Nee Job, 1 Kid = Life of Luxary

wykikitoon

My mate met a bird on the net and has been chatting to her for a couple of months. He has told me a bit about her, she is 20, no job, has a kid of less than 2 years old. Fair enough I think, she is going to college to better herself and she sounds really nice. Mother and father have split up, neither work she has one brother and thats about it.

Anyways. He decided to meet her on Saturday, so I joined him as a bit of company. So we drove to Newcastle and I must say, if I didnt have family there and stayed with them, I would of ended up going home. Its not the girls fault as such its this fucking country.

She was very pleasent and a nice lass BUT some things boiled my piss. She has a kid who is less than two which the father doesnt pay anything towards, so you would think times would be hard as she doesnt also have a job.

FULL Sky+ package

Brand New Laptop with GPRS!

Brand New Mobile x2 (2 "Oh the bairn wanted one like me")

Nails done once every other week

etc etc

I work and do have a decent job and rather decent income, yet I cant afford a fucking FULL Sky package! Now I know I dont know the ins and outs the whys, the wheres the whens. But who is paying for this? Ill tell you, ME AND YOU THE WORKING LOT! :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current benefits system is like lead weight around a drowning person, there will come a time when drags everyone under.

Which is unfortunate because it's something that is desperately needed for some, but as with all systems it just gets abused by every chancer and shirker and becomes a way of life (in fact I'd actually say it's has become a "class" in Britain today).

My mate met a bird on the net and has been chatting to her for a couple of months. He has told me a bit about her, she is 20, no job, has a kid of less than 2 years old. Fair enough I think, she is going to college to better herself and she sounds really nice. Mother and father have split up, neither work she has one brother and thats about it.

Anyways. He decided to meet her on Saturday, so I joined him as a bit of company. So we drove to Newcastle and I must say, if I didnt have family there and stayed with them, I would of ended up going home. Its not the girls fault as such its this fucking country.

She was very pleasent and a nice lass BUT some things boiled my piss. She has a kid who is less than two which the father doesnt pay anything towards, so you would think times would be hard as she doesnt also have a job.

FULL Sky+ package

Brand New Laptop with GPRS!

Brand New Mobile x2 (2 "Oh the bairn wanted one like me")

Nails done once every other week

etc etc

I work and do have a decent job and rather decent income, yet I cant afford a fucking FULL Sky package! Now I know I dont know the ins and outs the whys, the wheres the whens. But who is paying for this? Ill tell you, ME AND YOU THE WORKING LOT! :razz:

Where in the toon was she from? I have it down as 4/5 North Tyneside 2/1 Elswick/Benwell 3/1 Walker/Byker 5/1 Scochee 8/1 Kenton 66/1 some where nice :lol:

You're assuming benefits paid for it all and not tick.

My brother's a single parent on benefit, and it's no bed of roses.

You're right, I know a lass in an identical position and she has all the stuff mentioned paid for her by her mam, on the whole it's nee picnic.

Exactly. I dont know how much people think benefits are (TBH I have no idea) but I am sure they dont stretch to £60/month for sky.

She is either earning on the side (which makes her even worse), has had a bloke living with her (just as bad and more likely) or she is strapped up to the eyeballs (the reason we are in the mess we are).

Exactly. I dont know how much people think benefits are (TBH I have no idea) but I am sure they dont stretch to £60/month for sky.

She is either earning on the side (which makes her even worse), has had a bloke living with her (just as bad and more likely) or she is strapped up to the eyeballs (the reason we are in the mess we are).

Yee would naa.

Yee would naa.

No I wouldn't. Do you work down here Stevie?

Or she got a dodgy viewing card for a few bob, and pays nowt month to month.

Yee would naa.

Chill am messing. Yes usually for 3 to 5 days a month. Why?

Single mum that knows how to work the system (bit here bit that, some "disability" - if you ever need to find out about benefits don't go to them or to citizens advice, find some smelly fucker in the job centre and ask them) can easily stretch to that (and the benefit system has developed it's own breed of hunter/gatherers and an entirely new Evolution system :razz:), although they won't be driving around in a new BMW or going to South Africa on holiday.

Of course that is part of the problem with the whole thing, peoples priorities, the money they get is supposed to be for living and supporting, but when they choose to spend it on Sky (instead of decent food, education, bettering themselves) what can they do? Part of the reason food vouchers and such should be used and work, but they "infringe" human rights here. :D Although maybe that wouldn't even work these days with supermarkets being what they are. :lol:

Or she got a dodgy viewing card for a few bob, and pays nowt month to month.

Bill Gates is fuming about it as well speak. violin_emoticon_by_cooliojulio.gif

Compare the cost of benefit fraud with how much we're throwing at the banks.

The greed of the middle class taking on mortgages they can't afford dwarfs the greed of the benefit class playing the system for as much as they can get out of it.

Yee would naa.

Its just you seem to have a view on every part of the country. Whereabouts do you work down here and what do you think of it?

Yee would naa.

Its just you seem to have a view on every part of the country. Whereabouts do you work down here and what do you think of it?

You know Euston Tower? I work 1 minute from there when I'm in London. It's alright, there's a nice Belgian chip stall at Euston for lunch time, but....when people use the term "nightmare" it's often overused, but the tube actually is a nightmare in the morning. I don't have a view on Southampton or Norwich, never been.

Yee would naa.

You know Euston Tower? I work 1 minute from there when I'm in London. It's alright, there's a nice Belgian chip stall at Euston for lunch time, but....when people use the term "nightmare" it's often overused, but the tube actually is a nightmare in the morning. I don't have a view on Southampton or Norwich, never been.

:lol:

Compare the cost of benefit fraud with how much we're throwing at the banks.

The greed of the middle class taking on mortgages they can't afford dwarfs the greed of the benefit class playing the system for as much as they can get out of it.

Well considering the % of the world total wealth that is in the hand of less than 2% of the world population the super-rich's greed dwarfs everyone else's.

But yes the bank bosses have just basically nicked £13,000 to £20,000 out of your pocket for this current UK deal.

Although it's not the middle class, working class (not that I think there is really either any more) or any other "class" that has caused the credit crunch (although people have been moronic in they amount they were prepared to borrow), but bankers with less foresight than a goldfish, but enough greed to float the planet on.

Still doesn't change the fact that this countries benefit system needs a serious and complete overhaul, as does the banking system..... in fact both ends of the scale completely screw the vast majority of people in the middle.

Edited by Fop

But yes the bank bosses have just basically nicked £13,000 to £20,000 out of your pocket for this current UK deal.

They have done no such thing. The government will get a return on its investment in the banks in the form of a dividend and sell the share back when the banks are back on there feet again.

It could infact be a nice little earner.

They have done no such thing. The government will get a return on its investment in the banks in the form of a dividend and sell the share back when the banks are back on there feet again.

And banks could still go under without paying back tuppence ha'penny.

Yup it all depends on how things go, and at the present no one knows (it's slightly strange that NR and B&B were nationalised for being in a very similar situation though - neither were failed business, just couldn't get the lending liquidity).

Also a lot depends on NOT allowing the banks to forget about this and do the same things again in X years when the greed rises over common sense again.

Of course if you're a plumber or builder or whatever about to go bankrupt, the Government still won't ride to your rescue to ease you through difficult times (whether of your own making or not).

Pref shares get paid out in preference to normal shareholders, I am sure this has all been reviewed by the government.