Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Jimbo

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced the availability of a playable demo of its forthcoming PES 2009 title for PLAYSTATIONR3, Xbox 360 and PC on 2nd October.

Due for release on 17th October, PES 2009 marks the triumphant return of what is regarded as the most realistic football title for any format. Users will be treated to an expansive playable demo of the new title, with the bespoke version offering a full five-minute Exhibition multiplayer match.

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009's reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge.

The PES 2009 demo will also include promotional videos detailing the new game's 'Become a Legend' and online 'Legends' modes, which see the player controlling just one player within a team and attempting to forge a career in football. Starting as a promising 17-year-old, players must force their way into the first team and produce a series of blistering performances which will ultimately result to a move to one of Europe's biggest sides. Or, on the flipside, poor performances can see a player struggling in the lower leagues and eventually being released.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89%. :)

Downloads slow on PS3? Got it in 15 mins on 360.

Don't think its got anything to do with the system :nufc:

I Like it so far. Feels like older PES. :lol: Only hope the online is lag free.

Having played both demos I'd say PES just shades it on game play, graphically I don't think there is anyting in it, but FIFA gets kudos for the shirts and team names.

Having played both demos I'd say PES just shades it on game play, graphically I don't think there is anyting in it, but FIFA gets kudos for the shirts and team names.

Does Fifa not have the newcastle badge in the wrong place though? I'm not saying that would bother me though, before i get in trouble. :lol:

Does Fifa not have the newcastle badge in the wrong place though? I'm not saying that would bother me though, before i get in trouble. :lol:

Game play on PES is terrible and WHEN PLAYING I prefer the graphics on FIFA (when camera mode is changed to dynamic).

Does Fifa not have the newcastle badge in the wrong place though? I'm not saying that would bother me though, before i get in trouble. <_<

Game play on PES is terrible and WHEN PLAYING I prefer the graphics on FIFA (when camera mode is changed to dynamic).

game play on pro evo is much better than fifa

Does Fifa not have the newcastle badge in the wrong place though? I'm not saying that would bother me though, before i get in trouble. :razz:

Ever since pro evo 3 its been way ahead of Fifa, but since 6 I think Fifa has been catching up.

Haven't played either of the new demos cos I don't have a new gen console <_< ,but everyone i've spoken to and nearly everything i've read about from forums and reviews has suggested Fifa is better this time round.

Have always been a pro ev fanboy but I think from what i've heard i'm leaning more towards FIFA, and so are a lot of people

Does Fifa not have the newcastle badge in the wrong place though? I'm not saying that would bother me though, before i get in trouble. :razz:

Ever since pro evo 3 its been way ahead of Fifa, but since 6 I think Fifa has been catching up.

Haven't played either of the new demos cos I don't have a new gen console <_< ,but everyone i've spoken to and nearly everything i've read about from forums and reviews has suggested Fifa is better this time round.

Have always been a pro ev fanboy but I think from what i've heard i'm leaning more towards FIFA, and so are a lot of people

i have been reading the same thing about people saying fifa is much better but i really don't understand why they think that. Fifa has the better variety of types of game to play online or one player but imo the gameplay is terrible.bad things about it are:

you can't pass the ball out from goal kicks because the opposition player just stands a player infront of your defender at the edge of the box

with there being a power bar for passing it's takes ages to pass the ball

shootings rubbish- impossible to score from far out.

you can't take anyone on

the gameplays so much slower than pro evo

if you are a couple of yards ahead of the defender and through on goal the defender always catches you up unless you are one of the best players on the game

the ref is too strict with sendings off

well I've played both demos now and PES still absolutely runs aways with it IMO I really didn't like fifa

gameplay wise it seems to fiddly i liked the thing with the right analog stick used to quickly change direction but it does make it tricky to do followed by a quick pass which is something i attempted to do a number of times

looks wise I dont think its any better or worse than pes overall I liked the menus more than PES but the pitch looks really strange and a friend of mine pointed outthat the players seem kind of out of proportion like they have massive heads or something and I do agree with him

PES isn't a perfect football sim by any means but as a game to be played, as games should be, for fun it is still well ahead and IMO all fifa has over it is slightly prettier menus and its usual thing which is the licenses but I don't care about them that much anyway

Got PES on the 360 on wednesday unfortunately due to being really fucking ill/contagious I've had to go home from uni and haven't been able to play it :jesuswept:

onami unveils first PES 2009 club update as eagerly-awaited football epic hits stores across Europe…

As Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH’s PES 2009 hits stores tomorrow for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and PC-DVD, the publisher has announced a free downloadable update for early November, expanding upon the games licensed teams and in-game elements.

The download will be available in about three weeks, and updates four Spanish sides – Athletico Madrid, Sevilla, Racing Santander and Valladolid, – all of whom will be officially licensed. Furthermore, it will also update the kits and team rosters of many teams within the game. The UEFA Champions League mode will also benefit from the new update, with twelve more teams added to the club list, with proper UEFA Champions League kits and kit markings added. Amongst the teams fully updated within this mode now will be Marseille, Juventus, and Basel.

The new raft of additions further demonstrate Konami’s commitment to expanding the licence roster in the PES series. Every aspect of PES 2009 has been reworked from the ground up, with new player models, AI elements and physics routines all combining to create the most advanced and realistic football game ever. The game also includes new Become a Legend and Legends modes, wherein players guide one player within a team either solo or online. Expanding upon this, the update also adds a new Theatre of Legends function which allows users to upload replay data for friends to view, and to view those of others.

The PES series has always been famed for its deep yet accessible control system, but the new game is aiming even higher. PES 2009 offers an unprecedented level of control, redefining the intricacies of first touch, close control and ball distribution, while also enhancing its shooting and AI mechanisms to create an all-round footballing experience. New control systems wherein the player can now perform tricks and feints without the use of special moves have been implemented, and the way the player guides the ball has been changed. The PES series has always treated the ball as a separate entity, but new calculations related to the air resistance and friction of the ground make passing and movement in PES 2009 a great deal more realistic.

“PES 2009 is already a million seller in pre-orders alone, but these new additions show how we are determined to continually improve the content of the game,” commented Jon Murphy PES European Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We hope the updated team data and new UEFA Champions League elements will show our ongoing support for PES 2009’s team rosters, and look to continually enhancing such sections in the coming year at no extra cost.”

From Winning Eleven Blog.