Kinnear confronts his critics head on

Jimbo

Fair enough, at least the guy is prepared to roll up his sleeves and prove a point to these fuckers. I hope he does, I woudlnt want us ever to do badly and if he picks up points then it can only do us good both on and off the pitch. If Kinnear has a 100% win record at the end of October, then he can stay.

IMO he should just be focussing on what happens on the pitch. He is clearly media illiterate.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, at least the guy is prepared to roll up his sleeves and prove a point to these fuckers. I hope he does, I woudlnt want us ever to do badly and if he picks up points then it can only do us good both on and off the pitch. If Kinnear has a 100% win record at the end of October, then he can stay.

IMO he should just be focussing on what happens on the pitch. He is clearly media illiterate.

I guess times have changed a bit, but also he's never been in charge of NUFC. You hit the ground running with spears already launched into the air at you.

It seems his first mistake was to try and be a bit methodical about things, without realising that whatever he did here he'd be slated for it in the press.

I guess times have changed a bit, but also he's never been in charge of NUFC. You hit the ground running with spears already launched into the air at you.

It seems his first mistake was to try and be a bit methodical about things, without realising that whatever he did here he'd be slated for it in the press.

Agreed. All this stuff is a distraction. He should follow the 3 points next game mantra.

Yeah but the situation is already way beyond that, the press officer obviously tried to say that the whole thing was off the record but then the Mirror just goes and puts it out anyway (as they would - story and all that). If I had been one of the players sat in the dressing room when Kinnear was announced, id be as disappointed as anybody as he belongs in the Ron Atkinson era. After all the shit thats been spouted these last few weeks, when the manager stands up to the press and starts telling it straight, giving us an insight into whats gone on then I'd sit up and start listening. He wants to get his teeth into the job, knows that he's in it temporary so if he makes an impression there could be other options for him. Too much media training these days turns every player post match interview into the same old Cliched drivel. There needs to be more characters in the game, not more media trained monkeys.

Yeah but the situation is already way beyond that, the press officer obviously tried to say that the whole thing was off the record but then the Mirror just goes and puts it out anyway (as they would - story and all that). If I had been one of the players sat in the dressing room when Kinnear was announced, id be as disappointed as anybody as he belongs in the Ron Atkinson era. After all the shit thats been spouted these last few weeks, when the manager stands up to the press and starts telling it straight, giving us an insight into whats gone on then I'd sit up and start listening. He wants to get his teeth into the job, knows that he's in it temporary so if he makes an impression there could be other options for him. Too much media training these days turns every player post match interview into the same old Cliched drivel. There needs to be more characters in the game, not more media trained monkeys.

Success is about managing your energy.

Part of creating the siege mentality perhaps?

:lol:

And although Joe Kinnear's press conference is canny funny he just comes across as an idiot, especially seeing as it's obvious he didn't even read the article he starts having a go at the journalist about at the start. Couldn't give a shit in the unlikely event we start winning though. However, it's absolutely nailed on Everton will win their first home league game of the season imo.

Part of creating the siege mentality perhaps?

Perhaps. But he needs to disengage from the media, he doesn't have the tools or the savvy to turn them over. He should just say he is focussed on winning games and get out on the training pitch. As much as I know about him he has the ability to motivate and he should stick to his strengths.

And although Joe Kinnear's press conference is canny funny he just comes across as an idiot, especially seeing as it's obvious he didn't even read the article he starts having a go at the journalist about at the start. Couldn't give a shit in the unlikely event we start winning though. However, it's absolutely nailed on Everton will win their first home league game of the season imo.

Just a guess, but I think he is also trying rather naively to build a profile for himself.

Just a guess, but I think he is also trying rather naively to build a profile for himself.

I don't think so tbh. I mean mad sweary bloke isn't a profile anyone wants is it. I think he's just had enough of having the piss taken out of him.

I don't think so tbh. I mean mad sweary bloke isn't a profile anyone wants is it. I think he's just had enough of having the piss taken out of him.

Comes with the kind of high profile job he's accepted. He might be tired of having the piss taken out of him, but this isn't the time to take all that shit onboard and get sucked into meetings with journalists. What is he doing in a room letting himself be taped talking like a buffoon?

Comes with the kind of high profile job he's accepted. He might be tired of having the piss taken out of him, but this isn't the time to take all that shit onboard and get sucked into meetings with journalists. What is he doing in a room letting himself be taped talking like a buffoon?

reminds me of this fella - legend :)

We all know the media have in it for us, but really, Kinnear comes across as a total idiot in that press conference. Completely out of his depth.

How?

He didn't hit anyone, speak about himself in the 3rd person, wear huge headphones or start frothing at the mouth. Clearly an amateur. :lol:

He's growin on me!!!..this shows a different side to him that's for sure....he's right too the press are fuckin lovin it. I think he can galvanise the players with an attitude like that...get them coming out fighting for the cause. Straight talkin bloke and has proved he has can do a job before so lets get behind him.

He's growin on me!!!..this shows a different side to him that's for sure....he's right too the press are fuckin lovin it. I think he can galvanise the players with an attitude like that...get them coming out fighting for the cause. Straight talkin bloke and has proved he has can do a job before so lets get behind him.

agreed - i have a heap more respect for him now - the press are allowed to get away with all sort of shite, and they `seem` to enjoy kicking us when we are down (granted we put ourselves there mostly !)

anyone know if there is a version without the bleeps in it ???

Man SOME OF you ppl are hilarious. Only some Newcastle fans would be proud of a manager that behaved this way, that too before he's even been in charge 1 game. Shows what kind of people you are, what kind of standards you hold yourselves and your team too. Where other teams want an owner in a suit who is smart and loyal, you want an owner who will sit in the stands and drink beer with the fans. Whereas other teams want a dignified manager that makes the team look good, you are proud of a manager who says f**k 70 times in one of his first interviews to the press. Can't believe it really. I would have thought that the way he could endear himself to you would be to win a few games, but clearly, all it took was saying f**k a few times and he's the new hero. Brilliant. You lot are going places...

Edited by blaugrana909

agreed - i have a heap more respect for him now - the press are allowed to get away with all sort of shite, and they `seem` to enjoy kicking us when we are down (granted we put ourselves there mostly !)

anyone know if there is a version without the bleeps in it ???

Is he here to sort the press out or the team?

Man you ppl are hilarious. Only Newcastle fans would be proud of a manager that behaved this way, that too before he's even been in charge 1 game. Shows what kind of people you are, what kind of standards you hold yourselves and your team too. Where other teams want an owner in a suit who is smart and loyal, you want an owner who will sit in the stands and drink beer with the fans. Whereas other teams want a dignified manager that makes the team look good, you are proud of a manager who says f**k 70 times in one of his first interviews to the press. Can't believe it really. I would have thought that the way he could endear himself to you would be to win a few games, but clearly, all it took was saying f**k a few times and he's the new hero. Brilliant. You lot are going places...

Not all of us. :lol: