Do you think that NUSC are representative of your views as a supporter?

peasepud

NUSC  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Same poll as on N-O lets see if theres any difference in the figures (personally I dont think there will). Also, if you could give me one thing the NUSC should do next week to make you feel differently.

Apologies for a new thread but I dont think many will see it if its in the existing thread.

I voted no, because I haven't seen any evidence of NUSC canvasing for opinion on matters regarding the current predicament, and seeking the thoughts of the majority as to the way forward, although they pitch themselves as the voice of the fans, the only voice they seem to be representing at the moment is their own, I hoped the NUSC would offer a credible, measured and mature representation for the fans, so far it seems like a slightly better organised version of the SSN rent-a-mob.

I would have seen red if I'd paid £10 donation and then seen the NUSC banners at the ground, we need representation not a bed-sheet banner campaign.

I don't think they are representative of me as of this minute but I understand that it will take time to collect various opinions.

I would say they have been premature to act without knowing what the fans think and to do this the membership scheme will have to come in to fruition and fees will have to be collected so that the opinions are genuine.

I don't think they are representative of me as of this minute but I understand that it will take time to collect various opinions.

I would say they have been premature to act without knowing what the fans think and to do this the membership scheme will have to come in to fruition and fees will have to be collected so that the opinions are genuine.

So just to be sure are you saying that the most important thing for them to do next week is push for membership?

I'd like to see an end to the recent press statements they have been releasing, to me they sound like the personal opinion of an individual rather than speaking on behalf of a collective, for my own opinion there should have been a single statement on the views of the fans regarding Ashley, and no more until significant developments take place, rather than rant-like statements that devalue lose crediblity.

I'd like to see a either a poll, ballot or survey undertaken to gauge opinion of the "members/fans" as to they way forward in terms of protest or actions against and as to the operations of the NUSC, of course you will never please everyone but it does need to be seen to be taking the views of the fans rather than voicing their own personal opinions.

Also I suggest it needs a suitable spokesperson if the need for tv interviews arises, rather than the usual Steve Wraith/John McCririck/Jimmy Nail/Sting/rent-a-mob.

I'd like to see them do TWO things:

1: STOP releasing rushed statements that only represent their personal views

and

2: START releasing more info on what their vision is for building the supporters club.

Like I've said, when you have a diverse range of people, opinions are going to differ. Until they have got the supporters club up and running and implemented a clear voting system they won't have credibility and the whole thing will just disintegrate.

I don't mind their anti-Ashley stance per se and in the light of the possibility of an extended stay keeping up the pressure on him but the statements they've released have been crass to say the least.

I've just read this statement on the site....

Newcastle United Supporters Club today welcomes the departure of Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez from NUFC with an air of cautious optimism.

As one of the key antagonists behind the recent traumatic events at NUFC that have led directly to the club’s current instability, we believe that Mr. Jimenez’ continued employment at the club had long since become untenable.

With the club currently up for sale it seemed increasingly obvious that Mr. Jimenez’ role at NUFC was effectively redundant and we are pleased, therefore, that he is no longer on the club’s payroll.

The committee of NUSC would like to express our cautious optimism at today’s announcement and our hope that it can act as a precursor to the departures of other undesirable elements of the board followed by a quick sale of the club to a party who has the club’s best interests at heart.

The departure of Mr. Jimenez must not, however, be used as a smokescreen, nor must his departure be a sacrifice that allows the current regime to maintain their hold on Newcastle United Football Club.

And again, the NUSC's primary concern seems to be clearing out the boardroom as soon as possible. Not something I wholly disagree with, but I worry at what cost.

I've said it before, but I welcomed the NUSC primarily as a voice of the fans widespread concerns (Ticketing, kick off times, travel etc.) even if that came about as a result of the current turmoil, I believed it was not there to push through an extreme knee jerk agenda, rather than as a platform for calmer heads than the bedsheet brigade to voice the concerns of those that worry about the club more than any individual that remains or not.

In football terms, the one thing we need is to strengthen the squad, losing our head of recruitment does not bode well for that happening come January. Rather than weeding out the bad guys that forced uncle Kevin to go one by one, I'd like to see the NUSC remind Ashley/Llama farmer of their responsibilities as the current powers that be. Their abandonment of the playing/coaching staff and blinkered pursuit of someone to buy is endangering our Premier league status.

Edited by Happy Face

Ive said no.

I do think we need a supporters club. At the moment, the agenda of NUSC seems to be only about the current ownership and ousting it.

Long term, Id like to see a line of communication open with the club, but of course that bridge has been burned and trampled on. At the moment it kinda feels like if Ashley and Co left, NUSC would be lost of anything to do. I'd rather they united the fans rather than setting their own agenda and running with it. It also feels like they want every inch of anything MA has put in place gone (people). Yet, I would wager that there will be some structure that he has put in place that is decent. I dunno, just feels like a bit of a witch hunt and while I agree with some of the sentiment, I dont like the tone or manner in which the small voice of NUSC is trying to shout.

If NUSC wants me (as a regular fan) to take it seriously, then it has to become more professional and level headed in its operation.

Ive said no.

I do think we need a supporters club. At the moment, the agenda of NUSC seems to be only about the current ownership and ousting it.

Long term, Id like to see a line of communication open with the club, but of course that bridge has been burned and trampled on. At the moment it kinda feels like if Ashley and Co left, NUSC would be lost of anything to do. I'd rather they united the fans rather than setting their own agenda and running with it. It also feels like they want every inch of anything MA has put in place gone (people). Yet, I would wager that there will be some structure that he has put in place that is decent. I dunno, just feels like a bit of a witch hunt and while I agree with some of the sentiment, I dont like the tone or manner in which the small voice of NUSC is trying to shout.

