Nigerian takeover only 48 hours away?

Ketsbaia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I just want a good manager and some stability.

Everybody is laughing at us and also giving it the ''20'000 BFITW ROLF!1'' etc etc.

20k in a midweek televised league cup match isn't that bad for the standards of the competition.

Tbh I am dreading it if the nigerians takeover - not because i think we don't need it but because of the mongs outside sjp when the sky cameras get there. It was bad enough when it was Dubai i doubt there would have been a tea towel left in a kitchen drawer so it could be draped over there heeds - there would have had to be extra security on the 'aint half hot mum' wardrobe dept if ambani had bought us but bloody hell they'll be wandering around with assegai spears, kudu skin shields and grass skirts if this one goes through

I also just wanted a decent manager and stability, but something more pressing now is an owner/s who will put in a bit of money during the January window. It is clear we have one of the weakest and smallest squads in the league. When that mountain of fixtures arrive come Dec/Jan we will be utterly screwed, no matter what kind of motivator/manager/coach we may have in by that time. I felt even before all this happened (Keegan/Wise/Lliambus bust up) we needed a strong start to this current campaign to be sure we wouldn't be in a relegation dogfight. Now that we have assured ourselves of the worst possible start imaginable, there is only one thing that will save us and that is a new owner and to be rid of the current structure and the individuals who occupy those roles in the structure.

We are in no position to pick and choose who we want to see buy Ashley out, just as I feel Ashley is in no position to bargain and sell to the highest bidder. I will only believe this buyout from the Nigerian consortium when it happens. I just find it hard to believe they are willing to go as high as £450million when others who appear to be wealthier (Arabs) than this Nigerian consortium (the richest Nigerian person has an estimated wealth of US$2.5 Billion, which I looked up) won't even offer half that amount. There are 4 individuals in this consortium apparently. You would hope that the wealthiest bloke is involved and add on top of that 3 others with a wealth of about US$1 Billion. So that's a consortium worth about US$5 Billion. Much better than Ashley but they are paying a heck of a lot for a, let's be honest here, shit club with a rich history, great tradition and big stadium, but nothing else at the moment.

If it happens, then that's great. Install a new manager, fix up the structure or at least put in people better qualified, buy a few players in January and let's avoid relegation.

I reckon Nathaniel might just be a black Aldridge Prior. "Nah I can't say who the guys behind the deal are...yeah 450m, 500m, whatever." He's making it all up for a bit of publicity man!

It's probably just a wind-up...

Everybody watch out for articles with bad English in implausible-sounding publications such as the Abuja Inquirer.

Actually, that could be perfectly legit...

Tbh I am dreading it if the nigerians takeover - not because i think we don't need it but because of the mongs outside sjp when the sky cameras get there. It was bad enough when it was Dubai i doubt there would have been a tea towel left in a kitchen drawer so it could be draped over there heeds - there would have had to be extra security on the 'aint half hot mum' wardrobe dept if ambani had bought us but bloody hell they'll be wandering around with assegai spears, kudu skin shields and grass skirts if this one goes through

I really don't get this "embarrassed by mongs" malarkey.

Everybody really knows that all clubs have some idiots and everybody knows that the cameras look for them. Whats the big deal here ?

To be honest, If this was a massive scam it would make a even bigger laughing stock of the club. Now in all seriousness do you all really think that Ashley would let a few tits with not enough money release press to the bbc about potential bids in 48 hours if they didnt think there was a realistic chance of it succeeding as it would only stand to de-value the club even further. That fact that Venebles was offered only a game to game contract suggests something is imminent. Someone with Ashleys money has the ability to sort the serious contenders to the scammers i would hope!

Oh and for those talking about the attendance thing we had 20,577, where as the scum only had 21,082. there tickets were 5 quid cheaper and they are'nt currently protesting about anything.

To be honest :-

Blackburn Rovers vs. Everton 14,366

Portsmouth vs. Chelsea 15,339

Liverpool vs. Crewe Alexandra 28,591 **

Aston Villa vs QPR 21,541

Stoke vs Reading 9,141

Sunderland vs Northampton 21,082

higher than ours but Crewe took 3,000

I think it was a reasonable attendance after what has gone on.

Everybody really knows that all clubs have some idiots and everybody knows that the cameras look for them. Whats the big deal here ?

Just a light hearted look at the situation mate - no big deal

To be honest, If this was a massive scam it would make a even bigger laughing stock of the club. Now in all seriousness do you all really think that Ashley would let a few tits with not enough money release press to the bbc about potential bids in 48 hours if they didnt think there was a realistic chance of it succeeding as it would only stand to de-value the club even further. That fact that Venebles was offered only a game to game contract suggests something is imminent. Someone with Ashleys money has the ability to sort the serious contenders to the scammers i would hope!

Oh and for those talking about the attendance thing we had 20,577, where as the scum only had 21,082. there tickets were 5 quid cheaper and they are'nt currently protesting about anything.

If it's a scam it's certainly not the club that's going to be conned, I'm sure of that much

Isn't anyone else thinking that perhaps a Nigerian takeover would be more than just a bit concerning - assuming there actually is a real and viable takeover bid - would we really be happy with that?

Given the uncertainty in economic terms at the moment, I can see that Ashley won't be too concerned where he gets his blood money from but I would not be happy with the club being in foreign ownership.

Just a light hearted look at the situation mate - no big deal

I know.........its a serious observation though, quite a lot seem to be so.

I don't know what to make of these nigerians either.

This nigerian thing worries me. Maybe I'm too distrustful, but they don't exactly have a great track record do they? Oba's agent is clearly trying to say 'all the right things'. My gut tells me this is bollocks.

Ashley vs the Nigerians? I think I'd rather the situation was sorted out with Ashley tbh (and that involves getting rid of Wise and the other clueless feckers). The grass is not always greener, we've found that out already. At least with MA we have someone with credible business sense and a strategy for the club.

Christ, I'm starting to sound a a bit like Leazes in his defence of FFS. I don't think I could take the hammering he got....... ;)

Edited by maggiespaws

This nigerian thing worries me. Maybe I'm too distrustful, but they don't exactly have a great track record do they? Oba's agent is clearly trying to say 'all the right things'. My gut tells me this is bollocks.

Ashley vs the Nigerians? I think I'd rather the situation was sorted out with Ashley tbh (and that involves getting rid of Wise and the other clueless feckers). The grass is not always greener, we've found that out already. At least with MA we have someone with credible business sense and a strategy for the club.

Christ, I'm starting to sound a a bit like Leazes in his defence of FFS. I don't think I could take the hammering he got....... ;)

take out the word "defence"

Hammering ? No problem :nufc:

Hammering ? No problem :thumbup:

Take out the word defence? and replace it with what? 'strongly argue in support of' :nufc:

As for the hammering, that ancient skin of yours must be like rhino-hide :nufc:

Hammering ? No problem :thumbup:

Take out the word defence? and replace it with what? 'strongly argue in support of' :nufc:

As for the hammering, that ancient skin of yours must be like rhino-hide :nufc:

I don't look a day over 40 :panic: