Kinnear confronts his critics head on

Jimbo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this man. F*****g get in!!!

Why? Cause he lost it with some 3rd rate journos, while getting taped and the whole thing being laughed at by all and sundry on the internet?

:lol:

So far:

He's told everyone/anyone who'll listen (which means almost anyone) that the squad speaks too many languages.

Gone on about injuries.

Also that the squad lack confidence.

IMO it would be better he keeps all this to himself and gets on with it in a professional manner.

If you listen to that audio it is clear he has a historical chip on his shoulder about the press, we're not paying him to grind that particular axe. He is being paid to put points on the board. That's it.

Edited by Park Life

Why? Cause he lost it with some 3rd rate journos, while getting taped and the whole thing being laughed at by all and sundry on the internet?

seems we dont need to do anything to be laughed at here like, but at least the man has shown some passion and said it like he sees it.

since when do we care what other people think ?? especially on the internet :lol:

seems we dont need to do anything to be laughed at here like, but at least the man has shown some passion and said it like he sees it.

since when do we care what other people think ?? especially on the internet :lol:

Mirror is read by at least a million people. It's only my opinion, but it would be better if he saved his energy for the training ground.

Mirror is read by at least a million people. It's only my opinion, but it would be better if he saved his energy for the training ground.

im glad he got it off his chest, and maybe that will free him up and prevent such outbursts on the training ground, given his medical history :)

First of all I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. Finally it is great to see some fighting spirit at the club, and hopefully he can rub some of it onto the players as well. Regarding the newspaper, after all those stories they have made up about us, it was very pleasing to see someone tell the press what we actually think of them.

When Mourinho said ridiculous things to the press it was called taking the pressure/focus away from the team and on to him. Kinnear is saying even more ridiculous things so I reckon we've got 3 points in the bag on sun =/

Mourinho was a world class manager with a world class backroom, I suspect he had time to dabble in mind games. I never heard him swear and ramble mind.

First of all I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. Finally it is great to see some fighting spirit at the club, and hopefully he can rub some of it onto the players as well. Regarding the newspaper, after all those stories they have made up about us, it was very pleasing to see someone tell the press what we actually think of them.

It didn't sound like fighting spirit to me, it sounded like a man confused, scared and out of his depth. Quicker he is replaced the better.

Man SOME OF you ppl are hilarious. Only some Newcastle fans would be proud of a manager that behaved this way, that too before he's even been in charge 1 game. Shows what kind of people you are, what kind of standards you hold yourselves and your team too. Where other teams want an owner in a suit who is smart and loyal, you want an owner who will sit in the stands and drink beer with the fans. Whereas other teams want a dignified manager that makes the team look good, you are proud of a manager who says f**k 70 times in one of his first interviews to the press. Can't believe it really. I would have thought that the way he could endear himself to you would be to win a few games, but clearly, all it took was saying f**k a few times and he's the new hero. Brilliant. You lot are going places...

The press and the media really have it in for us and they have for years and to be quite frank we are sick to death of hearing fabricated stories that are only conceived to damage the club - so in this instance I am quite happy for Kinnear to have a go at them and the rest of the league seem to agree.

Where did we say we wanted Mike Ashley to come and drink in the stands? If he does we aren't going to tell him to get shot are we?

Can you tell us where we asked for Joe Kinnear? He is an interim manager and not permanent therefore he is of no great consequence to club history. A lot of people had forgotten about him and it was a shock when he got the job.

Who says Joe is a hero? He has just won some respect by wanting to get on with the job and get the media crap out of the way - that's his last pre match interview.

You know fuck all about this football club so take it elsewhere - we can read the papers too and we don't believe them.

Also don't come here and tell us ''what we want'' when you have no clue.

Man SOME OF you ppl are hilarious. Only some Newcastle fans would be proud of a manager that behaved this way, that too before he's even been in charge 1 game. Shows what kind of people you are, what kind of standards you hold yourselves and your team too. Where other teams want an owner in a suit who is smart and loyal, you want an owner who will sit in the stands and drink beer with the fans. Whereas other teams want a dignified manager that makes the team look good, you are proud of a manager who says f**k 70 times in one of his first interviews to the press. Can't believe it really. I would have thought that the way he could endear himself to you would be to win a few games, but clearly, all it took was saying f**k a few times and he's the new hero. Brilliant. You lot are going places...

The press and the media really have it in for us and they have for years and to be quite frank we are sick to death of hearing fabricated stories that are only conceived to damage the club - so in this instance I am quite happy for Kinnear to have a go at them and the rest of the league seem to agree.

Where did we say we wanted Mike Ashley to come and drink in the stands? If he does we aren't going to tell him to get shot are we?

Can you tell us where we asked for Joe Kinnear? He is an interim manager and not permanent therefore he is of no great consequence to club history. A lot of people had forgotten about him and it was a shock when he got the job.

Who says Joe is a hero? He has just won some respect by wanting to get on with the job and get the media crap out of the way - that's his last pre match interview.

You know fuck all about this football club so take it elsewhere - we can read the papers too and we don't believe them.

QFT

It didn't sound like fighting spirit to me, it sounded like a man confused, scared and out of his depth. Quicker he is replaced the better.