If NUSC wants me (as a regular fan) to take it seriously, then it has to become more professional and level headed in its operation.

:lol:

I said no and the reasons have already been stated. Until a structure has been put into place where the SC has a means of listening to the supporters before actually making a statement I would be inclined to hold back in joining.

No.

I don't think there's anything you could do in the space of a week to make my opinion of the group change either.

So haway, throw me a fuckin bone here, what would it take?

I think you need to get back to what the whole group was set up for in the first place, at the time they made a big deal about pointing out that it wasn't a group set up as an anti-Ashley group yet that is the way it's still coming across, people have been put off by this and it will take more than a week to get those people back on side.

Get back to basics, if the group wasn't set up as an anti-Ashley group then what was it set up for? If it was set up so that fans could have a voice then you need to work out how you plan on doing that, by the looks of it you've burnt your bridges with the club before you've even started so people are less confident that anything will happen even if they do express their opinions.

Last season a group of fans (.com lads, Mark Jensen, a few off N-O) were meeting Mort every now and again to put forward ideas how the club could be better and to talk about things people are unhappy with, it's because of that the singing section and the bigger family section came about, this is what people want from a supporters club and not how things have been done so far which looks like a few people on a power trip.

But until the club is sold or bridges are rebuilt with the current lot then these things won't happen, and until people can see that their voice is being heard rather than being another number to back up a few that want to represent themselves then people won't be interested.

EDIT - Here's the thread from the time, I can't speak for everyone else but this is the sort of thing I'd want from a supporters group, a chance for my voice to be heard and for things to be done about it whether big or small.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...p?topic=44942.0

Edited by Baggio

As far as I can tell the major issue people have with NUSC is a difference in opinion over a difference in opinion. What worries me is that these differences in opinion (from both sides) which are getting stronger with every passing day it seems will kill any chance of a successful supporters club emerging at a period in time when we as fans need to be united with one another more than ever off the pitch. United as one another behind our club isn't an issue, that goes without saying and is in force every single match day home or away. If not all singing from the same *hymn sheet exactly we are all very much behind our club and always will be - agreed?

Getting back to opinions. I don't want or really need my opinion represented by anyone or to be rubber stamped officially by a group to be perfectly honest. Opinions are free and open and I quite like being able to change mine any time I like without having to double check to see if that's OK with others or to see what others are thinking. Opinions shouldn't have to be so rigid and conclusive anyway. When you do it can be dangerous.

NUSC being so obviously anti-Ashley wrongly or rightly is all well and good today, but what if he can't sell the club or decides, you know what I think I'll stick around. Then what? I'm also secure enough in myself to not get upset when the media for example claim ALL Newcastle fans want KK back (for example) even though this particular Newcastle fan doesn't. I'd rather not get bogged down in semantics like that to be honest when there are more pressing issues needed addressed, resolved or solved.

And those issues? Our rights and real issues that effect us. That's what NUSC should be all about in my opinion - representing our rights and any real issues that effect us or may affect us and not opinions and views. That's what needs championed above fans' opinions. We have our forums, fanzines, personal websites, blogs, mates and the pub to air our opinions and views and it needs to stay that way otherwise you run the risk of alienating people and taking sides. To be a true supporters club you have to be inclusive to all. At current NUSC is only really open to those that share the same opinion as the founders and current members.

The trading standards don't exist to get me to buy this or that, they exist to protect my rights when it comes to buying or indeed selling. That's what NUSC needs to become to all fans of Newcastle United - like what the trading standards is to consumers and businesses.

Regarding the club itself, it is early days and Peasepud who I believe is an active member will no doubt take all this feedback to the other members and I'm sure between them all a happy medium will be found and lets not forget these things will take time to take off, any new enterprise will go through teething troubles. I hope for all our sake NUSC doesn't disband because I personally think this has the potential to be a very positive thing in all our lives as fans of Newcastle United and indeed for the club too so best of luck with it and I urge people not to be too hard on it or let a few difference of opinion put you off for good.

*Living proof that those with a difference of opinion can be united behind a common cause, the cause of course should be the rights of fans and the issues that effects us and not just what effects our club which in the main is totally out of our hands and some would argue just as well.

Despite the problems I have with the wording on the last statement, I am more than ready to fork out my £10 to join. The thought that this organisation can be perfect from the off is ludicrous and I am fully prepared for differences of opinion. I will be happier when I can join in any debates on-line and go to meetings though. Oh, and do I have to go to a website now via the link someone put on here earlier or will someone actually contact me to collect my money via the e-mail address I supplied??

Onward and upward for the NUSC.

Baggio believe it or not though I actually agree with what you are saying, that was what the NUSC was in my view when I agreed to work on it. What I feel has happened is we have started to get ahead of ourselves and become too much protest orientated too quickly.

I am looking for this to get back on track and quickly but to do that I need to know what the best course of action is, we cant do a load of things at once and we cant ever expect to get the bulk of fans onboard again within a week or so but we do need to start. That is why Im looking for one thing that if we did it on Tuesday you would think "finally, they've actually done something right"

For instance my answer is a simple straight forward one, I think we need to apologise. The NUSC needs to state that it is sorry for getting carried away and running with something that isnt in its remit, it acknowledges the fact that it has acted without madate and without obtaining the views of the fans (other than the original meeting).

That, I think, is what is needed early next week to make people think that there is a chance this will work.

Then we need to do all the other things, organise the recruitment, talk about development, open lines of communication etc

Oh and HTT, welcome back mate :lol: