Do you think that NUSC are representative of your views as a supporter?

peasepud

NUSC  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the whole issue of a supporters club is now losing my interest.

one club wants the current owners out and to work with the new owners

the other supporters club wants everyone to chip and become the clubs owner.

weve already divided and been conquered.

Baggio believe it or not though I actually agree with what you are saying, that was what the NUSC was in my view when I agreed to work on it. What I feel has happened is we have started to get ahead of ourselves and become too much protest orientated too quickly.

I am looking for this to get back on track and quickly but to do that I need to know what the best course of action is, we cant do a load of things at once and we cant ever expect to get the bulk of fans onboard again within a week or so but we do need to start. That is why Im looking for one thing that if we did it on Tuesday you would think "finally, they've actually done something right"

For instance my answer is a simple straight forward one, I think we need to apologise. The NUSC needs to state that it is sorry for getting carried away and running with something that isnt in its remit, it acknowledges the fact that it has acted without madate and without obtaining the views of the fans (other than the original meeting).

That, I think, is what is needed early next week to make people think that there is a chance this will work.

Then we need to do all the other things, organise the recruitment, talk about development, open lines of communication etc

Oh and HTT, welcome back mate :lol:

An apology over getting carried away would go a long way to changing opinions of the group, what bothers people is that statements are getting released every other day yet they haven't even heard back from when they originally signed up to the site, fair enough it's early days and you're trying to get everything set up but it doesn't come across that way with all of the statements coming out.

Who has been releasing those statements btw? Is the content discussed with the committee?

Another question out of interest, how many fully paid up members does NUSC have at the moment?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I voted yes

I was conned by the Ashley vision and blew all our savings on 3 year season tickets paid up-front for me and wor lass. I'm happy to commit to the team for that period, but the fact that the money has ultimately gone to Ashley rather than on new players just boils my piss soooo much. I want NUSC to succeed because we need a mouthpiece for the majority of sensible fans - and me. Handing out leaflets before the Blackburn game I was surprised by how most of the faithful were 40+.

I've been disappointed by recent NUSC statements - it smacks of grandstanding for the sake of it. That guy who played a straight bat on the first radio interview did an able job. Someone's ears want boxing for the last press release and the sensible brigade need to assert control and start building credibility through (post election) low profile nuts and bolts work advocating our collective cause and representing fans interests. AND tho I want Ashley to go NOW, the global crisis makes an offer unlikely, so NUSC needs to give proper thought to it's stance on Ashley hanging around into the medium term.

They've already got my tenner. Compared to the money that I invest in NUFC, or even the Mag, in this or any other year it' a small price to pay. I am hopeful that what we've got is at the minute is ill focussed exuberance. Imo the Club has not even learnt to crawl and is still making unco-ordinated gurgling noises.

I dread to think what it'll be like when it hits adolescence! :lol:

Edited by Bibble

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I voted yes

I was conned by the Ashley vision and blew all our savings on 3 year season tickets paid up-front for me and wor lass. I'm happy to commit to the team for that period, but the fact that the money has ultimately gone to Ashley rather than on new players just boils my piss soooo much. I want NUSC to succeed because we need a mouthpiece for the majority of sensible fans - and me. Handing out leaflets before the Blackburn game I was surprised by how most of the faithful were 40+.

I've been disappointed by recent NUSC statements - it smacks of grandstanding for the sake of it. That guy who played a straight bat on the first radio interview did an able job. Someone's ears want boxing for the last press release and the sensible brigade need to assert control and start building credibility through (post election) low profile nuts and bolts work advocating our collective cause and representing fans interests. AND tho I want Ashley to go NOW, the global crisis makes an offer unlikely, so NUSC needs to give proper thought to it's stance on Ashley hanging around into the medium term.

They've already got my tenner. Compared to the money that I invest in NUFC, or even the Mag, in this or any other year it' a small price to pay. I am hopeful that what we've got is at the minute is ill focussed exuberance. Imo the Club has not even learnt to crawl and is still making unco-ordinated gurgling noises.

I dread to think what it'll be like when it hits adolescence! :lol:

Heres hoping we can deliver on that.

Asking to speak to Ashley, Llambias, or whoever would be a cracking start imo.

However, that could be difficult given some of the statements and protests aimed towards them.

:razz:

Sorry mate, that is just ludacris.

The smirker and the lurker would be all ears I'm sure. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Yes, but the NUSC would have been in a much greater position of strength in terms of gaining support from fans had that been the first thing they tried to do.

Had they done that, and been blanked out or ignored, I think you'd find a lot more people would be in their favour.

One thing I think NUSC could do is to announce how they're going to canvass supporter opinion to make themselves representative of the fans. Or at least show us that they're looking into it.

One thing I think NUSC could do is to announce how they're going to canvass supporter opinion to make themselves representative of the fans. Or at least show us that they're looking into it.

I BADLY want the NUSC to work because it's for the good of all of us. Unfortunately I think they have jumped the gun. They are not a media/press outlet and as such do not need to respond to every minute detail of news coming from SJP. They need a well-written but forceful manifesto and a detailed description of their plans for the £10. If they had that I'd suggest there'd be hardly a Mag in Tyneside who would refuse them the tenner.

I BADLY want the NUSC to work because it's for the good of all of us. Unfortunately I think they have jumped the gun. They are not a media/press outlet and as such do not need to respond to every minute detail of news coming from SJP. They need a well-written but forceful manifesto and a detailed description of their plans for the £10. If they had that I'd suggest there'd be hardly a Mag in Tyneside who would refuse them the tenner.

Agreed,

and Ewerk I have done that elsewhere in this thread (I think :D)

Fully agree with Baggio on this one. It does come accross as a protest group at the minute and given that the protests appear to have been heard, continuing in that vein seems more than a little redundant.

What we need is communication with the club and continued attack on the current powers is never going to achieve that.

Fully agree with Baggio on this one. It does come accross as a protest group at the minute and given that the protests appear to have been heard, continuing in that vein seems more than a little redundant.

What we need is communication with the club and continued attack on the current powers is never going to achieve that.

I suggest that is because the catalyst for it starting was to get rid of Ashley (will I have to repeat this again later?). :D

Over time it will morph into the coffee morning, scrabble playing, chin wagging thing everyone is longing for. :)

As most people are saying it is a good thing and will become more balanced over time.

I suggest that is because the catalyst for it starting was to get rid of Ashley (will I have to repeat this again later?). :D

Over time it will morph into the coffee morning, scrabble playing, chin wagging thing everyone is longing for. :)

As most people are saying it is a good thing and will become more balanced over time.

No, it will have put off far too many people. The good idea will fade away quicker than a fart even before the organisation gets a chance to become more balanced.

Over time it will morph into the coffee morning, scrabble playing, chin wagging thing everyone is longing for. :nufc:

No, it will have put off far too many people. The good idea will fade away quicker than a fart even before the organisation gets a chance to become more balanced.

:)

The NUSC should recognise that it cant protest someone into buying the club and also recognise the momentous impact of the current financial climate on the possibility of finding a BETTER owner.

If it released a statement this week concerning the financial climate and the need for stability at the club, it can stand by its original position that Ashley should sell but that specifying any timeline on this is futile and if needs be, the club and its supporters need to work together to ensure premiership status in 09/10.

The NUSC should recognise that it cant protest someone into buying the club and also recognise the momentous impact of the current financial climate on the possibility of finding a BETTER owner.

If it released a statement this week concerning the financial climate and the need for stability at the club, it can stand by its original position that Ashley should sell but that specifying any timeline on this is futile and if needs be, the club and its supporters need to work together to ensure premiership status in 09/10.

Sensible comments for sure. It doesn't have to be a war on the other hand I don't mind seeing a bit of 'enthusiasm' from the current quango/corum.