The Match-Everton vs Newcastle

Venom

Who will win and what will be the score?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got to be happy with a battling draw from 2-0 down but as people have said the win was there for the taking. If Ameobi was even a semblance of a proffesional footballer he could have snatched the win for us.

I can't believe yet again we gave the opposition such a soft goal, yet again Butt diving in like an idiot. As he gets older he's conceding more stupid pens and freekicks and we can't keep giving the opposition a 1-0 head start every match.

But if (big if) we can follow this battling effort up with a win we can start to drag ourselves up the table and get out of trouble.

Once again did pretty well when he came on and did very well when he set zog up

If he was gong to pass he had to do it earler as Zog was alongisde him and would have had a tap in, having gone past the defender he had to be looking to score himself, tho he did manage to get it to Zog but defenders were on the line by then. The chance he trundled well wide of the post later was an easy chance and he fucked it up. And he had one moment when they lost the ball it was played forward and he was clear, about a yard ahead of the defender and the guy just strolled past him and took the ball.

I used to be one of the few people who defended him but he's basically a waste of time, stick a kid on who'll run themsleves into the ground and fight for everything ahead of him, they also might be able to shoot, as he in all his time at NUFC has yet to hit a ball cleanely, he's scored the odd goal but he can't strike the ball.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be happy with a battling draw from 2-0 down but as people have said the win was there for the taking. If Ameobi was even a semblance of a proffesional footballer he could have snatched the win for us.

I can't believe yet again we gave the opposition such a soft goal, yet again Butt diving in like an idiot. As he gets older he's conceding more stupid pens and freekicks and we can't keep giving the opposition a 1-0 head start every match.

But if (big if) we can follow this battling effort up with a win we can start to drag ourselves up the table and get out of trouble.

Once again did pretty well when he came on and did very well when he set zog up

If he was gong to pass he had to do it earler as Zog was alongisde him and would have had a tap in, having gone past the defender he had to be looking to score himself, tho he did manage to get it to Zog but defenders were on the line by then. The chance he trundled well wide of the post later was an easy chance and he fucked it up. And he had one moment when they lost the ball it was played forward and he was clear, about a yard ahead of the defender and the guy just strolled past him and took the ball.

I used to be one of the few people who defended him but he's basically a waste of time, stick a kid on who'll run themsleves into the ground and fight for everything ahead of him, they also might be able to shoot, as he in all his time at NUFC has yet to hit a ball cleanely, he's scored the odd goal but he can't strike the ball.

i dont rate him but i think he did alot more today than what xisco would have done. no matter what you say about the zog chance he stil did very well and it was only a great block that stopped the goal. i know he didnt do very well when the defender caught up to him but the same would have happened for viduka or xisco and has noone mentioned his berbatov skill over on the right wing because that was amazing

Guest Stevie

I thought N'Zogbia was absolutely superb today. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if he had one year in Arsenal's team he would be considered as being world class.

Good display overall and we were certainly the better side. Everton are shit though, fuck knows how they got 5th last season, maybe they're missing Manuel Fernandes, just watching him here on SKY for Valencia, he's a tremendous talent. I think he'll be as good as Vieira in 5 years.

The reaction to Shola coming on with the close up on that kid with his head in his hands, fucking hilarious. :(

Just thought I'd say well done, at 2-0 down so far this season your team would have given up ( I was guessing another 2-1 Michael Owen tbh).

But they fought back, got a point and stopped the slide. A few more performances and your team will be firing again I'm sure.

After all, just one win and you're level on points with the team in 13th (and Sunderland :( ) It's still early days yet.

Be careful of the next team you play though, they can be...a bit of a tricky lot.

I thought N'Zogbia was absolutely superb today. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if he had one year in Arsenal's team he would be considered as being world class.

Good display overall and we were certainly the better side. Everton are shit though, fuck knows how they got 5th last season, maybe they're missing Manuel Fernandes, just watching him here on SKY for Valencia, he's a tremendous talent. I think he'll be as good as Vieira in 5 years.

The reaction to Shola coming on with the close up on that kid with his head in his hands, fucking hilarious. :(

And you question why people call you a numpty?

I think they're a decent team with Cahill - without him they are mid-table drudge.

The reaction to Shola coming on with the close up on that kid with his head in his hands, fucking hilarious. ;)

Oh fuck off, he played very well today. He made 3-4 mistakes in the whole of the game, which is a lot less than anyone else.

