Who ISN'T "World Class"???

Rob W

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen, Roooooneeeey, Lampard and Gerrard are world class.

Beckham, Ferdinand, Campbell and Terry aren't too shabby either.

EDIT:

I thought Luke Young had a good game.

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

I think Rio & Terry are top, Cole is very, very good. Gerrard is a great talent but not always on display, Lamps is too slow for me, Beckham good but not world class imo, Rooney is a bit special, Owen's a good finisher.

Dunno why they just don't try someone like Gareth Barry on the left, i'd even ask Robbie Fowler! Say to him, i know your a forward but you've got a good left foot and stuck for anyone else and this is your only chance of getting a game, fancy it? Either of them must be worth a try rather trying to squeeze Beck, Stevie and Frank into a formation that doesn't work.

My 1st choice 11 would be:

Wes Brown..........Rio............Sol...............Cole

SWP................Jenas............King,L..............Dyer

.......................Defoe............Heskey.............

with some as yet unheard of black genius goalkeeper.

Subs:

Bramble

Vassell

Bent, D.

Jlloyd Samuel

as yet, unfound back-up goalie of good caribbean ancestry.

Carlton Palmer as manager.

Purely my unbiased opinion of England's best chance at silverware

The term 'World Class' has been abused and has been shown no respect in recent times.

What does 'World Class' mean?

You ask a Scouser and he will say "Oh Garcia is World Class". That is a bunch of bullshit. The fellow cant even play slightly out of position. He gives the ball away faster than candy to kids.

I would imagine a 'World Class' player is one who has the following (in no particular order)

(1) A few trophies

(2) A lot of talent

(3) Hunger and eagerness + workrate

(4) Something special

(5) A team player and a winner

(6) Ability to adapt to different situations, leagues, tactis and positions

Im sure iv missed out a few points, but that isnt important, whats important is we 'try' and define 'World Class'.

Rooney is World Class. He has talent, he has a work rate, he has something special, he has hunger, he is a winner, he can adapt to any position or tactic, he plays for the team - however, he has 0 trophies.

Garcia is not 'World Class' He is a European Champion, but his work rate is poor, he cannot defend, he cannot keep the ball, he cannot run up and down and that little bit of special spark that he has does not make up for his flaws.

--

So for England, and If I may start by saying "Sven is an Idiot"

I think this should be the team.

-------------------------------Robinson

---Young/Gary----Terry/Rio---------Carra/Sol--------Cole/Bridge

---------------------------------Parker

---------Lampard------------------------------------Gerrard

----------------------------------Cole

-------------------Rooney--------------------Defoe.

Beckham is done for, he cannot play anymore and has no positional sense.

Terry and Carra are warriors and will die for England. Sol old and Rio is too pretty.

Parker will be the perfect shield to the back 4 and will give Lampard and Gerrard space, time and the lisence to use their heads.

Cole will create everything.

Rooney and Defoe will be superb together - both quick, with great feet and a powerhouse shot.

This can quickly change to a 4-4-2 with Gerrard on the right and Cole on the Left. SWP can come on on either flank.

Crouch is a clumsy fool, he might be whatever with his height and a fairly ok average player, but to lead the line foe England! -- thats the joke of the century.

All this proves Sven has no clue and has forgotten the Lazio days.

Put Pierce in charge I say.

I think Rio & Terry are top, Cole is very, very good. Gerrard is a great talent but not always on display, Lamps is too slow for me, Beckham good but not world class imo, Rooney is a bit special, Owen's a good finisher.

Dunno why they just don't try someone like Gareth Barry on the left, i'd even ask Robbie Fowler! Say to him, i know your a forward but you've got a good left foot and stuck for anyone else and this is your only chance of getting a game, fancy it? Either of them must be worth a try rather trying to squeeze Beck, Stevie and Frank into a formation that doesn't work.

Subs:

Bramble

Vassell

Bent, D.

Jlloyd Samuel

44382[/snapback]

Er, hello...David James. :)

44383[/snapback]

Can't agree with that like, tbh I'm getting ab it bored with the anti-Beckham agenda over the past coupleof years. Beckham is still class, he still produces in an England shirt. I don't know what Owen has done wrong either like, he looked sharp on Saturday imo.

