NUSC

Jusoda Kid

Christ, I shouldnt be saying this.....

The NUSC was set up for all the right reasons, with good intentions and at the same time it was on the back of a protest so the two lines have crossed. Unfortunately some people I think are losing track of the main aim which is a "voice of the fans" and too many statements are going out under the NUSC name, the statements although well meaning and not mailicious are not representing the fans views and therefore should not be made.

I cant really put more to it than that at the moment other than to say I share your concerns, hopefully more on the board will otherwise I think this is going to be a very shortlived association. I dont want that, I joined up in this to start a supporters club, not a protest club. I agree we need to keep up the protests but not in the way we are going at the moment.

If that doesnt change shortly then I dont think I will be involved, either because I jack it in on Monday or Im booted out for not toeing the party line. Either way I will still be looking to get this thing up and running for what it was meant to be. I do however think I will be there Tuesday, these people are not daft, theyre not revolutionaries they are a little over zealous and losing the way.

Lets see what Monday brings.

Glad to see you share our concerns, most would welcome a supporters group that gave a measured and dignified voice to the fans rather than the somewhat manic militant ramblings we are seeing so far.

What if Ashley is still here next summer?

You think a Supporters group will have any effect on speeding up his departure ?

If a few mongs with some banners can make him try and sell....

The supporters group over the long term will be a very decent thing. I'm aghast people are judging something so much in its infancy.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather people made honest comments expressing any concerns they had rather than just backing them to hilt no matter how fucking stupid they sound.

The NUSC was set up for all the right reasons, with good intentions and at the same time it was on the back of a protest so the two lines have crossed. Unfortunately some people I think are losing track of the main aim which is a "voice of the fans" and too many statements are going out under the NUSC name, the statements although well meaning and not mailicious are not representing the fans views and therefore should not be made.

I cant really put more to it than that at the moment other than to say I share your concerns, hopefully more on the board will otherwise I think this is going to be a very shortlived association. I dont want that, I joined up in this to start a supporters club, not a protest club. I agree we need to keep up the protests but not in the way we are going at the moment.

If that doesnt change shortly then I dont think I will be involved, either because I jack it in on Monday or Im booted out for not toeing the party line. Either way I will still be looking to get this thing up and running for what it was meant to be. I do however think I will be there Tuesday, these people are not daft, theyre not revolutionaries they are a little over zealous and losing the way.

Glad to see you share our concerns, most would welcome a supporters group that gave a measured and dignified voice to the fans rather than the somewhat manic militant ramblings we are seeing so far.

You think a Supporters group will have any effect on speeding up his departure ?

The supporters group over the long term will be a very decent thing. I'm aghast people are judging something so much in its infancy.

I think it's job-done in terms of getting Ashley to sell up, it's now just a matter of proceedure before he's gone, I agree a supporters group is a decent thing too, however, in my humble opinion is thus far shooting itself in the foot and is fast losing crediblity.

I hope it is salvageable.

I think it's job-done in terms of getting Ashley to sell up, it's now just a matter of proceedure before he's gone, I agree a supporters group is a decent thing too, however, in my humble opinion is thus far shooting itself in the foot and is fast losing crediblity.

SO do I, I agree on all things you've said there apart from the job done bit, him sticking a ridiculous price tag on and whoring his way round the world in an attempt to piss off all possible buyers wasnt a valid attempt to sell imho.

My belief still stands he will sell to the highest bidder or the one most likely to fail.

SO do I, I agree on all things you've said there apart from the job done bit, him sticking a ridiculous price tag on and whoring his way round the world in an attempt to piss off all possible buyers wasnt a valid attempt to sell imho.

My belief still stands he will sell to the highest bidder or the one most likely to fail.

The ridiculous price tag is a clue.

Did anyone actually find out what you get for your £10 then?

Is it a scam or not?

Yep, you get a Keano wanks his dog t-shirt and 28 years worth of SAFC "we're gonna beat the mags this time" commemorative programmes.

Did anyone actually find out what you get for your £10 then?

Is it a scam or not?

Yep, you get a Keano wanks his dog t-shirt and 28 years worth of SAFC "we're gonna beat the mags this time" commemorative programmes.

2 for 1 deals even.

