At a time of despair take comfort that there is....

Jimbo

rio, king and woodgate have class and can win the ball, pass it out of defence and they are good on the ball. all terry and carrager do is throw themselves at the ball as a recovery challenge, constantly get lucky with how pens aren't given against them and they have no pace

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Carragher than King. He has more heart, he uses his physical attributes better, wins the ball more, reads it better. As I said if there were any dippers reading this message board they would laugh their tits off at the assertion King is better than him. As for Terry, Woody and Rio, the comparisons are laughable.

Seems alot of your fellow Mags disagree as do I. Carragher has always been and will always be a very, very average player.

He could have all the heart in the world (not that Ledley doesnt) and it wouldn't make up for the fact he is a one paced clogger.

Terry reads the game better than all of them in my opinion but he is also one paced and his distribution sucks.

Edited by Danny B

I'd rather have Carragher than King. He has more heart, he uses his physical attributes better, wins the ball more, reads it better. As I said if there were any dippers reading this message board they would laugh their tits off at the assertion King is better than him. As for Terry, Woody and Rio, the comparisons are laughable.

Seems alot of your fellow Mags disagree as do I. Carragher has always been and will always be a very, very average player.

He could have all the heart in the world (not that Ledley doesnt) and it wouldn't make up for the fact he is a one paced clogger.

Terry reads the game better than all of them in my opinion but he is also one paced and his distribution sucks.

what a load of bollocks. he's one of the best defenders in the league

what a load of boll*cks. he's one of the best defenders in the league

Behind Vidic, Rio, Toure, Carvalho, Terry, Woodgate, King and Skrtel.....but youre right....one of the best.

Edited by Danny B

what a load of boll*cks. he's one of the best defenders in the league

Behind Vidic, Rio, Toure, Carvalho, Terry, Woodgate, King and Skrtel.....but youre right....one of the best.

I'd rather have Carragher than Vidic, and fucking Skrtel like I say Liverpool fans would laugh their tits off at your opinions here. Incredible. A very average player ;) fucking do one.

This is the sort of nobhead we have in this country in 2008. Coming out with yank expressions.

You would rather have Carragher than Vidic?

Bloody ell Stevie you come out with some crackers but that is the best yet.

Vidic has improved but he was a donkey when he first came heading the ball down in his own box. The best one I've EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, is Carragher is a "very, very average player", nothing I've ever seen will come close to that remark, let alone saying Ledley King is a better defender than him.

This is the sort of nobhead we have in this country in 2008. Coming out with yank expressions.

stevie put carrager in an average team and you would see what he is really like. He would give more pens away than steven taylor if he wasn't a lucky scouser. Overrated by most people because he is playin for a top 4 team, he is english, because of how little goals liverpool let in (mainly because of their all out defence and how they normally play with two DMs) and as gerrard is 'mr liverpool' carrager is 'Mrs liverpool.

You would rather have Carragher than Vidic?

Bloody ell Stevie you come out with some crackers but that is the best yet.

Vidic has improved but he was a donkey when he first came heading the ball down in his own box. The best one I've EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, is Carragher is a "very, very average player", nothing I've ever seen will come close to that remark, let alone saying Ledley King is a better defender than him.

He is average, he is slow and he has no distribution. He is a blocker, in fact he is a very good blocker but as an all round defender he is not better than any of the defenders on my list.

Edited by Danny B

stevie put carrager in an average team and you would see what he is really like. He would give more pens away than steven taylor if he wasn't a lucky scouser. Overrated by most people because he is playin for a top 4 team, he is english, because of how little goals liverpool let in (mainly because of their all out defence and how they normally play with two DMs) and as gerrard is 'mr liverpool' carrager is 'Mrs liverpool.

He's been in an average team for about 6 years. His contribution to Liverpool's Champions League success was almost as telling as Steven Gerrard's.

Just spoke to a scouser at work, I asked him who was the better defender. He said Vidic, his exact words "Carragher is too slow"

...and my names fucking Bella Emberg.

Just spoke to a scouser at work, I asked him who was the better defender. He said Vidic, his exact words "Carragher is too slow"

;)

an oxy-moron if ever there was one.

