The kids board would go into meltdown if it happened

Snake

I'm glad he never signed as well btw. Thankfully we never needed all of those goals to save us from relegation and single handedly give our fans two cup final days out at Wembley.

is he being serious? it's hard to tell on a forum

:)

He is you know.

i dont think he is, surely noone can be that much of an idiot

I was going to mention Shearer, goals and open play as opposed to dead ball situations but fuck it, why bother?

Shearer + local hero = legend. If you are happy with that then great.

you can't say this, then turn around and castigate them for setting high standards - which is why Keegan walked and possibly why Shearer doesn't want the job.

If you are happy with a 2nd rate club, then great for you

I've got greater faith in Keegans ambition than Mike Ashleys, thats an absolute no brainer.

I agree with you

:D

<_<:nufc::)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean N-O? If so it is pretty much anti-Keegan more than anything else.

I don't think so, it's just not a Keegan worship fest since he walked out. Most of those who question him at least make their case.

You've never told me what he actually did wrong.

Apart from refuse to continue in a club where he had NO say of needed strengthening and his best players were attempted to be sold behind his back.

Other than that what did Keegan do wrong in his time in charge here?

As far as I can tell nothing, and the number of current Premiership managers that would have put up with the "structure" he was being forced to work under numbers very, very few (maybe none).

But yes, for those that remember him (as a NUFC player and manager he does deserve some respect and frankly some :D ).

I didn't say he'd done anything wrong I just said that there's an alternative point of view held by some members over there (not mine necessarily). It's like some people like chips for their tea, others like Gemmill who has sensitive gums probably prefers mashed potatoes. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Yup you either love Keegan or...... you're wrong. :):)

I actually do love Keegan so I'm right anyway :nufc:

With Shearer though I never really got him tbh. I'm not really sure what he's done to deserve his legend status at Newcastle other than be a record signing geordie. Keegan doesn't really need to say he loves Newcastle, it's obvious. When Shearer says it, it looks like he's reading from an auto cue. he really is a smug twat IMO. With all respect.

Those 206 goals perhaps? <_<

I thought we played better stuff the season before he signed. After he arrived everything seemed to centre around him and because he wasn't as quick at Newcastle the team play slowed down. The exception to this was when for a couple of seasons under Robson he had flyers like Dyer, Bellamy and Robert around him.

Quick couple of points. Take Ferdinand out of the side the year before Shearer arrived and replace him with Shearer and we'd probably have won the league now. Ferdinand was class for us, don't get me wrong, but his form tailed off when it really mattered imo that season. I think Shearer was a better allround player then and mentally stronger. We might not have played as nice a brand of football the season Shearer arrived but that was because KK insisted on playing Ferdinand and Shearer, meaning Beardsley and Lee played deeper. The football wasn't as good but it probably could have been at least as effective.

If things did centre around Shearer after he got his injury and slowed down, then that isn't the player's fault. Also you point out that he needed pace around him but he made the likes of Bellamy and Robert look good too by being such a high quality focal point for the attack.

I think he went on a season or two too long btw.

I'm glad he never signed as well btw. Thankfully we never needed all of those goals to save us from relegation and single handedly give our fans two cup final days out at Wembley.

is he being serious? it's hard to tell on a forum

He is you know.

i dont think he is, surely noone can be that much of an idiot

I was going to mention Shearer, goals and open play as opposed to dead ball situations but fuck it, why bother?

Shearer + local hero = legend. If you are happy with that then great.

Shearer can be a bit of a twat (he was certainly somewhat instrumental in Robson's demise), and certainly has and does look after his own interests.

But (and it's a big but) he came here when he could have gone else where (admittedly at the time it wasn't quite the choice it later appeared to be - we could have taken Man U if things had been slightly different :)).

And he was a good servant to the club, even after injury, and his goals were vital (and he added a lot to the team that wasn't goal scoring too), even if a fair few ended up not coming in open play.

Frankly most teams would have had him and played him certainly up until he was 32-33ish, it was only in his last season that his goals to games ratio dropped from good or better (1:2 or better) to average.

Edited by Fop

I don't think so, it's just not a Keegan worship fest since he walked out. Most of those who question him at least make their case.

Apart from refuse to continue in a club where he had NO say of needed strengthening and his best players were attempted to be sold behind his back.

As far as I can tell nothing, and the number of current Premiership managers that would have put up with the "structure" he was being forced to work under numbers very, very few (maybe none).

But yes, for those that remember him (as a NUFC player and manager he does deserve some respect and frankly some :D ).

I didn't say he'd done anything wrong I just said that there's an alternative point of view held by some members over there (not mine necessarily). It's like some people like chips for their tea, others like Gemmill who has sensitive gums probably prefers mashed potatoes. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

With Shearer though I never really got him tbh. I'm not really sure what he's done to deserve his legend status at Newcastle other than be a record signing geordie. Keegan doesn't really need to say he loves Newcastle, it's obvious. When Shearer says it, it looks like he's reading from an auto cue. he really is a smug twat IMO. With all respect.

I thought we played better stuff the season before he signed. After he arrived everything seemed to centre around him and because he wasn't as quick at Newcastle the team play slowed down. The exception to this was when for a couple of seasons under Robson he had flyers like Dyer, Bellamy and Robert around him.

Quick couple of points. Take Ferdinand out of the side the year before Shearer arrived and replace him with Shearer and we'd probably have won the league now. Ferdinand was class for us, don't get me wrong, but his form tailed off when it really mattered imo that season. I think Shearer was a better allround player then and mentally stronger. We might not have played as nice a brand of football the season Shearer arrived but that was because KK insisted on playing Ferdinand and Shearer, meaning Beardsley and Lee played deeper. The football wasn't as good but it probably could have been at least as effective.

If things did centre around Shearer after he got his injury and slowed down, then that isn't the player's fault. Also you point out that he needed pace around him but he made the likes of Bellamy and Robert look good too by being such a high quality focal point for the attack.

Decent post as usual, I think there's some merit in what you say about what would have happened if Shearer has come in instead of Ferdinand. It wasn't just Ferdinand's form that tailed off though, people like Rob Lee stopped scoring as well. For me Shearer was at his best a couple of years before he came to Newcastle, when he was virtually unstoppable. Amir Zaki reminds me of a young Shearer in the way he runs defenders ragged. Shearer wasn't as mobile for us as he was at Southampton and Blackburn, but he was still quality as far as touch and finishing goes. Maybe the various managers he played under didn't put the right players around him, it's a possibility.

I realise it's not the popular view but I don't consider Shearer a hero, I don't really like him tbh. This is just my personal view, if everyone else in Newcastle wants to consider him an icon, build statues or name bars after him by all means knock yourself out. He's shit on MOTD as well by the way.

But yes, for those that remember him (as a NUFC player and manager he does deserve some respect and frankly some :) ).

Yup you either love Keegan or...... you're wrong. :(:nufc:

I actually do love Keegan so I'm right anyway <_<

Those 206 goals perhaps? :)

Decent post as usual, I think there's some merit in what you say about what would have happened if Shearer has come in instead of Ferdinand. It wasn't just Ferdinand's form that tailed off though, people like Rob Lee stopped scoring as well. For me Shearer was at his best a couple of years before he came to Newcastle, when he was virtually unstoppable. Amir Zaki reminds me of a young Shearer in the way he runs defenders ragged. Shearer wasn't as mobile for us as he was at Southampton and Blackburn, but he was still quality as far as touch and finishing goes. Maybe the various managers he played under didn't put the right players around him, it's a possibility.

I realise it's not the popular view but I don't consider Shearer a hero, I don't really like him tbh. This is just my personal view, if everyone else in Newcastle wants to consider him an icon, build statues or name bars after him by all means knock yourself out. He's shit on MOTD as well by the way.

I do have some issues with the bloke myself like, although he was a quality player for us in my view. I do think some of the worship is OTT too. Also agree that Shearer was at his absolute peak the season Blackburn won the league. And I didn't mean to single out Ferdinand for criticism and agree about Rob Lee.