Update from the meeting last night.

It was, an interesting one to say the least :)

We had representatives from the Football Supporters Federation discuss the merits of being a member and as a result the NUSC will be represented at the next meeting. We are also looking with them at things such as using their legal people for certain things etc).

Then we had Peter Lee join us, yes him of the the 300,000 fans each paying a grand. Originally we had dismissed his plan as not being workable but in this new "review what we do" and the like we agreed to have him along. Im sorry like (and this is just my personal view but what a loon <_< "We have enough money from backers now to buy the club and invest in players......but we dont want to as that wouldnt be the right time" or such wonderous statements as "you wouldnt believe the people backing this, theres a top thingy and an owner of a major newspaper but I cant tell you who they are". "I have 3, no 4 actually make it 5 different ways we can do this, some of which havent even been thought of yet". He then guaranteed, yes guaranteed to buy a seat on the board even if a rich arab came along and bought the place, when asked on how he could make that guarantee he literally did one of those comedy touch your nose and wink (a la Kenny Snr Phoenix Nights :nufc:) before saying "we have ways".

One thing he did say though that was backed up by the club in a seperate meeting with the fans forum earlier last night was that there were no bids currently on the table so if the statement about how the sale is progressing well is correct then be afraid. In the words of another Phoenix Nights creation.... "Im getting the word......charlatan". Oh and theres a 95% chance that the major thing will come off this week and astound the country nay world...oh fuck Ive said too much (comedy wink, tippetytoe).

And finally onto us, the NUSC, representation was made as to what the hell we're doing, discussions around the fact of the statements and about getting this back on track and listening to the fans. As a result we're working our arses off on getting all the stuff in place for membership, full rules organised and publicised and I am pleased to announce our first members meeting will be held on Wednesday the 29th October at the Irish Club again. If you arent a member then you will be able to join up on the night. This will be the 1st chance everyone has to put their points forward, let us know what direction we should be taking and tell us where we've gone wrong so far.

And that was it, 3 and a half hours long and a ton of work to do afterwards :)

But you're worth it :D

*laughs tippetytoe

'No bids on the table'. I'm not surprised by that, as the process will be on-going with potential buyers (due dillegence and all that shite which seems to be the trendy saying these days) and no actual bids will have been made yet. imo.

Trust you lot (NUSC) to have the next meeting when I'm away!!!! :D I'll get to one one day :)

The ridiculous price tag is a clue.

Still some confusion over this.

He spent 130m and then internalised the debt into the valuation of the club.

If he left the debt outside the club and with the banks, he could sell it for 130m + profit margin, say 150m.

However, that would leave the new owner with the debt which he would lead to a number of scenarios. First of all as the debt was transferred the bank would charge a fee of up to 5% for the change in contract. Having paid the debt off and transferred it into equity, that charge wont exist to a new buyer.

Then there is the cost of capital, r, which is a multiplier on the value of the debt. If the debt remained outside of the equity value, the real cost of the club would be higher to the new buyer than the asking price + present debt value.

In short, the selling price reflects exactly how much money has been spent and the current 'proposition' is more attractive to a prosective buyer than selling the club with its debt.

You also need to remember that the share price, which dictated the 130m buying price, was pretty low when you looked at the P/E ratio at the time of the sale.

The price seems about right to me.

BTW, i'm utterly intrigued about this Peter Lee character. I've got a few grand spare at the minute...

From Skunkers:

Right, I was at the NUSC committee meeting tonight.

First things first.

There will be a full meeting for ALL NUSC members at the Irish Club on Wednesday 29, October (that's the day after the West Brom game).

If you aren't a member of NUSC yet, you will be able to join up on the night.

The meeting will be an opportunity for the committee to let everyone know what's been going on, and basically see what the general concensus is about the direction in which NUSC should take.

NUSC bank account is set up, and you will eventually be able to pay via paypal on the internet, although it still needs to be set up as paypal need proof of bank details etc.

We're looking at getting membership cards sorted, and should have other little bits and bobs (pin badges/keyrings/car stickers) getting done for members soon-ish as well. It also looks like T-shirts, Polo Shirts and Hoodies will be getting done. But they're very much secondary issues.

