South African Deal

AgentFox

I thought you'd have the links in your favourites.

Not sure why I would, I haven't been on there before all of this blew up if that's what you're getting at, something to do with Leazes going into a massive rant (you know the sort) because I told Shearergol that he preferred Ricardo Fuller when he suggested that he liked Jason Roberts.

That and the fact that Ant and Wacky were hardly posting which left me with Leazes Mag, NE5 and Stone Cold Stevie which are all the same person, so whats the point in starting threads to try and keep the place busy? Let it die.

I was joking man. It's obvious because of the way you've gone on since Ashley fucked the club up.

That's because I genuinely don't think Ashley has done much wrong apart from employing Keegan in the first place.

apart from being in the biggest shit for about 20 years.

Whether you consider appointing Keegan a masterstroke, a complete error of judgement or just a cynical piece of marketing everything that Ahsley has done since with the set-up must be considered a mistake imo. In particular getting in people who couldn't work with Keegan, not consulting Keegan on the appointment of Wise and then letting those people , i.e. Llambias and Wise undermine Keegan.

Edited by alex

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, and most top managers who've commented said they wouldn't work under those circumstances. Still, Ashley's blueprint is flawless though.

I'm sure if Wenger or Ferguson didn't want to work in a job under those circumstances then they wouldn't have taken the job in the first place.

The club has contradicted what Wise's role is over the course of the last few months so it's not beyond the realms of possibility Keegan was misled in the same way the fans were.

Yet the press has known all along what Wise's role was and that Keegan wasn't that happy about the situation, even though he denied it at the time and then left because of it. Surely that wasn't a guess?

I think he had a big say in players coming in which is why he was spotted watching St Etienne with Vetere, something has happened behind the scenes which is why Wise brought some players in without his say near the end of the window, I'm not sure why that was so it will be interesting if it does go to a tribunal to see what comes out.

Shame someone couldn't bang their heads together because up until then I was reasonably happy and thought we could have had a good season this year, even if we didn't fill all of the positions I would have liked.

I think you're misrepresenting it there. If there was a problem from day one, why did the club feel the need to lie about Wise's role to the fans? It also suggests appointing Wise was a mistake too if he couldn't work with KK / vice-versa.

I think it's quite possible the role of Wise changed over the period he was at the club, I use 'was' seeing as he's only there in name now. And if what you're saying is true, Wise took it upon himself to bring players in at the last minute which is something I can see any manager worth his salt having a problem with.

I'm not sure why they did but from the statement they released on the official site they appeared to be pretty sure of what they were saying, like I said if this goes to a tribunal then it'll all come out what is written in their contracts and not what was said in an interview in the official club magazine.

Like I said, I'm more interested in the reason why Wise had to bring someone in without Keegan's say rather than being bothered that he did.

Not sure why I would, I haven't been on there before all of this blew up if that's what you're getting at, something to do with Leazes going into a massive rant (you know the sort) because I told Shearergol that he preferred Ricardo Fuller when he suggested that he liked Jason Roberts.

That and the fact that Ant and Wacky were hardly posting which left me with Leazes Mag, NE5 and Stone Cold Stevie which are all the same person, so whats the point in starting threads to try and keep the place busy? Let it die.

I was joking man. It's obvious because of the way you've gone on since Ashley fucked the club up.

That's because I genuinely don't think Ashley has done much wrong apart from employing Keegan in the first place.

Whether you consider appointing Keegan a masterstroke, a complete error of judgement or just a cynical piece of marketing everything that Ahsley has done since with the set-up must be considered a mistake imo. In particular getting in people who couldn't work with Keegan, not consulting Keegan on the appointment of Wise and then letting those people , i.e. Llambias and Wise undermine Keegan.

I thought Keegan was consulted about Wise coming in?

Didn't he say that he knew about the set up when he took the job and was aware of a shortlist with three people on it? If he was against Wise he could have voiced his opinion at the time but as far as I'm aware he said nothing.

How did Llambias undermine him btw?