Yes...bring Chris Hughton back for the next 6 matches. His approach was so much more successful :)

Part of me thinks he was right but I found it a bit too personal - as someone else said it was a chip on his shoulder from his previous life that he wanted to get out of the way.

If that's all it is and any future outbursts are in defence of the club then I have no problem with him arguing with the idiots and expressing passion for the job.

Ah yes, Newcastle United. The constant target of the media. Everyone's out to get you aren't they? Tell you what, is there a news source you guys do like? That you believe is fair and gives your side of the story. I'd like to be able to get my news on Newcastle from where you guys get it, so please let me know what is a good source.

Secondly, are you going to deny that Ashely was looked upon as a legend because he wore a toon top and sat in the stands? I'll pull up conversations from this very forum that prove it. Only in Newcastle.

You didn't ask for Kinnear, but you are delighted that he's conducted himself like an angry fool for all the world to see.

I know plenty about this club and the mentality of its supporters.

I know what you want, you want what any football club wants, success and stability. I just find the way you go about trying to get this is laughable and amusing, and apparently I'm not the only one.

Tom I'm waiting for you to let me know where I should go to get reliable news about NUFC...thanks.

Ah yes, Newcastle United. The constant target of the media. Everyone's out to get you aren't they? Tell you what, is there a news source you guys do like? That you believe is fair and gives your side of the story. I'd like to be able to get my news on Newcastle from where you guys get it, so please let me know what is a good source.

Secondly, are you going to deny that Ashely was looked upon as a legend because he wore a toon top and sat in the stands? I'll pull up conversations from this very forum that prove it. Only in Newcastle.

You didn't ask for Kinnear, but you are delighted that he's conducted himself like an angry fool for all the world to see.

I know what you want, you want what any football club wants, success and stability. I just find the way you go about trying to get this is laughable and amusing, and apparently I'm not the only one.

Tom I'm waiting for you to let me know where I should go to get reliable news about NUFC...thanks.

I could go through all of the ridiculous stories quoting incorrect fabricated hysteria,born out of no source whatsoever to harm the club, however there are far too many and I really don't think you are worth too much of my time.

Our side of the story rarely gets a look in because people simply don't want to hear it. They don't want to hear about us wanting to watch decent football and finish mid table. They don't want to hear about wanting a respectable owner and some stability.

They want to hear about fans fury, they want to hear about fans who think Newcastle have a divine right to success, how Keegan is the ''messiah'' and how only a geordie will do.

It's all born out of finding a story - if you want to believe all that fantasy then do - I couldn't care less.

NUFC.COM or the NUSC will be a reliable source for our side of the story - not that you want to hear it.

What do you mean the way ''we'' go about it? It's not the fans fault, without the fans this club would be nothing.

They don't write news - they write bullshit based "blogs" full of lies where they denigrate people from the NE and wish the worst on our club - the only "news" that appears in the media is the score.

I could go through all of the ridiculous stories quoting incorrect fabricated hysteria,born out of no source whatsoever to harm the club, however there are far too many and I really don't think you are worth too much of my time.

Our side of the story rarely gets a look in because people simply don't want to hear it. They don't want to hear about us wanting to watch decent football and finish mid table. They don't want to hear about wanting a respectable owner and some stability.

They want to hear about fans fury, they want to hear about fans who think Newcastle have a divine right to success, how Keegan is the ''messiah'' and how only a geordie will do.

It's all born out of finding a story - if you want to believe all that fantasy then do - I couldn't care less.

NUFC.COM or the NUSC will be a reliable source for our side of the story - not that you want to hear it.

What do you mean the way ''we'' go about it? It's not the fans fault, without the fans this club would be nothing.

I was asking if there was a local newspaper that you believed told it like it is. Supporters forums are supporters forums, and I read this one from time to time, but I'm asking is there any media that you trust? I find it hard to believe that there is not one single newspaper, news station, or any other media outlet that you believe tells it like it is.

When I first heard it I thought 'cool standing up for himself against the crap published'

But after listening to and reading what he said, he comes across as a right immature cunt.

Sounds like a 12 year old arguing a point he really doesnt know anything about and makes up balls without thinking about it.

Lets hope he can follow up all his shit talking with a win or 6

Edited by JonGoodwyn

I was asking if there was a local newspaper that you believed told it like it is. Supporters forums are supporters forums, and I read this one from time to time, but I'm asking is there any media that you trust? I find it hard to believe that there is not one single newspaper, news station, or any other media outlet that you believe tells it like it is.

Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper - George Orwell.

Newspapers are business's these days and they thrive on sensationalism and white van man hysteria.

I don't trust and more often than not I know a fabrication when I see one.

I have a slight trust for the evening chronicle but you can often spot when they make things up and that gets criticism as it is obvious at the time.

Sky Sports news are full of shit and these days even the BBC aren't really impartial.

They try their best to make things look as bad as possible and people lap it up.

They can all rot in hell for all I care, I won't entertain them.

See :-

www.skysports.com

Martin Samuel

Louise Taylor

The Sun

The Mirror

The Daily Mail

The Times

The Guardian

for a constant flow of antagonistic bullshit directed at the club.

The problem with taking on the press these days is that they'll come back at you with interest.

They'll be raking up any shit they can on him and the knives will be out now.

Isn't there a saying about only a fool or a millionaire takes on a newspaper?