Not having a go at you Danny, but do you still like the man in your picture? I'm struggling to see what he's done well since becoming Spurs manager.

Winning the League Cup wouold be the obvious answer I suppose, though Souness and McClaren both won it also in recent years...

Of course I do. Ramos has really upped the fitness levels at the club so we are no longer sitting back 60 minutes into a game and absorbing pressure like we used to.

He has also had a pretty decent record against the top four (beating Chelsea and Arsenal, drawing twice with Chelsea and Manure). Something Jol could never seem to achieve.

The problem goes higher than Ramos, we will never be a top club if the club is willing to sell our top players. Keane Berbatov and Carrick were all massive blows and to a lesser extent Steed and TT could do a job.

A year ago we had Defoe Keane and Berbatov and we have replaced that with Bent and Pav. Add to that we have repeatedly failed to sign a DM and a CB to replace King and theres your answer.

I used to like the way we were run like a business but right now I would give my right arm for a sheik with a fist full of Kuwaiti Dinar.

Thanks for the response. No doubt the problems go higher than Ramos - selling three top-class strikers in 8 or so months is always going to cause problems. That said, I am a bit sceptical over Ramos' decisions and there's no way a team with your players (a far stronger squad than ours) should be rock bottom now, even if the top four predictions were a bit high.

Not having a go at you Danny, but do you still like the man in your picture? I'm struggling to see what he's done well since becoming Spurs manager.

Winning the League Cup wouold be the obvious answer I suppose, though Souness and McClaren both won it also in recent years...

Of course I do. Ramos has really upped the fitness levels at the club so we are no longer sitting back 60 minutes into a game and absorbing pressure like we used to.

He has also had a pretty decent record against the top four (beating Chelsea and Arsenal, drawing twice with Chelsea and Manure). Something Jol could never seem to achieve.

The problem goes higher than Ramos, we will never be a top club if the club is willing to sell our top players. Keane Berbatov and Carrick were all massive blows and to a lesser extent Steed and TT could do a job.

A year ago we had Defoe Keane and Berbatov and we have replaced that with Bent and Pav. Add to that we have repeatedly failed to sign a DM and a CB to replace King and theres your answer.

I used to like the way we were run like a business but right now I would give my right arm for a sheik with a fist full of Kuwaiti Dinar.

Thanks for the response. No doubt the problems go higher than Ramos - selling three top-class strikers in 8 or so months is always going to cause problems. That said, I am a bit sceptical over Ramos' decisions and there's no way a team with your players (a far stronger squad than ours) should be rock bottom now, even if the top four predictions were a bit high.

When he first came to the club I gave up trying to fathom out some of the subs he made because despite the fact they were a bit odd, they seemed to work. The opposite is now happening. He would happily lose a defender and put on a third striker if we were chasing. Now he seems to have gone defensive. He is not without blame but he has really fuck all to work with up front.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once he's sold NUFC to a bunch of mercenary oriental businessmen, Mike Ashley will move his focus to White Hart Lane and buy Spurs.

He could then play God with his own team, have a ready made manager in Gus Poyet and DoF in Wise, and we could all go back to regarding Spurs as the perpetual joke they used to be throughout the last decade.

;)

Just got emailed this joke:

Taken from Elizabeth Fritzi's diary

Monday: Stayed in, dad came down and fucked me.

Tuesday: Got fucked by dad.

Wednesday: Stayed in, dad fucked me.

Thursday: Stayed in, got fucked by dad.

Friday: Stayed in, dad fucked me.

Saturday: Went to see Spurs play, wish I had stayed in.

;)

That makes one of Shintons look good. Its not funny, not even particularly topical.

Embarrassing.

To be fair I've seen it re-hashed for several clubs, think it may even have been in the bad jokes thread on the general forum - still funny though, especially used for the Spuds ;)

That makes one of Shintons look good. Its not funny, not even particularly topical.

Embarrassing.

To be fair I've seen it re-hashed for several clubs, think it may even have been in the bad jokes thread on the general forum - still funny though, especially used for the Spuds ;)

It's supposed to be a bad taste jokes thread. I can see how the confusion arose though.