You could put that team out and you'd get the same result as Saturday, the problem is imo that Sven hasn't got any bottle and has got tehm playing far too cautiously. We are no longer an attacking team, we're a soak it up and counter team with the problem being we're shit at it. Having an excellent back four and hardworking midfield means we'll not conceed many though, so we get away it.

Subs:

Bramble

Vassell

Bent, D.

Jlloyd Samuel

44382[/snapback]

44384[/snapback]

Er............i'll keep looking but thanks for your humorous suggestion. :)

Subs:

Bramble

Vassell

Bent, D.

Jlloyd Samuel

44382[/snapback]

44384[/snapback]

Er............i'll keep looking but thanks for your humorous suggestion. :yes

44390[/snapback]

I'd also have Ron Atkinson as the manager rather than Carlton Palmer :)

44383[/snapback]

Can't agree with that like, tbh I'm getting ab it bored with the anti-Beckham agenda over the past coupleof years. Beckham is still class, he still produces in an England shirt. I don't know what Owen has done wrong either like, he looked sharp on Saturday imo.

You could put that team out and you'd get the same result as Saturday, the problem is imo that Sven hasn't got any bottle and has got tehm playing far too cautiously. We are no longer an attacking team, we're a soak it up and counter team with the problem being we're shit at it. Having an excellent back four and hardworking midfield means we'll not conceed many though, so we get away it.

44385[/snapback]

Yep, good post. Anyone who thinks that Beckham is past it should watch him in a Real Madrid shirt - best player in Spain this season by a mile.

I was only including the players who played on Saturday by the way - obviously Rooney is world class too.

Yep, good post. Anyone who thinks that Beckham is past it should watch him in a Real Madrid shirt - best player in Spain this season by a mile.

I was only including the players who played on Saturday by the way - obviously Rooney is world class too.

44407[/snapback]

Maybe the point is that Beckham is a world class winger. When he plays in the centre (as he seems to have done for England for far too long) he is a bit oridinary.

Subs:

Bramble

Vassell

Bent, D.

Jlloyd Samuel

44382[/snapback]

44384[/snapback]

Er............i'll keep looking but thanks for your humorous suggestion. :yes

44390[/snapback]

I'd also have Ron Atkinson as the manager rather than Carlton Palmer :)

44391[/snapback]

Aahhhhhh, Big Ron. Legend. FACT.

44383[/snapback]

44385[/snapback]

44407[/snapback]

Well I agree about Spain. He has been instrumental in all Real wins this season and apart from assisting 98% of the goals with super balls in he has also put in a good work rate. BUT and this is where it might hurt, he is yet to produce such a performance for England - I havent seen it in last many games.

IF Beckham is to play it should be wide right and no other spot, that means its a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3.

Another big problem is the fact that Lampard and Gerrard cannot play together, both great players but due to the absence of a DMF they cant play their game.

Sven either needs to drop Beckham, or drop either Lampard or Gerrard - none of which he has the balls to do.

If there is ONE out and out DMF then whoever he picks - DB, FL, SG, JC - would have freedom and some movement.

--

As for Joe Cole not being 'World Class' - he might not be there as yet, but he is on the right track - and that ill assure you.

I would only put people in the world class bracket if they could make a World XI team and 7 subs

therefore

Buffon

Zambrotta

Heinze

Terry

Nesta

Joaquin

Ballack

Ronaldinho

Robben

Adriano

Shevchenko

Subs:

Cech

Lucio

Puyol

Makelele

Gerrard

Rooney

C Ronaldo

I would only put people in the world class bracket if they could make a World XI team and 7 subs

therefore

Buffon

Zambrotta

Heinze

Terry

Nesta

Joaquin

Ballack

Ronaldinho

Robben

Adriano

Shevchenko

Subs:

Cech

Lucio

Puyol

Makelele

Gerrard

Rooney

C Ronaldo

44522[/snapback]

So at any one time there can only be a maximum of 18 world class players on the planet? Cobblers. :)