If Thaksin is a hero why isnt Ashley?

Douggy B

If your pusuit of knowledge consists of looking into the accounts of teams that you don't support... then yes, I would say that is sad.

I found it amazing how we kept on losing out on players like Parker and Duff to you lot due to the massive wages you offered. That prompted my interest.

Perfectly valid imo.

Nah it isn't it's extremely sad it's bad enough you spending so much time on our message board never mind looking through our accounts :lol: , you notice how nobody here does this on Tottenham boards.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The south africans already have a bid on the table.

How much is it for? There was supposedly £350m from Nigeria, not surprisingly it seems to have been monopoly money.

Maybe it's because i'm living abroad that i've missed a lot of the the local feeling,but I must say that I haven't that that much of a problem with Ashley.He came in ,got rid of Shepherd,balanced the books,took the great step of installing Chris Mort as chairman,got rid of Alladyce,re-installed Keegan and had the vision to concentrate on youth develpment instead of quick-fix trophy signings.Sure he made the mistake of getting Wise and his cronies in,but who doesn't get bad advice every now and again.I blame the press and Keegan (yes ) for pushing him into a corner that no businessman would ever accept,he's the owner for God's sake.I think if Mort had still been here then reason would have prevailed and Wise et al were long gone.Please don't blame him for mixing with the fans,because if I owned a football club I'm f***ing sure I'd do the same.Sorry for you if you're reading Mike,but you are a victim of crap advisors.

Maybe it's because i'm living abroad that i've missed a lot of the the local feeling,but I must say that I haven't that that much of a problem with Ashley.He came in ,got rid of Shepherd,balanced the books,took the great step of installing Chris Mort as chairman,got rid of Alladyce,re-installed Keegan and had the vision to concentrate on youth develpment instead of quick-fix trophy signings.Sure he made the mistake of getting Wise and his cronies in,but who doesn't get bad advice every now and again.I blame the press and Keegan (yes ) for pushing him into a corner that no businessman would ever accept,he's the owner for God's sake.I think if Mort had still been here then reason would have prevailed and Wise et al were long gone.Please don't blame him for mixing with the fans,because if I owned a football club I'm f***ing sure I'd do the same.Sorry for you if you're reading Mike,but you are a victim of crap advisors.

His problem was/is that when he went for the PR of being "of the people" he set himself up for the reaction of the fans. PR like that is a double edges sword.

Either way I suspect his agenda hasn't been what he's publicly claimed it to be since last Christmas (if indeed ever).

because I spend my time furthering my knowledge?

But you don't. You read and remember what suits you. You've been told numerous times, what is going on, but you won't take it in. You're still takin' the piss.

For the not so dense, it's pretty obvious why people is furious with Ashley. Because of the lies about tranfser money. The handling of Michael Owens contract. Creating a setup that sparks internal tensions, and undermining Kevin Keegan. Putting out a statement with lies in it. The lies about Keegans position within the club. Lies about Dennis Wise role in the tranfser dealings.

You come on here daily and you still don't get it. There are plenty of information on here, but still you just manage to take in what suits you, and then you post questions which only will wind people up.

The whole alleged Mike Ashely family threat is a good example. You claim his family have been threatend. It's been pointed out with valid sources that, that was not the case, but you still linger on the noition, that it is, and continue to debate from that point of view. That constitutes winding up.

If your pusuit of knowledge consists of looking into the accounts of teams that you don't support... then yes, I would say that is sad.

I found it amazing how we kept on losing out on players like Parker and Duff to you lot due to the massive wages you offered. That prompted my interest.

Perfectly valid imo.

How exactly do you know they chose us over Spurs purely down to money?

because I spend my time furthering my knowledge?

But you don't. You read and remember what suits you. You've been told numerous times, what is going on, but you won't take it in. You're still takin' the piss.

For the not so dense, it's pretty obvious why people is furious with Ashley. Because of the lies about tranfser money. The handling of Michael Owens contract. Creating a setup that sparks internal tensions, and undermining Kevin Keegan. Putting out a statement with lies in it. The lies about Keegans position within the club. Lies about Dennis Wise role in the tranfser dealings.

You come on here daily and you still don't get it. There are plenty of information on here, but still you just manage to take in what suits you, and then you post questions which only will wind people up.

The whole alleged Mike Ashely family threat is a good example. You claim his family have been threatend. It's been pointed out with valid sources that, that was not the case, but you still linger on the noition, that it is, and continue to debate from that point of view. That constitutes winding up.

An excellent post sir. :lol: