You ever feared for your life at a match

bobbyshinton

Or around a match.

Spurs away in the cup was a nightmare :)

Shefff Wed. one year cannot rememeber the year but under the stand was like an accident waiting. :nufc:

Leeds one season arrived at the station got kicked to fuck. :D

Wallsall in the cup a wall fell on us. <_<

Chelsea coming out the groun, a massive reception comittee.

Spurs

First time I went to Hillsborough 80/81

Not at the match but after PSV in 97, went back to Amsterdam and managed do walk though 2 gangs of black lads having a serious fight.

Belgrade in 98 was decidedly dodgy.

That Spurs game was an utter shocker.

Travelling to away games from London in the early eighties was quite often unpleasant

I once mistakenly went into a pub full of leeds fans in Sheffield. Didnt realise until totally hemmed in. Worst 15 minutes of my life.

Coming out of West Ham by the old chicken run used to be fairly horrifying at the best of times. I once found myself at the front of the Newcastle fans facing a charge from West Ham. Everybody behind was screaming stand and fight.

At Maine Road once . there was all sorts coming over the fence. Darts coins bricks the lot. the bloke next to me was felled by a foot wide lump of concrete smack off the top of the head

Edited by spongebob toonpants

Ran the gaunlet through Sunderland from the little station to the SOS, that was fun. Bottles and bricks aplenty.

Pieces of rock were flying past our heads in the Stadio Delli Alpi.

Survived the "Battle of Breda", largely due to the fact I was in a bar watching through the window!!

Too young for good old fashioned hooliganism!!

Aye a few times, Man Utd at home in 1987, I couldn't move or breathe on the Gallowgate, crowd was given as about 35,000 felt like 45,000. Bizarely the other time was a non-event Division One game against Cambridge, think David Kelly got a hattrick I was at the back of the Gallowgate, and couldn't move at all really freaked me out and felt suffocated, I had no control of my movement for about 15 minutes.

Mackems away a few years ago, when Solano scored a pen and we won 1-0. I was sat in their end and would've been a lot more scared if my mam's partner (a mackem) hadn't been a few seats along, keeping an eye on me. Legged it right at the end when they had a goal disallowed and me and my mate forgot to keep quiet and burst out laughing.

I'd do it again like. :D

Mackems away a few years ago, when Solano scored a pen and we won 1-0. I was sat in their end and would've been a lot more scared if my mam's partner (a mackem) hadn't been a few seats along, keeping an eye on me. Legged it right at the end when they had a goal disallowed and me and my mate forgot to keep quiet and burst out laughing.

I'd do it again like. :D

Ditto. :)

Evening folks :D

Leicester away 92, last game of the season.....had to fight our way into and out of Filbert Street, and its the only time I remember us being on the

pitch in such numbers and being charged by police horses......a friend of a friend got blinded in one eye that day too :)

We got back to Gateshead and went for a kebab......where the (obviously sober) lad who was driving our bus put some gobshite mackems head through the window........horrible day really <_<

The football side of it was awesome, with us scoring in the last minute and staying up (even though we were safe anyway I seem to remember) then David Kelly running into the crowd at the end :nufc:

You're not Billy Furious are you? If so I was reading A Mag for All Seasons again on the way to work this morning and that bit about the bloke's eye was actually mentioned.

You're not Billy Furious are you? If so I was reading A Mag for All Seasons again on the way to work this morning and that bit about the bloke's eye was actually mentioned.

no...my mate used to work at the Gallowgate Brewery and the blinded lad worked there with him.....my mates not Billy Furious either........he's Davey from Walker :D

Was big news the lad gettin his eye put oot we even adapted a song cos of it. "We hate Nottingham Forest we hate Sunderland too AND LESTAAAH!" I scored an identical goal to Peacock's opener for my under 14 team the next day.

Edited by Stevie

Leeds, Boro, Cardiff, Seville.

All shockers.

Did you not claim a result for setting had to some curtains in a pub :D

ha ha, however not the stupidest claim I have ever heard. In 03 We played west ham in the league cup when they were div 1 in an evening kick off.

They turned up at midday and trashed some pubs (basically scaring a few landlords and the odd Ghanian mother on the high street) and claimed some kind of great victory.

Lots of bemused looking Spurs fans turned up about six hours later to survey the damage.

End of the railway tavern though :) , daft cockney slags.

For violence any match against Celtic or Rangers - Chelsea was tough in the 70's and millwall was always diabolic

for crowd problems I was at the Sunderland ManU FA Cup replay in the 60's when the gates went in at Joker and there were 120,000 people in the ground - all sitting along the touchline like the '23 Cup Final - scary.................

Me and a mate who was over from Newcastle went to see Feyenoord v NUFC in a pre-season friendly in De Kuip. I'd got tickets from a guy I know who must have thought "what a great joke to stick two Englishmen amongst 3000 Rotterdam hardmen".We were found out by being the only two who didn't jump when they scored the first goal.We had bottles,mobiles,sandwiches and even a boot thrown at us with uncanny precision.At half-time we had a visit from the local tribal chief who told us leave Rotterdam.After listening to my speech about it just being a friendly and brotherly love between two working class clubs,he gave us that great line from Escape from New York,you go now or you die,I see you in the away end you die,I see you after the match you die,you have 10 seconds.We of course did the manly thing and legged it.My shirt was wringing wet with spit,phlegm and probably piss as well before we made the exit.I took my revenge by having a shit in their carpark before heading back down south.

Me and a mate who was over from Newcastle went to see Feyenoord v NUFC in a pre-season friendly in De Kuip. I'd got tickets from a guy I know who must have thought "what a great joke to stick two Englishmen amongst 3000 Rotterdam hardmen".We were found out by being the only two who didn't jump when they scored the first goal.We had bottles,mobiles,sandwiches and even a boot thrown at us with uncanny precision.At half-time we had a visit from the local tribal chief who told us leave Rotterdam.After listening to my speech about it just being a friendly and brotherly love between two working class clubs,he gave us that great line from Escape from New York,you go now or you die,I see you in the away end you die,I see you after the match you die,you have 10 seconds.We of course did the manly thing and legged it.My shirt was wringing wet with spit,phlegm and probably piss as well before we made the exit.I took my revenge by having a shit in their carpark before heading back down south.

In other words you empted your kegs in their carpark :D

In other words you empted your kegs in their carpark :jesuswept:

:lol:

Basically, aye, it wasn't done by choice, more of a necessity I would say.

Spurs away in the cup was a nightmare :jesuswept:

If you're referring to the match in 1987 then I concur...

Could easily have been a Hillsborough situation.