Leaflets. Some of you maybe aware that there were problems with NUFC/the Council & Police over the NUSC leaflets handed out at the Blackburn game. The council/police/local MPs and city councillors will be asked how we can do this legally/why are their problems for NUSC but not with all the leaflets for clubs/bars etc around town.

There were 3 guest speakers.

Tom Bradley and Michael Brunskill came along from the North East branch of the Football Supporters Federation to give us info about the FSF and being an FSF affiliated supporters' club and what they can do for us (legal advice, represenation via FSF to FA, Premier League, Football League and Government officials.) They mentioned that that the FSF had planned to host their next annual national meeting next summer at SJP, but have pulled out in support of the boycott on the club (they will still hold their meeting in Newcastle but at an alternative venue unless the situation at NUFC changes and we're happy with it).

Their national chairman is also keen to come up and speak at an NUSC meeting at some point.

The other speaker was Peter Lee - he of the 'fans bid'. Basically, there was a lot he said he couldn't say due to disclosures etc. He says that the 300,000 NUFC fans sticking in a grand each isn't neccesarily the case. According to him, there are 'substantial funds' already in place to buy the club and for transfers. Some of those involved are NUFC fans, but some aren't. The group includes business people, football fans, football/sports experts and celebrities, all of whom want to be a part of making NUFC a club for the fans and the wider community with strong fan representation. According to him, they would hope to fully take over the club by the end of the season, with a partial takeover taking place sooner. He also says that something major is going to happen this week that will make 'world headlines' and be 'bigger than Keegan'. (we've heard stuff like this before haven't we?)

I think the general feeling amongst the committee was sceptical/cynical about it. But in fairness to him I think that would be the case about anyone at the minute.

And from another poster:

Right

NUSC – you all know I am involved and for a number of reasons I have kept my peace until now, until such time I felt I could actually do what I want to do. i.e. listen and attempt to give answers. Following last night’s meeting of the interim committee I feel I can at last start to do that.

This ramble is a mix of NUSC and personal opinion and I suspect you’ll be able to tell what is what. One of the biggest problems faced in the aftermath of the demos etc is that the club has been left with 2 initial lines of action. Firstly, and most importantly imho, to establish a proper supporters club to give the support a collective voice that promotes excellence in everything that NUFC does and to be something that is an open forum where there is room for everyone and everyone can express themselves through and with NUSC even when differences of opinion exist.

Secondly though we were left with a vacuum following the initial protests with regard to what action should or should not be taken to keep pressure on Ashley to sell promptly as he has stated he would. I believe this is important too, as we are getting very little from the club and the messages as ever are mixed, bordering on deliberately clouded. I think this is even more important personally as we now hear Kinnear being talked up as a permanent manager, talks of the January transfer window and what he will/ won’t do, talks of a possible non sale one day then talks of positive bids the next. We know from the club official attending last night’s supporters panel (of which one of our members is also a member) there are as of last night NO FORMAL BIDS IN PLACE. This is one of the few direct lines of contact with the club that exist and frankly they are not, as far as initial indications are concerned, interested in dialogue with anyone. In fact the people I know on the supporters panel were convinced after the September meeting that that would be the last one and were surprised when last night’s was called.

However it has become apparent that as a club NUSC was being perceived as purely an anti Ashley campaign group at the exclusion of all else. Whilst my personal feeling us that NUSC should be there to organize and advise with regards such action and action is still important to maintain pressure, that cannot be at the expense of building a successful and credible supporters group. I was never the intention to create a purely militant action group but it has dominated the agenda and I hope people can understand and appreciate why.

Steps are now being taken to listen to members and build on the foundations now laid. And listen is something we must do, because how can any club say it speaks for anyone if it is not listening. I’d like to thank those who have replied to messages asking for input; those honest and fair responses have helped a lot.

The following statement will hopefully be going onto the website soon and I have added some comments of my own

Newcastle United Supporters Club is a not for profit organisation which arose from a public meeting held in the Tyneside Irish Centre on 16th September 2008. The concern felt by those in attendance at the current plight of Newcastle United coupled with the desire to form a Supporters organisation to give a voice to Newcastle fans.

