Attendance

Jackies the Lad

Almost 45000 there yesterday, pretty damn good considering what's going on.

But can anybody tell me how they arrive at that figure, is it numbers through the turnstiles, is it season tickets bought plus additional tickets sold, just how do NUFC count?

They count up the number of pints sold and divide by 9.

:read:

Goes on tickets sold. If there's a queue at the turnstiles and I see a wheelchair going through the door that's where I go, so it doesnt get swiped, so if you are right, which you're not, I wouldn't be registered as being at the match.

I use the disabled lift and my card is not swiped, I believe the attendance is counted as all season tickets sold + tickets for the day plus pay as you enter turnstiles.

So in theory, even if everyone boycoutted a league game (for some reason) the attendance would be registered as 40k+?

Hearing the Tannoy blaring "and the offical attendance today is 42358" to an empty stadium would be class. ;)

......except that nobody would hear it.....*twilight zone music*

MWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

I use the disabled lift and my card is not swiped, I believe the attendance is counted as all season tickets sold + tickets for the day plus pay as you enter turnstiles.

So in theory, even if everyone boycoutted a league game (for some reason) the attendance would be registered as 40k+?

Hearing the Tannoy blaring "and the offical attendance today is 42358" to an empty stadium would be class. ;)

......except that nobody would hear it.....*twilight zone music*

MWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

That's happened Rangers played Partick the season they came third, wasn't that long ago. Season was coming to its' conclusion, and it was estimated that less than 25,000 were at Ibrox, however the crowd was given as 46,000.

That's exactly how it is.