The Match-Everton vs Newcastle

Venom

Who will win and what will be the score?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought N'Zogbia was absolutely superb today. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if he had one year in Arsenal's team he would be considered as being world class.

Good display overall and we were certainly the better side. Everton are shit though, fuck knows how they got 5th last season, maybe they're missing Manuel Fernandes, just watching him here on SKY for Valencia, he's a tremendous talent. I think he'll be as good as Vieira in 5 years.

The reaction to Shola coming on with the close up on that kid with his head in his hands, fucking hilarious. :(

I think they're missing Carsley, he held them together in midfield.

Thought Colo and Guthrie were outstanding today, enjoyed it even though I was in the Everton end. I was sat in the Upper Gwladys, about as far away from the Toon fans as it is possible to get, but we easily out-sang them. It was deathly quiet from their lot until the last few minutes.

The mate of mine who is a toffees fan has been saying this since it was announced Carsley was being allowed to leave.

For me, the first half only Guthrie and Owen looked like they were working, the rest trudged about until that last couple of minutes when Taylor scored.

On Taylor, you can attribute both our goals to him but you can also aim blame at him for both their goals as they opened us up like a cheap hooker down the right. The way he leaves his man is shocking and there was a point in the second half where Colo has moved out to the RB position to cover and you can see Taylor standing in the centre not marking anyone as if he's a sweeper, not even a CB. But then when he gets a head of steam like that run down the right for the second goal he's an asset and you think hold on he could be a gem for us.

Personally I though Zog had a quiet first half but when he seemed to have more of a free role in the second stepped up a gear and looked like the player we all know he can be - I just wish he was a little smarter in his game.

Watching Guthrie it's obvious we've missed him the last couple of weeks and Butt needs to be replaced asap, he's just off the pace. I'd rather have Geremi on the pitch than Butt at the moment (tin hat on).

The change the jimbo called for at half time of Butt off, Xisco on, with N'Zogbia going into the centre and Duff out to the left would have been good to see.

I don't rate Xisco but we just can't keep persisting with Ameobi. I don't think fookin Kinnear rates any of our foreigners but that's no excuse to play donkey.

Oh and the Enrique substitution, wtf? Especially at that moment and we were being raped constantly down the right by Baines.

All in all a great result when you consider a week ago, two goals down would have spelt the end of the match for us.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem with N'Zogbia is he hasn't got a footballing brain, compare him to Dyer at his age and you've got 2 players with similar footballing attributes but Dyer was a far better prospect because he understood the game and when to make a run or not.

We played well the second half and deserved at least the point we picked up, Guthrie was excellent in the second half and showed more strength on the ball than we've seen from him so far, he'd stand out more IMO if we had better attacking fullbacks because he spreads play about really well but neither fullback looks to push forward that often, could be an interesting partnership with him and Barton.

Get Jonas and Beye back and we'll have a better balance to the team.