Hacking Sods

wykikitoon

Last night noticed that 5 or 6 items had been bought on my Play.com account. I didnt order them and I contacted Play.com to get the cancelled. The chap I spoke to on the phone was helpful and stopped the ones that were going through, however the bulk of the order had already gone onto my card.

I then spoke to HSBC and tried sorting it, could I? More chance of Newcastle winning the Premiership with Kinnear in charge! The women I spoke to was fucking useless.

WT - "Hello I have an unauthorised payment from Play.com on my card. <lists ammounts>

SC - "We do not have them payments on your card I am afraid are you sure?"

WT - "Play have said they have gone through, is there a chance you could top future payments to this?"

SC - "We do not have any payments from Play.com for them ammounts I am afraid"

WT - "I know but I have been informed by Play that there will be some activity on my card for £xx (total amount of goods)"

SC - "Yes there is a payment from Play.com for that amount"

WT (confused to fuck) - "Youve just said there wasnt, its simple mathematics that them goods come to a total of that amount, why have you been saying there wasnt any activity on my card from Play and now youre saying there is"

SC - "I understand your problem, please contact play to stop the payment"

WT (Piss boiling) - "But youre my bank, you can see the payment is going through cant you stop it?"

SC - "No, we have to wait and then if it wasnt authorised we shall sort out recivering it"

WT - Phone down!

Fucking idiots. I then phoned this morning, got through to someone with a brain. He cancelled my cards and put a note on that if the tranasaction goes through to stop it and recover the money.

Now Play.com have got a delivary address for these goods, surley they should pass it on to the Police?

Make sure you use a credit card and not a debit card.

I ONLY use a debit card alex ;) Now I am worried.

credit cards insured/covered, your debit card isn't

:yes

Yeah I know that but havent got a credit card, never wanted one. I have a spare debit account though. I think I will have to use that solely for online stuff, just put the cash in there when I want to order something. Its going to be a pain in the arse changing all my accounts over to a different card though. I must do it today.

aye credit cards are evil never ever get one

can you not set one up and transfer funds between the two accounts instantly online?

halifax are great for that online banking stuff

Yeah I think I can do online banking between the two, which would be much easier, but that worries me too!!!!! ;):yes I wonder how secure that is.

I only use my credit card for online stuff. Fair enough if you don't want to get one but you have less protection/insurance online if you use a debit card. An different debit account to your normal one is probably a good alternative but credit cards are fine as long as you can control your spending.

Yeah, we've started using the fella's credit card recently for big online purchases (flights etc.) and doing a transfer to pay off the balance straight away. It's fine as long as you keep on top of things.

Edited by Meenzer

Yeah, we've started using the fella's credit card recently for big online purchases (flights etc.) and doing a transfer to pay off the balance straight away. It's fine as long as you keep on top of things.

That's usually what I do. It's went down the spout a bit recently like as I keep forgetting to pay. ;):yes

Aye, using a credit card as a form of credit is frankly mental, but using one as an effective debit card and gaining all the protections that go with it is just plain sensible (especially online or for more expensive items).

I have just spoken to the police about this situation and they basically said, because I am getting my money back, its HSBC who are the actualy victim of the crime and not me?

WTF!!!

...and it'll be HSBC's fraud division that'll follow it up.

I had my debit card cloned Christmas last year, cheeky fuckers managed to spend just over a grand!! Fortunately I got it all back but it's very worrying at how easy a card can be cloned.