Sign in to follow this  
Ant

NUSC

Can anyone at NUSC (website related question this is) tell me if the emails for the membership info/registration have been passed on or could have been "borrowed" by someone with access to such things.

I've just got an advert from "JournalLive NUFC Respondents <jnlnufc@email.icnetwork.co.uk>"

to one of my nice spam free emails i don't tend to use for such shite

And the only thing Newcastle related i remember using that email for is signing up for the NUSC registering interest bit.

Thinking i might have signed up for something on the journal live site and just forgot , i went and followed the steps to remove myself from the mailing list only to be told i wasn't actually a member and they had no record of that address for an account. Which pretty much rubber stamps them getting the email from somewhere else.

Anyone else get an email for "Alert: NUFC Web Chat - Friday, October 10"

who hadn't signed up to the journal?

(i could well be wide of the mark thinking its NUSC related, but for the life of me i can't think where else i've used that email that would even be remotely related apart from there)

Edited by Ant

As far as Im aware nobody else has access to the database except me and I can categorically state I havent passed them out to anyone, let alone the Journal.

At the same time I was also wondering where they got my addie as I havent registered with the Journal but admittedly I do use it for most things.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

As far as Im aware nobody else has access to the database except me and I can categorically state I havent passed them out to anyone, let alone the Journal.

At the same time I was also wondering where they got my addie as I havent registered with the Journal but admittedly I do use it for most things.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

see thats the thing this addy is one I tend to use for slighty more important stuff (ala things where i actually need to use my personal details)

if it had been one i use for forums and signing up for random guff i'd not have noticed

used it to buy things from the nufc.co.uk shop before, but that was ages ago and this is the first thing i've ever got from the journal so

Edited by Ant

I have to say that its unlikely to be from NUSC, I am the only one that I know of with access to the data and without wanting to sound like a dick Im not sure anyone else there would know what to do with it if they did have access. What Im going to do however is set up a new email account and not use it for anything anywhere other than amend my entry in the database to hold that address.

It wont prove the previous query but if anywhere else obtains the data in the future then I'll know.

What we need now to prove that its not from there is someone to point out that theyve received the Journal thing but not on an email theyve used for NUSC.

tbh I wouldnt trust the fact that the club shop havent sold the info on. It would make sense that if the Journal want a list of NUFC fans then the club data is the one they'd want the most. It could just be that they either have only recently obtained it (and Mike does need the cash <_<) or that the Journal havent really sent much out.

i signed up to nusc but i havnt received anything from the journal.

at least not yet

A good sign. My email was at 5.40pm not sure what time other people got theirs but Id be confident that theyre not sending them this spread out.

Laz, Dr Ken... are the addresses you signed up for when you registered here actually kosher email addresses or did you use duds?

PM me if you can't remember what you used and I'll let you know.

Laz, Dr Ken... are the addresses you signed up for when you registered here actually kosher email addresses or did you use duds?

Mine is legit. I think I used a different one for NUSC to the one I used for this place, but they're both real.

Mine is legit. I think I used a different one for NUSC to the one I used for this place, but they're both real.

Have you recently checked the email you used for here?

Have you recently checked the email you used for here?

Yep. Nowt from the Journal there.

My money is on the club having sold these emails on.

But from where though?

I've certainly not given the club my email address - and the one I have been emailed to is one I hardly use on the web.

Is it anything to do with the Journal survey that a lot of us took a few weeks back?

Now THAT could be the most sensible thing you've ever said in the history of forever

oh aye i'd forgotten about that

unlikely i'd have used that email but possible i guess

must send an email to their i.t dept just to point out how it's hard to unregister for something you didn't subscribe to

stupid fckers

Is it anything to do with the Journal survey that a lot of us took a few weeks back?

Now THAT could be the most sensible thing you've ever said in the history of forever

Didn't have to register for that though did we?

P.S. I haven't received an e-mail from the Journal and I use the same e-mail for here and when I signed up for NUSC.

Guest alex

Got this too. I assume Tom's right (even a stopped clock... :lol: ) and it's the Journal survey which I think I completed.