The Club quickly swung into action by forming an interim committee with a view to putting in place a structure which would form the base of such a Supporters club. Despite its early days a constitution has been put in place, a website set up, officials appointed on an interim basis, bank account and PO Box applied for and 20,000 leaflets distributed at the home game v Blackburn. (The bank account and PO Box should be confirmed as of this week and a pay pal link for the website established once pay pal pull their fingers out of their arses)

Everyone involved has given their time and resources for free and indeed put their hands in their own pockets to finance the above. There is no intention for any committee member to be paid for their services. (accounts are prepared by a qualified accountant who is giving his time free of charge, will be independently audited and available for inspection – I personally resent any insinuation that anyone is “skimming off the top” – skunkers house rules or not this is simply not happening!)

However, paying for the design and printing of 20,000 leaflets does not come cheap!

In an ideal world NUSC would love to provide free membership (we investigated a 1st year free option ) but if NUSC is to sustain itself as a credible organisation it requires funding for the following:

to set up elections providing members with a right to vote and shape the future policy of the organisation through election of officials on an annual basis;

to pay for the printing and distribution of leaflets and other promotional material when required;

to organise functions;

general administration such as stamps, envelopes and other stationery.

(There are a number of other things the NUSC can and hopefully will do and provide for fans – but I feel it is important that those things are put into place under members direction)

Ultimately money is required to build up funds in order to enable NUSC to purchase a shareholding in the club to ensure a voice for the fans. (Should such shares become available again – we are awaiting guidance from the supporters trust on managing and approaching this)

Without funding from its members any organisation relies on the generous contributions of a few and realistically it is impossible to sustain such funding indefinitely.

In the short term it is proposed that NUSC issue each member with a membership card, which will ensure a voting right. (other bits and bobs are being costed to add to a membership pack)

I would also personally add that if this builds to the levels it could – e.g 50000+ members – there will be a need for an office and staff along the lines of the FSF example – sentimentally a hut somewhere near the bus station would be great and in all seriousness a fixed point of contact would be utterly necessary for a large membership club and someone there at least on a part time basis and I don’t think that anyone would expect that to be done always by volunteers.

With regard to just who the interim committee members are, pen pics should be going onto the website this week. Some names you will know, others you will likely not and I think it will surprise some just who and who is not involved.

Lines of communication need to be formed to members as well so its not just down to gobshites like me to post this stuff on places like skunkers. Systems like web polls, direct polls (more reliable) and we need formal meetings (centrally and locally). There is a meeting to be called on Wed 29th Oct at the Irish Centre which is for members and anyone is welcome to come along and join on the night. I think this is important in forming and shaping the direction we take from here and if you attend you can have your say and tell us where YOU want to go from here. That for me is the whole point of membership – have your say and claim a voting right on what you want NUSC to be for you.

I personally want this to work for all and I think NUSC has room for all points of view. We all want the same thing – to support NUFC and for the fans to be supported and have a voice. We have made mistakes, we haven’t got everything right and certainly I think a lot of the criticism is valid. It has been frustrating for us all. Everything that has been done I can guarantee has been with the right intent and honestly. I want to see this work and build to something we are all proud of and all want to be part of as Newcastle United supporters.

Last night we made positive contact with the FSF and we also met with Peter Lee who is fronting the savenewcastle bid. In my personal opinion he’s either nuts or is the real deal – either way he is passionate, does have genuine feelings fro NUFC and if it was to work then fuck me good on him. He told us lots and nothing all at the same time but we were told to “watch the news this week” – so we will see and remain open minded!

I want to listen and carry this forward and take all comments on board – even “fuck off” if you like – but I won’t just stand by and let things pass me by. No doubt there’ll be plenty more questions from all sides and you’ll likely find holes in this and when you do I’ll try and fill them. Excuse the dental pun.

Cheers you twats

From Skunkers:

Right, I was at the NUSC committee meeting tonight.

First things first.

There will be a full meeting for ALL NUSC members at the Irish Club on Wednesday 29, October (that's the day after the West Brom game).

If you aren't a member of NUSC yet, you will be able to join up on the night.

The meeting will be an opportunity for the committee to let everyone know what's been going on, and basically see what the general concensus is about the direction in which NUSC should take.

