Does it matter who owns the Toon ?

OllieBurton

:lol: Does it matter who owns the Toon...?????

I'm old enough to remember when it was Pirate Westwood, Stan Seymour & McKeagg, then we had the Halls, then Freddie Shepherd & now Mike Ashley & "sack the board" was chanted at every one of them.

Christ - we even got rid of Bobby Robson !

Now where going to get a bunch of Nigerians or an Arab Sheikh.

Fundamentally there is something wrong with Newcastle which means we've had zero success in nearly 40 years.

I put it down to a lack of long term planning & the desire for instant success.

We need owners who are here for the long term, who will put a decent structure in place, in terms of youth development & financial prudence.

We also need a top class manager who buys the players & picks the team. Personally I don't think that person should be Keegan but thats my own view.

We all need to have a bit of PATIENCE to allow a new manager to settle in & build.

I know we,ve been wating 40 years but if we carry on like this we'll STILL be waiting in another 40 years.

for a spurs fan, u love commenting on the toon, isnt there a spurs forum u can annoy ppl on u'd think u have enough of ur own team's problems to worry about right now :lol:

I find it all too depressing on there at the moment.

We all need to have a bit of PATIENCE to allow a new manager to settle in & build.

Ruud Gullit

Graeme Souness

Glenn Roeder

Sam Allardyce.

Please - defend these managers and tell me where they would have took us at their optimum level of performance.

Ruud Gullit

Graeme Souness

Glenn Roeder

Sam Allardyce.

Please - defend these managers and tell me where they would have took us at their optimum level of performance.

I was there in 1982 against QPR when Keegan struck the ball & "the crowd sucked it in to the net"

I followed the Toon home & away & shared in the magic of the Keegan years.

I followed the toon when KK was manager & saw some of the most exciting & adventurous football I've ever seen.

I was there for the "messiah's" return this year & - you know what - I sensed then something was wrong. It wasn't the same somehow. The crowd were relatively subdued. The atmosphere was depleted, despite the cardboard hats, cheerleaders & associated bullshit.

Keegan FAILED to inspire, the results didn't come & when it came to the crunch, as per usual, the little f*ck*r walked...

The ONLY reason KK returned to Newcastle was because his business was in the sh!t & he needed the wonga.

I swear, in 1984 when he took off from St James in that helecopter he was piss*ng on us :lol:

Edited by OllieBurton

Ruud Gullit

Graeme Souness

Glenn Roeder

Sam Allardyce.

I was there in 1982 against QPR when Keegan struck the ball & "the crowd sucked it in to the net"

I followed the toon when KK was manager & saw some of the most exciting & adventurous football I've ever seen.

I was there for the "messiah's" return this year & - you know what - I sensed then something was wrong. It wasn't the same somehow. The crowd were relatively subdued. The atmosphere was depleted, despite the cardboard hats, cheerleaders & associated bullshit.

Keegan FAILED to inspire, the results didn't come & when it came to the crunch, as per usual, the little f*ck*r walked...

The ONLY reason KK returned to Newcastle was because his business was in the sh!t & he needed the wonga.

I swear, in 1984 when he took off from St James in that helecopter he was piss*ng on us :nufc:

Canny :lol::)

Ruud Gullit

Graeme Souness

Glenn Roeder

Sam Allardyce.

I swear, in 1984 when he took off from St James in that helecopter he was piss*ng on us :lol:

OK you win. Go back to typing shit jokes in big fonts

Ruud Gullit

Graeme Souness

Glenn Roeder

Sam Allardyce.

I swear, in 1984 when he took off from St James in that helecopter he was piss*ng on us :)

:lol:

If you don't like Keegan, what actually figures from the club's history do you admire? That's a rhetorical question to save the sad bastards the effort btw.

If you don't like Keegan, what actually figures from the club's history do you admire? That's a rhetorical question to save the sad bastards the effort btw.

In order of magnanimity my top 10:-

1. Bobby Robson

2. Alan Shearer

3. Bob Moncur

4. Peter Beardsley

5. Joe Harvey

6. Sir John Hall

7. Arthur Cox

8. Jackie Milburn.

9. Supermac.

10. Terry McDermott.

An interesting view point but basically you're saying the vast majority of toon fans are deluded.

Wait, what?

ps. can you please do one in order of pusillanimity?

Edited by trophyshy

In order of magnanimity my top 10:-

1. Bobby Robson

2. Alan Shearer

3. Bob Moncur

4. Peter Beardsley

5. Joe Harvey

6. Sir John Hall

7. Arthur Cox

8. Jackie Milburn.

9. Supermac.

10. Terry McDermott.

You do realise that IF the Halls and Co had been more interested in the club then in lining their pockets (at that stage) we'd have almost certainly kept Keegan and almost certainly won something (Daglish proved he'd built a top team if nothing else).

After that, barring a brief rally with Robson, we've just been swimming in quicksand.

Edited by Fop