Nee Job, 1 Kid = Life of Luxary

wykikitoon

This is in fact in many ways THE doomsday scenario no matter what happens economically, now that Governments are bailing out banks and the city for insanely reckless behaviour, it can (no matter what regulation that put in - loopholes will always be found) only encourage more reckless behaviour in the future, secure in the knowledge that if everything does go absolutely tips up (as it is) again then they'll be able to rely on it again. :D

There is the need for greater regulation in the markets but I disagree that the banks will allow this to happen again. Confidence in the banking sector has never been this low. The Banks are being hurt by this, make no mistake but the government just cant allow them to collapse. There is no choice to be made here.

If you'd asked most anyone 15 years ago (even 10 years ago) if what has happened could possibly have happened, they'd have laughed and told you that you were daft. Even 4-5 years ago (frankly even 18 months) ago the majority of people that should have known better, quite simply didn't .

Greed isn't ruled by common sense or the greater good, it is ruled by self-interest and.... well greed.

You can't regulate your way around that, and to regulate it out of the system you're not going to have a system that even remotely resembles anything in modern times.

Saying that the system "can't" be allowed to collapse is neither here nor there in this argument, it's just a by-the-by (actually they could be allowed to collapse, but it's almost certainly not the best out come short term or medium term).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without knowing much about this sort of thing, I'd say I know enough to be able to tell that the majority of people in this thread don't really know what they're on about.

Without knowing much about this sort of thing, I'd say I know enough to be able to tell that the majority of people in this thread don't really know what they're on about.

No one does, which is what makes the entire thing even more silly.

All these billions being pumped in, and it's no better or worse than someone crossing their fingers and buying a lottery ticket (ok the odds are probably a bit better :D ), and a lottery ticket whose payout depends on how the shopkeeper is feeling at the moment you buy it, or maybe if it's sunny/cloudy/rainy outside. :)

Its quite simple Alex. Banks wont lend to each other / other businesses because they don't know how exposed they are to the sub prime toxic debt.

This debt should never have been allowed to be traded in the first place. Any small amount of regulation / common sense would have prevented any instrument with house prices as an underlying being traded as AAA rated.

The system is now seized up. This affects every business and pretty much every person in society. Lets just hope the system grinds back into life soon.

Edited by Danny B

No one does, which is what makes the entire thing even more silly.

All these billions being pumped in, and it's no better or worse than someone crossing their fingers and buying a lottery ticket (ok the odds are probably a bit better :D ), and a lottery ticket whose payout depends on how the shopkeeper is feeling at the moment you buy it, or maybe if it's sunny/cloudy/rainy outside. :)

You're one of the few I wasn't referring to btw.

I'm just happy to have guided the diatribe away from the poor downtrodden single parents and onto the real criminals.

:D

I'm just happy to have guided the diatribe away from the poor downtrodden single parents and onto the real criminals.

A man after my own heart. :)

If your job is to make profit for the organisation who pays you and you are breaking no laws by doing so...would you not do the same?

If your job is to make profit for the organisation who pays you and you are breaking no laws by doing so...would you not do the same?

Because I will hunt you down. :)

:)

And it's to your credit sir :D

Shit pun intended btw.

I'm just happy to have guided the diatribe away from the poor downtrodden single parents with Sky super titanium plus premium whamo pack and onto the real criminals.

Actually 33% of the UK debt is for Sky subscriptions. They've killed us all. :D

That was pretty much my point, only with them getting massively rich as well as added temptation.

A man after my own heart. :nufc:

I'm all for social support, I just think that the current system is :D (and actively encourages "I'm entitled to not work"-ness, not just in a person, but as a way of life for generations now), and what is worse is that every person that plays it, means there's someone that really needs it being short changed in the end.

It's like car insurance compensation (or banking and share dealing frankly), the ONLY people that benefit are people that criminally play the system, everyone else is paying more and getting less.

I'm all for social support, I just think that the current system is :D (and actively encourages "I'm entitled to not work"-ness, not just in a person, but as a way of life for generations now), and what is worse is that every person that plays it, means there's someone that really needs it being short changed in the end.

It's like car insurance compensation (or banking and share dealing frankly), the ONLY people that benefit are people that criminally play the system, everyone else is paying more and getting less.

:) The system could be better anyway. It'll never be 'perfect' however.

I'm just happy to have guided the diatribe away from the poor downtrodden single parents with Sky super titanium plus premium whamo pack and onto the real criminals.

That's the real shame for the downtrodden proletariat. We spend what disposable income we can beg borrow or steal on Sky TV, B&H and victory gin. The impossibility of escape leads to a desparation to forget, so we distract ourselves with vices that kill the mind and body.

When the choice is worrying about which crook to vote for when they're both the same, or watching deadliest catch with a bine and a beer there's only one way to go.

Or something.

Edited by Happy Face

That's the real shame for the downtrodden proletariat. We spend what disposable income we can beg borrow or steal on Sky TV, B&H and victory gin. The impossibility of escape leads to a desparation to forget, so we distract ourselves with vices that kill the mind and body.

When the choice is worrying about which crook to vote for when they're both the same or watching deadliest catch with a bine and a beer there's only one way to go.

Or something.

4 legs good 2 legs bad. :nufc:

When the choice is worrying about which crook to vote for when they're both the same, or watching deadliest catch with a bine and a beer there's only one way to go.

Or something.

You're spot on though. And the only thing that boiled my piss about the description in the OP of the single mother was the fatha ducking out of his responsibilities.

When the choice is worrying about which crook to vote for when they're both the same or watching deadliest catch with a bine and a beer there's only one way to go.

Or something.

4 legs good 2 legs bad. :nufc:

4 Legs good 2 Legs Better <_<

Yeah it will never be, but it certainly could be a lot, lot better. The numbers on incapacity alone are beyond belief.

You're spot on though. And the only thing that boiled my piss about the description in the OP of the single mother was the fatha ducking out of his responsibilities.

That's another double edge sword, and is why the CSA is both completely useless and a brutal tyrant with powers that would have made Himmler wrt himself.

Yeah it will never be, but it certainly could be a lot, lot better. The numbers on incapacity alone are beyond belief.

That's another double edge sword, and is why the CSA is both completely useless and a brutal tyrant with powers that would have made Himmler wrt himself.

You mean CMEC?

:nufc:

The girl was clearly a nice women. She really looked after her daughter very well. Yes, the father was a fucking bum by the sounds of it who didnt deserve the daughter he had.

Yes I dont know if it was on HP or if she had people buy her things, but when she says "Oh Ive booked flights to NZ for March, fuck it why not" and then when we were out, she tried to get cash out and couldnt as she didnt have any.

Now, I have always been taught not to spend what you dont have. So if she is booking Flights, shit hot Sky TV, Nice lappy, nice phones etc where the fuck is all this coming from?

Now, this girl was clearly trying to get off her backside and she is doing A-Levels and trying to do better for her daughter. BUT, how many out there do fuck all like the babys father?