I've only been posting on the howaythetoon threads lately which are a bit different to the ones on here

(ie the ones were me leazes and wacky haven't been posting a great deal in)

otherwise we'd be posting the same things to each other in two different places

and in general its not so much football discussion as drama discussion on both boards.

two different style of boards anyways enjoy posting on both

(here it's alot easier to wind someone up mind)

howaythetoon even has its own version of Torres/Dannyb in the form of mischief making mackem

That's probably Leazes too tbf, Ant.

Aye, and most top managers who've commented said they wouldn't work under those circumstances. Still, Ashley's blueprint is flawless though.

I'm sure if Wenger or Ferguson didn't want to work in a job under those circumstances then they wouldn't have taken the job in the first place.

The club has contradicted what Wise's role is over the course of the last few months so it's not beyond the realms of possibility Keegan was misled in the same way the fans were.

Yet the press has known all along what Wise's role was and that Keegan wasn't that happy about the situation, even though he denied it at the time and then left because of it. Surely that wasn't a guess?

I think he had a big say in players coming in which is why he was spotted watching St Etienne with Vetere, something has happened behind the scenes which is why Wise brought some players in without his say near the end of the window, I'm not sure why that was so it will be interesting if it does go to a tribunal to see what comes out.

Shame someone couldn't bang their heads together because up until then I was reasonably happy and thought we could have had a good season this year, even if we didn't fill all of the positions I would have liked.

I think you're misrepresenting it there. If there was a problem from day one, why did the club feel the need to lie about Wise's role to the fans? It also suggests appointing Wise was a mistake too if he couldn't work with KK / vice-versa.

I think it's quite possible the role of Wise changed over the period he was at the club, I use 'was' seeing as he's only there in name now. And if what you're saying is true, Wise took it upon himself to bring players in at the last minute which is something I can see any manager worth his salt having a problem with.

I'm not sure why they did but from the statement they released on the official site they appeared to be pretty sure of what they were saying, like I said if this goes to a tribunal then it'll all come out what is written in their contracts and not what was said in an interview in the official club magazine.

Like I said, I'm more interested in the reason why Wise had to bring someone in without Keegan's say rather than being bothered that he did.

Perhaps it isn't specifically even covered in the contract, perhaps Keegan misplaced his trust. He's pretty much a man of his word in my opinion. I'm not convinced Ashley is.

As for the second bit, you could just as easily turn it around and wonder why the brilliant negotiating team of Wise et al couldn't bring in replacements for Faye and Milner (I accept Milner was a good piece of business btw but a good piece of business seems to have been just that and to the detriment of the footballing side of things).

I thought Keegan was consulted about Wise coming in?

Didn't he say that he knew about the set up when he took the job and was aware of a shortlist with three people on it? If he was against Wise he could have voiced his opinion at the time but as far as I'm aware he said nothing.

How did Llambias undermine him btw?

I don't think Keegan knew anything about Wise. Again this is supposition here but I wouldn't be surprised if the supposed shortlist didn't include him. And I would imagine Llambias backed Wise to the hilt and sided against KK.

I've only been posting on the howaythetoon threads lately which are a bit different to the ones on here

and in general its not so much football discussion as drama discussion on both boards.

howaythetoon even has its own version of Torres/Dannyb in the form of mischief making mackem

haha, as predictable as ever. Where's your own site then ?

<_<

Cobblers. he's brought a right bunch of nobbers who mean nothing to the club and are just his mates. The recruitment procedure seems to have involved his and/or his cronies little black book.

Llabia man! FFS!

I don't really have a problem with him bringing in people that he trusts, I've never met Llambias but apart from his PR being shite I don't know how well he was doing his job to be able to comment.

Jimenez seems to have his head screwed on and getting £12 million for Milner is possibly the best business we've ever done, between him, Wisa and Vetere I think we've brought some very good players in even if we didn't get all of the players that we need, but when was the last time that happened?

Getting £12m for Milner would have been great business if we had a decent replacement nailed on. It just looks like abject greed, which I think hindsight will decree as Ashley and his cronies' legacy.

In footballing terms its only a good piece of business if you either already have replacements sitting there ie a pool of talent in the wings or have someone lined up thats cheaper, better and younger than the one you're selling.

