Joe Kinnear named new manager

The Big Roberto

Were you told by someone that should be in the know jawd?

Anyone listening to the radio this afternoon would be in the know as Joe Kinnear said it in his interview.

Why is everyone suddenly opposed to Keegan coming back? He had us playing well last season, the Man U game was a great start and then it all hit the fan! It seems to me the problem is the owner and the board.

Well if news is to be believed then in 4 weeks the board will be gone, keegan will be back, he will have full control over transfers and a hefty sum of money to spend in Januray. Possibly training Shearer to take over from himself in 3 years time.

That seems like pretty much the perfect scenario to me :read:

Yet people are still moaning?

No complaints here - as cesc fabregas said today its not about winning stuff but enjoying football and i for one say that i never enjoyed watching newcastle as much as when kk was in charge (sbr was close like) as for Kinnear after the initial shock I listened to his interview and he seems a decent bloke who will try his best and is under no illusions - i wish him well for the time he is with us

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One Joe Kinnear

One Joe Kinnear

Things were severe

But now that you're here

We're walking in a Kinnear wonderland

Joey's boys will fight and play the long ball

Come on all you geordies sing

Soon The Nigerians will give Keegan a ring

Joey's boys will fight and play the long ball

Don't wanna go down

Don't wanna go dowwwwwwwwwwwwn

This is the worst shit we've ever been iiiiiiiiin

Edited by Stevie

Im still pretty neutral about this. Not sure what else we could have hoped for. No matter who came in we wouldnt have been happy. Im clinging on to the hope that what I was told was true. End of OCt will be interesting.

Spill it then squire

Massive pause from Kinnear between saying Keegan and Shearer's names.... anyone else wonder if he had the thought of "i perhaps shouldn't be saying this" when he actually did spill the beans?

Were you told by someone that should be in the know jawd?

Anyone listening to the radio this afternoon would be in the know as Joe Kinnear said it in his interview.

Why is everyone suddenly opposed to Keegan coming back? He had us playing well last season, the Man U game was a great start and then it all hit the fan! It seems to me the problem is the owner and the board.

Well if news is to be believed then in 4 weeks the board will be gone, keegan will be back, he will have full control over transfers and a hefty sum of money to spend in Januray. Possibly training Shearer to take over from himself in 3 years time.

That seems like pretty much the perfect scenario to me :read:

Yet people are still moaning?

No complaints here - as cesc fabregas said today its not about winning stuff but enjoying football and i for one say that i never enjoyed watching newcastle as much as when kk was in charge (sbr was close like) as for Kinnear after the initial shock I listened to his interview and he seems a decent bloke who will try his best and is under no illusions - i wish him well for the time he is with us

I'd be pretty happy with that, in fact I'd be very happy. I understand the reservations some may now have, since the dust has settled and people have had time to think or be influenced by the media, the fact of the matter is the gut instinct of most when Keegan left was to jump to his defence and show anger towards the people who had created the mess in the first place - and they always say the first instinct is usually the correct one. I can't say that I don't have any concerns at all that Kev's a tad temperamental but to be fair to him his hand has been forced the times that he's walked.

Until such point as a new owner is in place and a new full time manager is brought in Roy Kinnear has my full support also (though I'm still not buying anything from the club until Ashley's gone ;) ).

Massive pause from Kinnear between saying Keegan and Shearer's names.... anyone else wonder if he had the thought of "i perhaps shouldn't be saying this" when he actually did spill the beans?

Maybe hes just been 'out of the game' so long he doesnt know who Shearer is

I am a Forest season ticket holder and thought I would give you my thoughts on Kinnear.

When he came into us we were 22nd in the Championship wihout a win in 14 games or even a goal in 6- from his appointment out of 17 games his record was:

Won 8

Drawn 7

Lost 2

A very impressive turn around. He was a fantastic short term appointment. However the following season it went horribly wrong- he signed some garbage players and the team started woefully unfit. By the time he lft us in early December we were firmly rooted in the bottom 3 and went onto be relegated.

He may well have a positive short term effect on you but thank your lucky stars this is only an interim appointment.

All the best for tomorrow and the rest of the season!

Rather worryingly Joe talked about having last been involved in football 18 months ago when he left Forest - that was actually four years ago this December.

:read:

This isn't just Joe Kinnear back in the Premier League. This is Newcastle United's senile Joe Kinnear.

Rather worryingly Joe talked about having last been involved in football 18 months ago when he left Forest - that was actually four years ago this December.

:read:

This isn't just Joe Kinnear back in the Premier League. This is Newcastle United's senile Joe Kinnear.

At Forest he often claimed to have reduced our debt by 25m despite only adding to the wage bill while here, he spouts a LOT of BS.

He also labelled the Forest fans morons and evil when they criticised him while we were languishing in the bottom 3.

I cannot understand why people are going so made about this appointment he is only here for 1 month at the most, we are in dire need of someone and no one else will come because they know we are being taken over at some stage soon. so I say lets get behind him and team try to win a game or two and hope the rumours of keegan and shearer coming back are true

I cannot understand why people are going so made about this appointment he is only here for 1 month at the most, we are in dire need of someone and no one else will come because they know we are being taken over at some stage soon. so I say lets get behind him and team try to win a game or two and hope the rumours of keegan and shearer coming back are true

He's getting half a million to do what Hughton was supposed to.

:read: Where'd you get that figure from?

Tbh and shoot me down if you like but i think this is a decent decision...No he may not be a world beater or massive name but come on guys we were never gonna get someone in with a massive reputation on a short term basis.

Im encouraged by this...he will provide help for Hughten and coaching staff and hold the fort for 6 games.

He seems to think the takeover will be done in next few weeks which is good news, and secondly thinks that with the new owners KK and wor Al will come in. All in all im pleased with this news.

Are we sure that he was offered the same 'El Tel' was supposedly offered? Would be very surprised.

Are we sure that he was offered the same 'El Tel' was supposedly offered? Would be very surprised.

Venables wasn't offered anything, he said so himself, it's not like he'd have a reason to lie about it.

Initially angry and numb at the same time.

Admire his honesty and the stats/explanation from the scab when he went there gives me hope.

Could work - more interested in what he had to say regarding sale progress.

Could work - more interested in what he had to say regarding sale progress.

I'm puzzled why after so much silence, Kinnnear blurts all this out apparently on behalf of Ashley. He looked like Ashley's spokesman on Sky Sports. I'm suspicious. Is Ashley really going to sell. Nigerian sale breaks down, Kinnear gets an extension, results get better, Wise and Kinnear enjoy good working relationship, protests fade and on we go.

Fookin hell, how on earth did you lot let this happen. Was over the moon when Wise fupped off from my club, but this - Kinnear - wouldn't wish it on any club - well, Scum, obviously. Jeez, you lot are in the brown stuff, up to yer ears. Wise is poison, a cancer in your club, you got to get rid of him - And not back to us!