South African Deal

AgentFox

So it's alright to lie as long as you've got good intentions?

I wonder if the people who were debating signing up for a 3 year deal but decided too because of what Keegan was saying are happy he told them lies?

your quite right he should've shot himself in the foot with no doubt some form of non disclosure agreement that he had to sign

(the type anyone with an ounce of sense makes you sign when taking over positions like that)

cost himself millions of pounds opened himself up to lawsuits and a proper reason for dismissal

don't be daft, how many managers or bosses or administrators of any club or major business have you seen ever come out and reveal all the problems going on

Benitez seems happy to come out and say if there's a problem, most keep their mouth shut though rather than painting a picture that isn't true.

I really don't understand your viewpoint. As I've already pointed out the only people we know who have lied are the club heirarchy owner yet you seem to be defending them to the hilt (you've already said you thionk Ashley's one mistake was appointing KK).

Appointing KK was his one big mistake, Not being honest about Wise's role at the club and that "It's a fact" statement were mistakes too but hardly the end of the World.

The only stick you seem to be able to hit Keegan with is your assertion he has been dishonest though.

That and him walking out at the worst possible time leaving us in the shit, if he wasn't happy with having players signed that he didn't know about then he should have walked when Jonas was signed.

Are you seriously suggesting that walking out before the transfer window would have been better? I'd also say it's entirely possible (very likely even) promises were made and not fulfilled and it was only once the window had closed that this was fully realised.

I would say leaving at the beginning of July is better than leaving at the beginning of September, wouldn't you?

I can't think of a worse time he could of left apart from the night before the first game of the season.

I wasn't sure exactly when Jonas had signed so I was assuming it was later than that (for example leaving with two weeks of the transfer window would be worse, but that's by the by). But really, your argument is absolutely ridiculous as I see it. You're criticising Keegan for the timing of his leaving as though his leaving is the cause of rather than a symptom of the problems at the club. Of course that suits your viewpoint regarding who is to blame.

I think the timing has left us in the shit and I think with a manager happy with the set up (which Keegan was when he took the job) we would have had a better transfer window as it seems to me there was different opinions behind the scenes and a power struggle.

I think he was hoping to get his feet under the table which is why he was happy to go along with it at the beginning but he was planning to use his influence to change it to how he wanted.

I'm getting a bit bored now btw so we can carry this on another time if you like.

Baggy, beaten

Not at all, it's just the debate has run it's course and we've both put our opinions across without being petty (much) with neither side looking to back down.

I could say something like "Well Alex, I wonder if the 53 other clubs below us want Mike Ashley to come in, get them out of trouble and bring in 2 class Argentinian Internationals <_< " over and over again but ( a ) the debate doesn't go anywhere and ( b ) people will think I've got a screw loose.

defeats the whole object if you find 2 good international players and sell others you already have while making a profit in the transfer market and not attempting to build a bigger and better squad, especially a big club like Newcastle.

Behaving like 2nd raters is a thing that was stopped years ago, confined to the dustbin and is best kept there instead of revived again which is what they have done.

Which is precisely why Keegan fucked off.

Well I hope you get what you wish for and the next lot who come in pump millions of their own money in to make us stronger, whether you like it or not times have changed and the Halls and Shepherd's way of running up huge debts borrowing from the banks to make signings and paying themselves huge dividends while the club was making a loss wouldn't work anymore, which is why the club was dropping badly with an awful squad when they left and the billionaire's were pushing Villa and Portsmouth in the other direction.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baggio's more devastated Leazes was right than he is bothered about the mess the club is in man. That's what this is all about.

Leazes usually takes up such a position it's hard for him to be wrong tbh. It's easy to say X amount of money should be spent by the owner, but until somebody buys the club and puts his money where his mouth is, it's hard to say how it should be done. I'm fairly sure Fat Fred, Leazes superhero took a lot more out of the club than he put in.

sometimes you make decent comments, but just lately this sort of shite has let you down.

What is it you consider shite then? Freddie Shepherd profited handsomely from Newcastle United, he certainly didn't put his own money in. I'm not convinced there are loads of buyers out there who will sink a load of money into strengething the squad if they take over either.

your silly use of childish words like "superhero".

I'm pointing out they did rather quite well when they ran the club, if Ashley had also did well and showed that he was on the right road, I'd have supported him too, which goes without saying.