Good runs, good pace, no idea what he was doing when he took it past 3-4 people then hoofed it back up the pitch when it was 2v2 though :(

I thought he had a decent game too.

He'd get nowhere near Arsenal's team. I hear Wenger doesn't really like players who run into blind alleys for the majority of the time.

Guest Stevie

He'd get nowhere near Arsenal's team. I hear Wenger doesn't really like players who run into blind alleys for the majority of the time.

He's only ever played in a shit team here and has often shone, he's still a kid really, a talented kid, I think he will play for Arsenal one day and be a regular. He's got all the basic attributes Wenger demands of a player.

He's only ever played in a shit team here and has often shone, he's still a kid really, a talented kid, I think he will play for Arsenal one day and be a regular. He's got all the basic attributes Wenger demands of a player.

He hasn't often shone for us though that's the problem. He did under that brief spell under Roeder, which was 2 and a half years ago now. He may have the pace that Wenger likes from his players, he certainly doesn't have the brain that Wenger likes from his players though.

come on stevie you must be kidding

Guest Stevie

He hasn't often shone for us though that's the problem. He did under that brief spell under Roeder, which was 2 and a half years ago now. He may have the pace that Wenger likes from his players, he certainly doesn't have the brain that Wenger likes from his players though.

When he's looked motivated, he has shone, the problem with him is purely motivation. I'm not sure he wants to be here and I don't blame him. It's often overlooked that he's not a left back, and he's been stuck there for 14 months, even France U21s abuse him by playing him there sometimes. I think with a top class club and manager where he is happy he'd fulfill his undoubted potential.

I like N'Zogbia but I not quite sure how good he is really. He's never had a consistent run of games for ages now. He needs to be playing left-wing on a consistent basis to see the best of him though. To see if he can ever make the transition from promising youngster.

I think N'Zogbia was our best player today, so I don't know why people are complaining. He showed glimpses of being a very good midfielder. In fact he impresses me very often when he plays left-wing. I can't understand why anyone would want him playing left-back as he cann;t play there, simply.

Guest Stevie
I think N'Zogbia was our best player today, so I don't know why people are complaining. He showed glimpses of being a very good midfielder. In fact he impresses me very often when he plays left-wing. I can't understand why anyone would want him playing left-back as he cann;t play there, simply.

Exactly, and people are clearly ignoring the fact he's been there 14 months, which will probably effect his development. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 30-40 France caps.

I only caught the second half.

Thought we looked decent enough. Still some woeful passing, but a canny bit of attacking verve.

You saw the best of it in my opinion.

Exactly, and people are clearly ignoring the fact he's been there 14 months, which will probably effect his development. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 30-40 France caps.

Actually just realised Guthrie and Duff had fine games also, but still N'Zogbia could be a fantastic player - fast, strong, reasonable crosser and excellent strike of the ball. Definitely better than Milner.

I think they're missing Carsley, he held them together in midfield.

Thought Colo and Guthrie were outstanding today, enjoyed it even though I was in the Everton end. I was sat in the Upper Gwladys, about as far away from the Toon fans as it is possible to get, but we easily out-sang them. It was deathly quiet from their lot until the last few minutes.

Guest Stevie

I think they're missing Carsley, he held them together in midfield.

Thought Colo and Guthrie were outstanding today, enjoyed it even though I was in the Everton end. I was sat in the Upper Gwladys, about as far away from the Toon fans as it is possible to get, but we easily out-sang them. It was deathly quiet from their lot until the last few minutes.

They're a wank club, wank support, wank ground, wank everything really no wonder no cunt wants to buy them.

Guest Stevie
I only caught the second half.

Thought we looked decent enough. Still some woeful passing, but a canny bit of attacking verve.

Bassong's passing was terrible.

Just finished watching, was on a delay here.

Heart in mouth stuff and that block from Baines on the line was fantastic. We deserved the win but I'm happy with the point.

Most important as has been said was that we didn't give up. Of course Taylor's late goal helped that cause along but I'm sure Kinnear will have had a few choice words at halftime.

:( at him popping up in the tunnel and getting ushered off by the police.

Kind of sad to see people turning on Coloccini in this thread. To say he's another Bramble/Boumsong is unwarranted. I think he's been dependable so far even if his aerial ability is a little lacking.