Have you ever booed

Douggy B

The worst thing that happened to the mobile phone anal hoarder was winning Young Player of The Year. There's never been a winner less deserving. He played reasonably in some games 2002/2003, and scored a cracking goal against Man Utd, but largely the award was a farce. From that moment forward he started believing his own hype, and clearly believed he was better than he was.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing that happened to the mobile phone anal hoarder was winning Young Player of The Year. There's never been a winner less deserving. He played reasonably in some games 2002/2003, and scored a cracking goal against Man Utd, but largely the award was a farce. From that moment forward he started believing his own hype, and clearly believed he was better than he was.

The only thing I'd say about that is that the PFA awards are a bit strange due to the votes being in well before the end of the season (something like January iirc). From when he signed in Jan 2002, he was excellent up until the end of the season. He also started 2002-03 well but his form seemed to tail off a bit and, like you say, he was never the same player again (for us, anyway). With that in mind, getting that award for the period Jan 2002- Jan 2003, it was probably fair enough.

The only thing I'd say about that is that the PFA awards are a bit strange due to the votes being in well before the end of the season (something like January iirc). From when he signed in Jan 2002, he was excellent up until the end of the season. He also started 2002-03 well but his form seemed to tail off a bit and, like you say, he was never the same player again (for us, anyway). With that in mind, getting that award for the period Jan 2002- Jan 2003, it was probably fair enough.

No, the nominees are usually announced beginning of April, and are based on the present season, the winners announced later that week generally. He was promising from when he signed in the January to the end of the season certainly nothing more than that. The next season he played some reasonable games, culminating in that goal, as I said he was the least deserving player of that award there's ever been.

I know they're announced near the season end but I was under the impression the votes were taken quite a lot earlier in the season. Maybe that used to be the case or something. I wouldn't disagree with what you said about Jenas anyway. He was a nothing player for us.

two pand a pand

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Hand on heart and I'm not saying Guthrie is a great player, because he's not, but I'd rather have him than Gay Gay.

Oh dear.

But then you did say you would rather have Carragher than Vidic in your side.

You can say all the fuck you want about Jenas and his time at Spurs, Danny, but the fact of the matter is he was a cunt in his last year or so here and epitomised the attitude of the wankers on the pitch at the time that ended up undermining the best manager this club's seen for years and one of Britain's all-time great blokes.

two pand a pand

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Hand on heart and I'm not saying Guthrie is a great player, because he's not, but I'd rather have him than Gay Gay.

Oh dear.

Definitely. Put Vidic alongside Boumsong or Ricardo Rocha we'll see how good he is.

You can say all the fuck you want about Jenas and his time at Spurs, Danny, but the fact of the matter is he was a cunt in his last year or so here and epitomised the attitude of the wankers on the pitch at the time that ended up undermining the best manager this club's seen for years and one of Britain's all-time great blokes.

I think people club Jenas and Dyer in together in that whole sad saga, when recent events since have proved who the bad apple really was.

I think people club Jenas and Dyer in together in that whole sad saga, when recent events since have proved who the bad apple really was.

How have recent events proved that?

two pand a pand

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Oh dear.

Definitely. Put Vidic alongside Boumsong or Ricardo Rocha we'll see how good he is.

Where as Carra has had to play with some right tripe hasn't he :D

Come on, if there is a football scandal kicking off one of them is always there or there abouts.

two pand a pand

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Oh dear.

Aye they're building a wax work of Traore in Madame Tusard's as we speak.

Come on, if there is a football scandal kicking off one of them is always there or there abouts.

Bit unfair on Dyer was all I thought. Given he's been fucked of late due to a freak injury. As for Jenas, there was more to SBR being undermined than the young players at the club not respecting him. The board and some of the senior pros were also culpable. Some of it was down to SBR too imo although that's not a particularly popular view.

Back to Jenas though, what's he been like when the chips have been down this season? Because that's when he's normally at his most anonymous.

Bit unfair on Dyer was all I thought. Given he's been fucked of late due to a freak injury. As for Jenas, there was more to SBR being undermined than the young players at the club not respecting him. The board and some of the senior pros were also culpable. Some of it was down to SBR too imo although that's not a particularly popular view.

Back to Jenas though, what's he been like when the chips have been down this season? Because that's when he's normally at his most anonymous.

The whole team have been bad. Had his best game so far against Hull, I hope it does signal he is getting back to form.

Last season at Christmas is the best I have seen him, he got injured during the cup final when fat frank stood on him and has not replicated it since.

When JJ plays well, we play well.

two pand a pand

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Oh dear.

Yeah right next to Wes Brown, Silvestre and John O'shea.

two pand a pand

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Oh dear.

Yeah right next to Wes Brown, Silvestre and John O'shea.

Three International class defenders regardless what the popular opinion is on JOS and MS, look beneath the surface. You are what I call a cunt. Well not just a cunt but a SKY fan who takes media comment and influence as gospel.

ha ha good old Stevie, proven wrong so he resorts to name calling.

You both seem to struggle with the notion of differing opinions tbf.

At least I attempt to back up my views with some kind of reasoning / argument.

You both seem to struggle with the notion of differing opinions tbf.

At least I attempt to back up my views with some kind of reasoning / argument.

See above.

Proven wrong how? More empty statements from the benefit claiming southerner.