I have no idea if anyone better than Ashley will take over, its quite possible that it could be worse again. That therefore would make them even more inferior to the Halls and Shepherd, but all we can do is hope for the best.

My "heroes" by the way [from when I was a kid anyway], are ex players like Tony Green, Wyn Davies and the rest of the Fairs Cup squad

I think it's childish"to keep crowing "Baggy beaten" like a cheerleader over two people having a debate but it's all about opinions. What I don't understand is why didn't Shepherd buy SJH's shares if he didn't want someone like Ashley to do it? He didn't have the money? If not, how was he going to keep showing this ambition you keep talking about by spending big to compete with the top clubs?

The South Africans are looking for local investors, why doesn't Freddie re-invest £40m he made from selling his shares back into his own club rather than some two bit Spanish outfit?

well I don't see what my comments to Baggio have to do with you ? Especially in view of the disputes he is having just now with people, not just me, where he seems hell bent on denying the obvious. I don't think taking the piss as a result is so childish, but as you say, this is just an opinion.

The only reason, if you can call it that, why I "defend" Shepherd, is quite simply because nobody has done better. I would love someone to come along and do better than the Halls and shepherd, I promise if that happens, I won't be "defending" them.

I have no idea why he doesn't re-invest 40m into the club. Its pretty obvious he couldn't compete with Ashley, and once the Halls had sold, he was out. He could have stuck it out and prevented him getting 75% of the shares, but what use would that have been ultimately ?

If it was me, that had 40m quid, I wouldn't put it into Newcastle or any football club ? Would you ? I personally would probably want to buy some shares, but once you have been chairman etc you probably wouldn't want to be less than that.

That would be my feeling about it anyway.

I've never denied that the Halls and Shepherd wouldn't have been able to match the big spenders now coming into the premiership by the way, but I just thought that they ie Ashley etc, didn't understand football, and there is no excuse for lying to your manager and undermining him by appointing someone else for him to answer to, and making a profit in the transfer market when you need players. Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs in the country, behaving like 2nd raters - as I've just said - is going back to the old days and believe me, you don't want it to happen.

Edited by LeazesMag

I wonder if the people who were debating signing up for a 3 year deal but decided too because of what Keegan was saying are happy he told them lies?

your quite right he should've shot himself in the foot with no doubt some form of non disclosure agreement that he had to sign

(the type anyone with an ounce of sense makes you sign when taking over positions like that)

cost himself millions of pounds opened himself up to lawsuits and a proper reason for dismissal

don't be daft, how many managers or bosses or administrators of any club or major business have you seen ever come out and reveal all the problems going on

Benitez seems happy to come out and say if there's a problem, most keep their mouth shut though rather than painting a picture that isn't true.

I really don't understand your viewpoint. As I've already pointed out the only people we know who have lied are the club heirarchy owner yet you seem to be defending them to the hilt (you've already said you thionk Ashley's one mistake was appointing KK).

Appointing KK was his one big mistake, Not being honest about Wise's role at the club and that "It's a fact" statement were mistakes too but hardly the end of the World.

The only stick you seem to be able to hit Keegan with is your assertion he has been dishonest though.

That and him walking out at the worst possible time leaving us in the shit, if he wasn't happy with having players signed that he didn't know about then he should have walked when Jonas was signed.

Are you seriously suggesting that walking out before the transfer window would have been better? I'd also say it's entirely possible (very likely even) promises were made and not fulfilled and it was only once the window had closed that this was fully realised.

I would say leaving at the beginning of July is better than leaving at the beginning of September, wouldn't you?

I can't think of a worse time he could of left apart from the night before the first game of the season.

I wasn't sure exactly when Jonas had signed so I was assuming it was later than that (for example leaving with two weeks of the transfer window would be worse, but that's by the by). But really, your argument is absolutely ridiculous as I see it. You're criticising Keegan for the timing of his leaving as though his leaving is the cause of rather than a symptom of the problems at the club. Of course that suits your viewpoint regarding who is to blame.

I think the timing has left us in the shit and I think with a manager happy with the set up (which Keegan was when he took the job) we would have had a better transfer window as it seems to me there was different opinions behind the scenes and a power struggle.

I think he was hoping to get his feet under the table which is why he was happy to go along with it at the beginning but he was planning to use his influence to change it to how he wanted.

I'm getting a bit bored now btw so we can carry this on another time if you like.

Baggy, beaten

Not at all, it's just the debate has run it's course and we've both put our opinions across without being petty (much) with neither side looking to back down.