NUSC bank account is set up, and you will eventually be able to pay via paypal on the internet, although it still needs to be set up as paypal need proof of bank details etc.

We're looking at getting membership cards sorted, and should have other little bits and bobs (pin badges/keyrings/car stickers) getting done for members soon-ish as well. It also looks like T-shirts, Polo Shirts and Hoodies will be getting done. But they're very much secondary issues.

Leaflets. Some of you maybe aware that there were problems with NUFC/the Council & Police over the NUSC leaflets handed out at the Blackburn game. The council/police/local MPs and city councillors will be asked how we can do this legally/why are their problems for NUSC but not with all the leaflets for clubs/bars etc around town.

There were 3 guest speakers.

Tom Bradley and Michael Brunskill came along from the North East branch of the Football Supporters Federation to give us info about the FSF and being an FSF affiliated supporters' club and what they can do for us (legal advice, represenation via FSF to FA, Premier League, Football League and Government officials.) They mentioned that that the FSF had planned to host their next annual national meeting next summer at SJP, but have pulled out in support of the boycott on the club (they will still hold their meeting in Newcastle but at an alternative venue unless the situation at NUFC changes and we're happy with it).

Their national chairman is also keen to come up and speak at an NUSC meeting at some point.

The other speaker was Peter Lee - he of the 'fans bid'. Basically, there was a lot he said he couldn't say due to disclosures etc. He says that the 300,000 NUFC fans sticking in a grand each isn't neccesarily the case. According to him, there are 'substantial funds' already in place to buy the club and for transfers. Some of those involved are NUFC fans, but some aren't. The group includes business people, football fans, football/sports experts and celebrities, all of whom want to be a part of making NUFC a club for the fans and the wider community with strong fan representation. According to him, they would hope to fully take over the club by the end of the season, with a partial takeover taking place sooner. He also says that something major is going to happen this week that will make 'world headlines' and be 'bigger than Keegan'. (we've heard stuff like this before haven't we?)

I think the general feeling amongst the committee was sceptical/cynical about it. But in fairness to him I think that would be the case about anyone at the minute.

From Skunkers you say?

I wrote that very update out when I got back from the meeting and posted it on N-O.

From Skunkers you say?

I wrote that very update out when I got back from the meeting and posted it on N-O.

To be fair, it is said over there that it is copied from you post on W-O.

Aye, thats right, didn't realise you had wrote it Tom, why don't you sue for copyright? :D

Who's this Peter Lee fella? If his prediction doesn't come good this week he wants told to fuck off as far as invites to future meetings are concerned, the last thing the club and NUSC need is bullshitters.

From Skunkers you say?

Aye, thats right, didn't realise you had wrote it Tom, why don't you sue for copyright? :D

Who's this Peter Lee fella? If his prediction doesn't come good this week he wants told to fuck off as far as invites to future meetings are concerned, the last thing the club and NUSC need is bullshitters.

to be fair, I don't think he will be back but we felt that dismissing him out of hand was wrong especially as we're learning from our mistakes at the mo!

But if Chez is looking to invest a couple of grand then you're a braver person than me! Plus he looks like David Dickinson but with a better tan! :)

From Skunkers you say?

to be fair, I don't think he will be back but we felt that dismissing him out of hand was wrong especially as we're learning from our mistakes at the mo!

But if Chez is looking to invest a couple of grand then you're a braver person than me! Plus he looks like David Dickinson but with a better tan! :)

I think basically,he got in contact with one or two people and the opportunity came about for him to come and say his bit.

Whatever we think of him/his bid, he's thrown his hat in the ring and his group are therefore potential owners of NUFC, and I think it was fair enough to hear what he had to say. From what he's said on TV in the papers etc we were hugely sceptical, and he didn't say anything to change that, judging from what people were saying last night. Personally speaking, I found some of what he was saying pretty confusing and some of what he was saying seemed to contradict other things, to the extent where I honestly can't work out where he's coming from, how its going to work and where any fans chucking in a grand fit into the 'substantial funds' he already has from his businessmen experts and celebrities.

I'm not saying I'm against him or his bid, just that I think he left us even more in the dark about how it would all work when we were hoping he would clarify and explain things. Perhaps his plans are sound and if they are, good luck to him, but it's not the impression he left us with last night.