bramble it's uncanny apart from Taylor drops the defence in the shit and makes others look bad when the goal is scored

least Bramble make a shambles of it and it was instantly apparent it was his fuck up that lead to the goal.

Cannot believe he held the club to some kind of ransom for his increase in wages too - I would have shown him the door