I could say something like "Well Alex, I wonder if the 53 other clubs below us want Mike Ashley to come in, get them out of trouble and bring in 2 class Argentinian Internationals <_< " over and over again but ( a ) the debate doesn't go anywhere and ( b ) people will think I've got a screw loose.

defeats the whole object if you find 2 good international players and sell others you already have while making a profit in the transfer market and not attempting to build a bigger and better squad, especially a big club like Newcastle.

Behaving like 2nd raters is a thing that was stopped years ago, confined to the dustbin and is best kept there instead of revived again which is what they have done.

Well I hope you get what you wish for and the next lot who come in pump millions of their own money in to make us stronger, whether you like it or not times have changed and the Halls and Shepherd's way of running up huge debts borrowing from the banks to make signings and paying themselves huge dividends while the club was making a loss wouldn't work anymore, which is why the club was dropping badly with an awful squad when they left and the billionaire's were pushing Villa and Portsmouth in the other direction.

Portsmouth are up for sale and - according to somewhere and I can't remember where - have a 90% wages to income ratio

Newcastle are still a big club and should be acting like it. Stop making excuses for the sell to buy policy they implemented on Keegan and making a profit in the transfer market despite all the money that was taken in.

Baggy, beaten

Portsmouth are up for sale and - according to somewhere and I can't remember where - have a 90% wages to income ratio

Newcastle are still a big club and should be acting like it. Stop making excuses for the sell to buy policy they implemented on Keegan and making a profit in the transfer market despite all the money that was taken in.

I'm not making excuses for anyone and I fully expected the money from Milner to have been spent in January, you've mentioned that they didn't spend the 3 year deal money up front but that has obviously got to last 3 years.

You keep saying Newcastle should act like a big club but if we are that big then the club should be able to pay it's own way rather than either going to the banks to borrow money or having Ashley put his hand in his pocket.

Baggio's more devastated Leazes was right than he is bothered about the mess the club is in man. That's what this is all about.

Leazes usually takes up such a position it's hard for him to be wrong tbh. It's easy to say X amount of money should be spent by the owner, but until somebody buys the club and puts his money where his mouth is, it's hard to say how it should be done. I'm fairly sure Fat Fred, Leazes superhero took a lot more out of the club than he put in.

sometimes you make decent comments, but just lately this sort of shite has let you down.

What is it you consider shite then? Freddie Shepherd profited handsomely from Newcastle United, he certainly didn't put his own money in. I'm not convinced there are loads of buyers out there who will sink a load of money into strengething the squad if they take over either.

I'm pointing out they did rather quite well when they ran the club, if Ashley had also did well and showed that he was on the right road, I'd have supported him too, which goes without saying.

I have no idea if anyone better than Ashley will take over, its quite possible that it could be worse again. That therefore would make them even more inferior to the Halls and Shepherd, but all we can do is hope for the best.

My "heroes" by the way [from when I was a kid anyway], are ex players like Tony Green, Wyn Davies and the rest of the Fairs Cup squad

I think it's childish"to keep crowing "Baggy beaten" like a cheerleader over two people having a debate but it's all about opinions. What I don't understand is why didn't Shepherd buy SJH's shares if he didn't want someone like Ashley to do it? He didn't have the money? If not, how was he going to keep showing this ambition you keep talking about by spending big to compete with the top clubs?

The South Africans are looking for local investors, why doesn't Freddie re-invest £40m he made from selling his shares back into his own club rather than some two bit Spanish outfit?

well I don't see what my comments to Baggio have to do with you ? Especially in view of the disputes he is having just now with people, not just me, where he seems hell bent on denying the obvious. I don't think taking the piss as a result is so childish, but as you say, this is just an opinion.

The only reason, if you can call it that, why I "defend" Shepherd, is quite simply because nobody has done better. I would love someone to come along and do better than the Halls and shepherd, I promise if that happens, I won't be "defending" them.

I have no idea why he doesn't re-invest 40m into the club. Its pretty obvious he couldn't compete with Ashley, and once the Halls had sold, he was out. He could have stuck it out and prevented him getting 75% of the shares, but what use would that have been ultimately ?

If it was me, that had 40m quid, I wouldn't put it into Newcastle or any football club ? Would you ? I personally would probably want to buy some shares, but once you have been chairman etc you probably wouldn't want to be less than that.

