The kids board would go into meltdown if it happened

Snake

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely its not the LMAs place to put out rumour and hearsay as press releases?

It's probably as near to as quote from Keegan as we'll get until his legal battle with Ashley is concluded. I'm guessing he can communicate through the LMA without being penalised.

Do you mean N-O? If so it is pretty much anti-Keegan more than anything else.

Well if they are all 15 and under I guess they won't remember him.

The lack of respect on there for what KK did for us the first two times shocked me.

It stretches to Shearer too.

The lack of respect on there for what KK did for us the first two times shocked me.

Ok HTT, now I understand why you dragged up a three week old post on N-O and even then part quoted it to make it look more 'sacriligious'. You are trying to fit in here...be part of the crowd (belatedly). Well fuck you mate. Shearer didn't want to be Newcastle manager at that time, he didn't want to be involved when Keegan offered him a role, the only job he's interested in right now is sitting alongside a bunch of smug cunts like Lawrenson and Hansen in a tv studio. If you want to paint that as being 'disrespectful' then that's your choice. Let me re-iterate my appreciation for JFK though. He wanted the job. That's a start.

Ok HTT, now I understand why you dragged up a three week old post on N-O and even then part quoted it to make it look more 'sacriligious'. You are trying to fit in here...be part of the crowd (belatedly). Well fuck you mate. Shearer didn't want to be Newcastle manager at that time, he didn't want to be involved when Keegan offered him a role, the only job he's interested in right now is sitting alongside a bunch of smug cunts like Lawrenson and Hansen in a tv studio. If you want to paint that as being 'disrespectful' then that's your choice. Let me re-iterate my appreciation for JFK though. He wanted the job. That's a start.

:lol:

:lol: Fuck off minge features.

I don't think so, it's just not a Keegan worship fest since he walked out. Most of those who question him at least make their case.

You've never told me what he actually did wrong.

Apart from refuse to continue in a club where he had NO say of needed strengthening and his best players were attempted to be sold behind his back.

Other than that what did Keegan do wrong in his time in charge here?

As far as I can tell nothing, and the number of current Premiership managers that would have put up with the "structure" he was being forced to work under numbers very, very few (maybe none).

But yes, for those that remember him (as a NUFC player and manager he does deserve some respect and frankly some :lol: ).

With hindsight, Shearer may wish he'd taken the opportunity. As Keane has done at Sunderland, if you take over when the club is in the "clarts", then you have a better chance of getting the club moving in the right direction and building momentum. If you take over at a club already doing well (as Souness did after Robson) you're far more likely to balls things up, especially if you don't have the experience.

/mindless waffle.

With hindsight, Shearer may wish he'd taken the opportunity. As Keane has done at Sunderland, if you take over when the club is in the "clarts", then you have a better chance of getting the club moving in the right direction and building momentum. If you take over at a club already doing well (as Souness did after Robson) you're far more likely to balls things up, especially if you don't have the experience.

/mindless waffle.

I'm pretty sure Shearer is happy he didn't take the job given the lack of funds and interference from others. Had we been taken over by some oil-money multi-billionaire I reckon he would have been a lot more interested. Shearer isn't stupid and knows how to get the best for himself and was imo too afraid of failing to take the manager's job just yet.

Edit: The same goes for Keane, he wouldn't have went near Sunderland unless he was guaranteed the money to take them forward and I'd say that this delay in him signing a new contract has a lot to do with the funds that will be made available to him.

Edited by ewerk

I don't think so, it's just not a Keegan worship fest since he walked out. Most of those who question him at least make their case.

You've never told me what he actually did wrong.

Apart from refuse to continue in a club where he had NO say of needed strengthening and his best players were attempted to be sold behind his back.

Other than that what did Keegan do wrong in his time in charge here?

As far as I can tell nothing, and the number of current Premiership managers that would have put up with the "structure" he was being forced to work under numbers very, very few (maybe none).

But yes, for those that remember him (as a NUFC player and manager he does deserve some respect and frankly some :D ).

I didn't say he'd done anything wrong I just said that there's an alternative point of view held by some members over there (not mine necessarily). It's like some people like chips for their tea, others like Gemmill who has sensitive gums probably prefers mashed potatoes. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

/mindless waffle.

I'm pretty sure Shearer is happy he didn't take the job given the lack of funds and interference from others. Had we been taken over by some oil-money multi-billionaire I reckon he would have been a lot more interested. Shearer isn't stupid and knows how to get the best for himself and was imo too afraid of failing to take the manager's job just yet.

Edit: The same goes for Keane, he wouldn't have went near Sunderland unless he was guaranteed the money to take them forward and I'd say that this delay in him signing a new contract has a lot to do with the funds that will be made available to him.

Why do you think Shearer turned down the chance to work alongside Keegan? Not wanting to play second fiddle maybe?

That particular thread had a "new" button next to it so I clicked it and it went straight to your post believe it or not. Your comments forced me to respond there and then otherwise I'd have read through the entire thread or skipped it. I didn't realise it was a few weeks old, although even if I did I'd still have replied. My point still stands though. Even now you're displaying unwarranted cynicism towards Shearer. And then using that to somehow big up Joe Kinnear who let me remind you is here for 2 reasons only - the money and to salvage his career - is pathetic to be honest with you.

Keegan didn't offer him a role per se either, he said the two can discuss the idea and they did. Just because he didn't join KK doesn't mean he turned anything down though or doesn't want to work for the club now or in the future much less prove or hint that, well, he mustn't really love the club after all which you're implying which is bollocks and you know it. I have no problems with you showing your appreciation for Kinnear by the way, I quite like the man myself and hope he does a fantastic job which not only helps us but himself too because the game could do with people like him in it, realists who know a thing or two about good old fashioned values and honesty in a game with not an awful lot left.

You're not the only member of N.O who regards Shearer with cynicism and suspicion though hence my comment in this thread about it stretching to Big Al and not just KK and I won't lie I not only find it strange but some of the more critical and cynical views rather pathetic. These two people in particular have done an awful lot more for the club than anyone alive outside of Sir John Hall and shouldn't have anything to prove to people much less this criticism and cynicism being used to somehow big up the likes of Joe Kinnear who doesn't and never will hold a candle to KK or Shearer.

By all means big up Kinnear, although he's done nowt to justify being bigged up really (in my opinion), but don't put down true legends of the club in doing so man.

Edited by Howaythetoon

Why do you think Shearer turned down the chance to work alongside Keegan? Not wanting to play second fiddle maybe?

Because he doesn't love the club... :D

Exactly man. I hated him for his overzealous celebrations when he was at Blackburn against us. :)