Gears of War 2

Besty

Has anyone got into Horde mode? It's like Robotron 2084 but with 4 mates and slightly better graphics. Most addictive online game I have ever played.

NEXT!

Horde is excellent just got to wave 50!

fair play mate. with a team? I aint got past 38 online, usually some feckless individual leaves the camp then it's all over.

Once you have done that you have the flashback maps on horde too lol

There's the combustible maps too. I've completed Horde on all three now.

Still not completed the game yet though :D

Mind you, I only tend to get on the xbox on a friday night. Rarely at any other time during the week :baby:

LOL

i dont want to pay 800 for 3 maps

In fairness, you get more than just 3 maps IIRC. There's other stuff too but I cant remember what it is (obviously made a lasting impression on me.....)

Having said that though, I know what you mean. I bought the pack without looking at what I was getting. My brother and the lads I play with online had bought them, so I did so that we'd all have the same maps. Probably not the most value for money addon I've bought

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they sorting some of the balancing issues with the multiplayer? I've stuck with GOW1 simply because GOW2's adjustments pretty much ruined the vast majority of it. The smoke grenades became incredibly cheap, everyone was chainsawing because the shotgun was useless. This was at release so the thing better be improved and I might give it another bash.

Are they sorting some of the balancing issues with the multiplayer? I've stuck with GOW1 simply because GOW2's adjustments pretty much ruined the vast majority of it. The smoke grenades became incredibly cheap, everyone was chainsawing because the shotgun was useless. This was at release so the thing better be improved and I might give it another bash.

That bit's really important for me. The shotgun really is poor compared to the first game. You cant shoot and run like in the first either.

That bit's really important for me. The shotgun really is poor compared to the first game. You cant shoot and run like in the first either.

As far as i know they are sorting out the shotgun and smoke grenades and also the lagging. The big one they sorting is the ranking system, there will be 100 ranks and a visible EXP bar you can see.

• 3 months later...

New 'act' being released later this month accompained with seven new multiplayer maps.

New DLC labelled 'Dark Corners' and was a deleted scene from the original game, it also gives you two tactical decisions which determines how the chapter ends. Also adds acheivements, supposedly 1200 MS points.

stupid fckers not bringing it out on pc *humph*

Then again, 360 owners didn't get that extra chapter and new maps which where included in the first Gears PC.

Justice.

Then again, 360 owners didn't get that extra chapter and new maps which where included in the first Gears PC.

Justice.

Yeah, but I'm sure they'll tart them up and release them as 'new' like they've done with a lot of the existing DLC for GoW2.

This new pack that's coming out will apparently contain the rest of the GoW1 maps (the ones not already released for GoW2) again, tarted up a little along with 2 new ones. I wish they'd concentrate on releasing proper new content instead of ripping us off by tarting up stuff we've already paid for.

Having said all that, I'll still end up buying it, I fucking know I will :lol:

Justice.

Yeah, but I'm sure they'll tart them up and release them as 'new' like they've done with a lot of the existing DLC for GoW2.

This new pack that's coming out will apparently contain the rest of the GoW1 maps (the ones not already released for GoW2) again, tarted up a little along with 2 new ones. I wish they'd concentrate on releasing proper new content instead of ripping us off by tarting up stuff we've already paid for.

Having said all that, I'll still end up buying it, I fucking know I will :unsure:

Never bought any off Gears's current DLC (Combustible, Snowblind etc...), except from the Flashback maps which came free with the game. I prefer the re-release of old maps from the original, as the first game was so good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...