Gerry Francis offered coaching role at Newcastle

Jimbo

Please tell me this is a joke! Gerry 'Wolfman' Francis??? Is he bringing his pidgeons with him too? I'm solidly at the stage now of insane laughter...

So, who would you suggest, who's available and prepared to accept a very, very short-term contract?

If they feel that someone is needed to help out with the coaching until the club's sold, and recent performances and results would suggest that is so, then what are they supposed to do?

I get the impression that a lot of people are so bitter towards the club's current ownership that they'd prefer us to lose every game until they're gone, just so they get the opportunity to slag them off even more for the state the club's in.

They'd get slated if they didn't do anything to try and arrest our slide down the table and here they are getting slated for trying to do just that.

Yeah, Gerry Francis isn't the best coach in the world, but he's better than nothing and that was probably the choice available to us at the moment.

The majority of our fans seem to have totally lost all sense of reality, it's fucking madness, totally insane the way people are behaving now.

So, who would you suggest, who's available and prepared to accept a very, very short-term contract?

If they feel that someone is needed to help out with the coaching until the club's sold, and recent performances and results would suggest that is so, then what are they supposed to do?

I get the impression that a lot of people are so bitter towards the club's current ownership that they'd prefer us to lose every game until they're gone, just so they get the opportunity to slag them off even more for the state the club's in.

They'd get slated if they didn't do anything to try and arrest our slide down the table and here they are getting slated for trying to do just that.

Yeah, Gerry Francis isn't the best coach in the world, but he's better than nothing and that was probably the choice available to us at the moment.

The majority of our fans seem to have totally lost all sense of reality, it's fucking madness, totally insane the way people are behaving now.

If he has been appointed I genuinely wish him all the best, but it doesn't stop me in the privacy of this board to unleash an "OMFG" of disappointment.

If he has been appointed I genuinely wish him all the best, but it doesn't stop me in the privacy of this board to unleash an "OMFG" of disappointment.

Of course it doesn't, but that doesn't contradict anything I said either though, does it?

Of course it doesn't, but that doesn't contradict anything I said either though, does it?

When did I say that it did ?

So the point of you saying what you said was?

In fact don't bother answering, it's entirely irrelevant, this has already turned into a "you said..." - "I said..." thing, and I have neither the time or the inclination to get involved in one of those. I'm off out to the pub instead, that's fun, talking about NUFC isn't.

In fact forget I even posted, it's a pointless waste of time talking about this at the moment, see you later, maybe.

In fact don't bother answering, it's entirely irrelevant, this has already turned into a "you said..." - "I said..." thing, and I have neither the time or the inclination to get involved in one of those. I'm off out to the pub instead, that's fun, talking about NUFC isn't.

In fact forget I even posted, it's a pointless waste of time talking about this at the moment, see you later, maybe.

:lol:

:) haven't seen a showbiz strop in a while.

and honestly, indigo, I don't think the reactions on here are anything like what you describe.

We're all unimpressed by this latest stop-gap appointment and rightly so, You say he's better than nothing? I'm not entirely sure he is and we sure as shit wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for the established hierarchy. However none of us want Newcastle to lose a single game in the season.

they could have kept Sadler, they could have installed some young coach from elsewhere, they could have done a million and one things, but they've installed Gerry fucking Francis instead.

I'll see you later... maybe... ffs get a grip you juvenile plank.

:lol:

:nufc: haven't seen a showbiz strop in a while.

and honestly, indigo, I don't think the reactions on here are anything like what you describe.

We're all unimpressed by this latest stop-gap appointment and rightly so, You say he's better than nothing? I'm not entirely sure he is and we sure as shit wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for the established hierarchy. However none of us want Newcastle to lose a single game in the season.

they could have kept Sadler, they could have installed some young coach from elsewhere, they could have done a million and one things, but they've installed Gerry fucking Francis instead.

I'll see you later... maybe... ffs get a grip you juvenile plank.

Seemed like a bit of cockend to me anyways :)

why sign up to a NUFC forum then?

News of the World

FRANCIS SET TO SNUB TOON

And it's all or nothing if Keegan returns to United

By MARTIN HARDY, 04/10/2008

GERRY FRANCIS is poised to snub the chance to join the Tyneside turmoil.

The ex-Spurs manager has been offered a coaching role at Newcastle by interim Toon boss Joe Kinnear.

Foul-mouthed Kinnear, nicknamed JFK for his f-word rant at a Press conference, is looking for backroom staff after taking on the job offered by wantaway owner Mike Ashley.

But even though his tenure could be over at the end of this month, Kinnear is determined to get his own men in at St James Park in attempt to fight off the looming relegation clouds.

Francis has not managed since leaving Bristol Rovers in 2001 but has recently been involved with the England Under-21s.

However the 56-year-old has also been offered a coaching job at Stoke.

Spotlight

That move appeals more as it would be for the entire season and away from the spotlight at Newcastle.

Meanwhile, Kevin Keegan will return to Toon as manager only if he is guaranteed complete control of football matters. Keegan has so far met just one consortium interested in taking over at St James’ Park and was tentatively offered the director of football role.

But the former Toon boss revealed he would have no interest in assuming the kind of position Dennis Wise has held at the club with such controversial results.

Keegan wants assurances put in place for fear of a repeat of his time under Ashley’s regime. The Toon legend was hamstrung in terms of player recruitment and saw his power diluted throughout his turbulent eightmonth reign.

Keegan is still embroiled in a fight for compensation with owner Ashley over his exit last month.

And that legal fight with Ashley could hinder any comeback as Keegan, who believes he has unfinished business at the club, pursues the £2million he believes he is still owed.

If Ashley can sell the club, then Keegan’s compensation claim would be passed to whoever has assumed control.

Why did you feel it necessary to make this your first NUFC-related post in over a month? To be contrary?

Why did you feel it necessary to make this your first NUFC-related post in over a month? To be contrary?

Why not just address the issues he raises rather than speculate on his motives? Is the second option easier?