I've never denied that the Halls and Shepherd wouldn't have been able to match the big spenders now coming into the premiership by the way, but I just thought that they ie Ashley etc, didn't understand football, and there is no excuse for lying to your manager and undermining him by appointing someone else for him to answer to, and making a profit in the transfer market when you need players. Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs in the country, behaving like 2nd raters - as I've just said - is going back to the old days and believe me, you don't want it to happen.

That is the crux of it really. At this moment in time the only person who has put his money where his mouth is is Ashley. Everyone can tell someone else how to spend other people's money, but no one wants to put their hands into their pockets themselves. There were other buyers before Ashley who fucked off sharpish after studying the books you might remember. We can only hope now that the club finds a buyer who will be willing to spend big without borrowing heavily and leaving us with a debt like Liverpool.

That is the crux of it really. At this moment in time the only person who has put his money where his mouth is is Ashley. Everyone can tell someone else how to spend other people's money, but no one wants to put their hands into their pockets themselves. There were other buyers before Ashley who fucked off sharpish after studying the books you might remember. We can only hope now that the club finds a buyer who will be willing to spend big without borrowing heavily and leaving us with a debt like Liverpool.

it isn't really. We are talking about having 40m. 40m is nothing, in terms of owning or buying a big premiership football club. Ashley had a lot more than that, and you, me, himself, and everybody knows he is sitting on a big assett which will net him a profit, or would have done before the current shambles.

I am aware Ashley bought the club, and didn't look at the books, but for anyone wanting to buy into a top flight club, Newcastle are still one of the biggest. The nature of top flight football is such that debts are part of it Tron, only legislation will change that, if such a thing is possible. Platini's idea that clubs with debts shouldn't be allowed to compete in europe, while being eccentric and drastic, isn't without some merit, at least its a suggestion from someone who is aware of how the game is going. One thing for certain is if you don't compete, you have no chance.

i agree with leazes (never thought i'd say that)

ashley is worse than shepherd....and i thought shepherd was a crap chairman so that's saying something

well, in spite of everything, and I mean everything.

<_<

So is this Cleland bloke just a fucking bullshit artist or what?

Home made website, ISP email, and quoting names of investers that have never heard of him.

Smells like a bullshit merchant.

Even in Leazes most desperate defences of Halls/FFS you knew his opinion was based on a love for the club and a desire for success.

fcuk knows why I'm smiling at that like

So is this Cleland bloke just a fucking bullshit artist or what?

Home made website, ISP email, and quoting names of investers that have never heard of him.

Smells like a bullshit merchant.

Exactly, I reckon if we all get together from here we've got a more realistic chance of buying the place.

For a big name mover and shaker in the business world he only bothered registering his domain name a month ago <_<

Exactly, I reckon if we all get together from here we've got a more realistic chance of buying the place.

For a big name mover and shaker in the business world he only bothered registering his domain name a month ago :razz:

puts another tenner on mantelpiece <_<

Even in Leazes most desperate defences of Halls/FFS you knew his opinion was based on a love for the club and a desire for success.

Baggio's defence of Ashley notsomuch

Well I'm sure I'd love an owner to buy in and spend millions on players, don't know many fans who wouldn't. In the current financial climate where even the richest billionaires are seeing their assets tumbling, I'm not convinced it's going to happen.

And people were wanking over this mug taking over just because he said he'd bring Keegan back.

FUCK OFF!

:razz:

Baggy beaten!

Nowt childish about that of course <_<

no. put against such phrases as "shepherd the hero", no, it isn't childish.

In my opinion.

Whats your relationship with Baggy, as in adult type ?

Do you also think Parky is childish for telling him to fuck off in big letters ? Because I don't think that that is childish either.

Wondering more than ever about your relationship with baggy here like

that wasn't a dig at you btw, didn't remember who it was and there was a fair number of posts along those lines.

Think it was the former fat bloke who wears a dark blue blazer to the cricket, sister also has a Wii. <_<

Think he was also havin' a dig at you because you were Irish :razz:

Edited by Ken

God bless google

Charity website of his:

http://headlightcharity.com/index.php?PHPS...71074ee6060558d

Also runs another company

BLACK NOSE LEISURE LIMITED

Registered No. SC335245

12 BORROWS GATE, STRATHALLAN PARK, STIRLING, FK9 5GQ

https://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Bl-9.html

A photo of him:

logo%20arthur%20daily%20with%20cigar.gif