Bringing Keegan Back

wykikitoon

I cant find a thread on this but IMO if he comes back for a third time after twice walking out on us its a joke.

KK has done great jobs here in the past but its time to move forward without him IMO. I am sick of reading and hearing about bringing KK back what MA goes. Bad move because its going to end in tears again!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what Im sick of? People harping on about KK walking out without looking at the reasons. Same as people harping on about attendances without asking "why".

its all bullshit. Wise and llambas and the other cunt there are trying to send our club down the pan. keegan isn't a long term solution, neither are venables, o'leary, or any managers that have promised much but failed or resorted to buying tons of average players.

we really need to give this time, as we already have a rubbish injury list, and don't have the squad to compensate.

You know what Im sick of? People harping on about KK walking out without looking at the reasons. Same as people harping on about attendances without asking "why".

I dont blame him for walking out really as I totally agree, however bringing him back again is a bad move. We have to get this monkey off our backs of "if he isnt connected with the club he isnt good enough"

We are a unique club no doubt about that and it does take a special manger IMO to take control of us. However, how many ex players or pepople connected with the club have the credentials or willingness to manage us?

We need a manager who is strong personal wise, someone with man management to control people like Barton, Shola etc.

Boothroyd IMO :read:

I listened to TalkShite this morning and a Geordie, sorry "Geordie" (dunno, could of been a WUM) saying we need someone connected to the club and nobody else. Its a joke if thats what everyone thinks like. Which I know on here its not really, we have fans of Otter, Deschamps etc.

We need to take our time I think and get a manager thats LONG term, i.e min of 3 years. To get foundations settled at the club and build on it. How many mangers have people like Shay, Harper etc now played under? Its a joke.

I dont think KK is a good long term solution. Then again, I didn't think he was the best choice from the start. I think it was a shrewd move my MA thats backfired. But, KK leaving wasnt the problem either, its fuck all to do with KK leaving. That just highlighted what most suspected anyway. Anyone who buys the club and puts him back in I think is a bit short sighted, however it would likely be a short term solution to keep us going while a longer term solution was sought.

What else pissed me off was reading about George Fucking Graham saying we need to open our eyes and be more worldly and not want a Geordie manager. WTF? When was our last Geordie manager and what Geordie manager are we meant to be after? Fuckwit.

Frigging hell, I'm on a right fucking high horse this morning, think Ive been drinking whatever Stevie drinks :read:

Despite being one of his staunchest defenders, I'd prefer to see a clean break. I think as has been said on N-O, no matter how "right" he was, there'd be too many people waiting for him to quit again - I think he's lost a bit of trust whatever the actual circumstances.

Having said that, I can see how new owners would like to get the "everybody on your side" factor by trying for him. I would hope Kevin himself would have the "grace" to turn it down.

I dont blame him for walking out really as I totally agree, however bringing him back again is a bad move. We have to get this monkey off our backs of "if he isnt connected with the club he isnt good enough"

We are a unique club no doubt about that and it does take a special manger IMO to take control of us. However, how many ex players or pepople connected with the club have the credentials or willingness to manage us?

We need a manager who is strong personal wise, someone with man management to control people like Barton, Shola etc.

Boothroyd IMO :read:

I listened to TalkShite this morning and a Geordie, sorry "Geordie" (dunno, could of been a WUM) saying we need someone connected to the club and nobody else. Its a joke if thats what everyone thinks like. Which I know on here its not really, we have fans of Otter, Deschamps etc.

We need to take our time I think and get a manager thats LONG term, i.e min of 3 years. To get foundations settled at the club and build on it. How many mangers have people like Shay, Harper etc now played under? Its a joke.

Monkey? Feels like a frigging Gorilla... ;)

I would have no problem if he returned. He is probably still the best thing that can happen for us at the moment as I can't see too many available managers who could help us. At least with Keegan you know what you get. I can't understand all the walking out fuss. In the end he only really walked out on England and probably us this time. But the main thing is that Keegan left all his clubs (well apart from us this time) in a better state than he found them. Even if Keegan isn't a long term solution I'd be happy to give him the time to work his own way. I am sure by the time he leaves again we are most likely to be in a better position for a successor to take over.

I would have no problem if he returned. He is probably still the best thing that can happen for us at the moment as I can't see too many available managers who could help us. At least with Keegan you know what you get. I can't understand all the walking out fuss. In the end he only really walked out on England and probably us this time. But the main thing is that Keegan left all his clubs (well apart from us this time) in a better state than he found them. Even if Keegan isn't a long term solution I'd be happy to give him the time to work his own way. I am sure by the time he leaves again we are most likely to be in a better position for a successor to take over.

+1

I think Keegan would "loom" larger if he didn't get to finish what he'd started. I'm really annoyed with his timing but I have an innate belief that he can do a job here.

Get him in with clear guidelines, tell him he has to stay the course and let's get back on the up again. The players and fans all have a connection with him and he could hand the club over to a new manager in 3 years time in a lot better state than it is today.

I cant find a thread on this but IMO if he comes back for a third time after twice walking out on us its a joke.

KK has done great jobs here in the past but its time to move forward without him IMO. I am sick of reading and hearing about bringing KK back what MA goes. Bad move because its going to end in tears again!

In fairness to Keegan the first time he walked out it was over issues that then basically turned into the FFS era (and only the utter fluke of us managing to get Bobby Robson saved that IMO).

And this time again it's over mismanagement and broken promises that would have screwed the club long-term anyway (operating at a profit, with a paper then squad and stuff like refusing to give Owen a contract and then trying to sell him behind the managers back is no way to get into the top 8-10 never mind the top 6).

Especially this time I can't think of many managers that wouldn't have walked out in the same situation, Curbishly certainly did.

+1

I agree completely. This walking out shite sends me into a frenzy, why does nobody mention he has never been sacked.