In the case of Milner it was good financial business for Ashley and nothing else.

Perhaps it isn't specifically even covered in the contract, perhaps Keegan misplaced his trust. He's pretty much a man of his word in my opinion. I'm not convinced Ashley is.

As for the second bit, you could just as easily turn it around and wonder why the brilliant negotiating team of Wise et al couldn't bring in replacements for Faye and Milner (I accept Milner was a good piece of business btw but a good piece of business seems to have been just that and to the detriment of the footballing side of things).

That's the thing, you can spin the situation anyway you like because we're only forming an opinion without facts.

Perhaps they thought they could get a replacement in for Milner but it fell through? Not sure about Faye but the club moved for Senderos who turned us down for Milan, I don't think it was such a priority signing that the club had to make a panic buy after missing out on him, if Keegan did fall out with Faye then he should have made it known sooner that he wanted him replaced..

I'd also point out that there's a difference between Keegan being in a difficult position, where he doesn't want quit so early into a job and being told what to say/having to keep his own counsel etc. and the club owner / the club's official announcements being blatant lies / contradictions. No doubt I'll be called a hypocrite for that but I don't think I am one.

In footballing terms its only a good piece of business if you either already have replacements sitting there ie a pool of talent in the wings or have someone lined up thats cheaper, better and younger than the one you're selling.

In the case of Milner it was good financial business for Ashley and nothing else.

Did you think selling Woodgate was good business?

How about selling off BR Pud? Seeing as we're changing the subject. <_<

I'd also point out that there's a difference between Keegan being in a difficult position, where he doesn't want quit so early into a job and being told what to say/having to keep his own counsel etc. and the club owner / the club's official announcements being blatant lies / contradictions. No doubt I'll be called a hypocrite for that but I don't think I am one.

only Baggy defending his DOF for all his worth is going to deny that.

That's the thing, you can spin the situation anyway you like because we're only forming an opinion without facts.

Perhaps they thought they could get a replacement in for Milner but it fell through? Not sure about Faye but the club moved for Senderos who turned us down for Milan, I don't think it was such a priority signing that the club had to make a panic buy after missing out on him, if Keegan did fall out with Faye then he should have made it known sooner that he wanted him replaced..

You can, aye. Basically it falls down to who you trust. I trust Keegan, you trust Ashley in other words.

<_<

Not worth the hassle as I know I wouldn't update it often enough, it would end up like the main page on here and Newcastle-Online.

Yes but only because at the time anyone we had sitting in the wings would play more games than he was doing.

I'm not changing the subject at all, I think both were good business as long as the money was to be reinvested into the club, even if we would have to wait until january.

<_<

Not worth the hassle as I know I wouldn't update it often enough, it would end up like the main page on here and Newcastle-Online.

They only had one decent writer and I heard he left.

How about selling off BR Pud? Seeing as we're changing the subject. :razz:

I'm not changing the subject at all, I think both were good business as long as the money was to be reinvested into the club, even if we would have to wait until january.

Do you really reckon we were 'keeping our powder dry' <_< for a transfer bonanza in January like? Apart from the fact you'd have to wonder why targets would be easier to get then than in the summer.

You can, aye. Basically it falls down to who you trust. I trust Keegan, you trust Ashley in other words.

And thats the magic statement, but I have to say even taking Keegan out of the equation, theres nothing been said or done by Ashley, Wise or the rest to give you any kind of trust in them. If anyone can give me a statement that Ashley has made in the last year that can be proved to be true then I'd be interested to see it.

That long is, and probably always was, to the moon and back.

Good business based upon conjecture is NOT good business.

Edited by trophyshy

<_<

was that also me :razz:

<_<

was that also me :razz:

The bloke I'm on about was headhunted by The Sun. The Nigerian Sun that is.

Yes but only because at the time anyone we had sitting in the wings would play more games than he was doing.

But we sold our best defender and didn't replace him until January, compare that to the Summer where we had Jonas and Geremi who I'd play over Milner and i can't see how one can be good business and the other not.