NUFC sale "progressing extremely well"

smoggeordie

Debt free. Apart from the loan of £40+m to pay back to Ashley, of course; a mere technicality!

:) The debt is now equity, which is more efficient for a prospective buyer.

Its canny basic stuff this.

What about the extra £50m-80m? Debtquity? :nufc:

I would have a thought a know-all like you wouldnt need to ask such basic questions.

See my sig. :) and :D (although you do need an apostrophe in there <_<)

Debt free. Apart from the loan of £40+m to pay back to Ashley, of course; a mere technicality!

What about the extra £50m-80m? Debtquity? :nufc:

I would have a thought a know-all like you wouldnt need to ask such basic questions.

See my sig. :) and :D (although you do need an apostrophe in there <_<)

Never have sigs turned on.

What about the extra £50m-80m? Debtquity? <_<

See my sig. :( and :D (although you do need an apostrophe in there :))

So much of life is just passing you by. :nufc:

Seymour Pierce chairman Keith Harris is hoping to receive firm offers for Newcastle as he looks for a new owner for the club.

Harris is brokering the sale of Newcastle after he was appointed last month by current owner Mike Ashley to identify potential buyers for the Tyneside outfit.

Ashley is determined to sell the club after coming under fire from supporters following the resignation of former manager Kevin Keegan.

Harris has revealed there are seven parties interested in gaining control at St James' Park and he admits the club's new owners are likely to come from abroad.

A Nigerian and South African consortium have been strongly linked with takeover bids, but Harris says neither party have shown serious interest.

Interest

""I think it's certainly likely that the next owner of Newcastle United will come away from these shores," Harris told Sky Sports News. "Whether it is from the Middle East is another matter, but I think it is a reasonable assumption to say the new owner will not be a Brit.

"We have had now for seven or eight days seven seriously interested parties and within that group we have taken the chance now to start honing down the list.

"So far nobody has dropped out and we have been asking people to begin to sharpen their pencils.

"They are not from these shores. There is a strong international element to them and that is not surprising as clearly wealth has been generated away from these shores more than it has been within these shores

"The Premiership is a major entertainment and TV content provider throughout the world, increasingly in the United States and is very well established in South East Asia, China, in India and certainly in the Middle East.

"And I don't think you would be surprised if the nationality of the new owner were to come from any of those parts of the world."

Harris admitted he had spoken to some parties from Nigeria and South Africa, but he admits they are among the seven parties they are currently talking to.

"I have read about it [the Nigerian and South African interest] just like a lot of other people have and I think we have to distinguish between interest and serious interest," added Harris.

"We have certainly had people talk to us from those parts of the world but we haven't deemed them to be serious interest because the one or two very simple criteria we have asked people to come up with haven't been established."

No pre-condition

Harris also revealed that none of the seven interested parties had indicated that they would want Keegan to return as manager if they were to buy the club.

"Nobody has said to us it is a condition for us to go forward and frankly Joe Kinnear has done a pretty good job in a short period of time," noted Harris.

"Whoever the new owner will be, it will be their choice of the management team of running the business off the field and running the business on the field.

"There is a wealth of management talent available but no one has said it is a pre-condition that it is this manager, that manager or any other manager.

Asked what were the chances of Keegan making a return to Newcastle, Harris said: "That is impossible to predict that.

"We haven't even had discussions with the parties that have expressed an interest in buying the business as to who the new manager will be so I can't predict that."

What about the extra £50m-80m? Debtquity? <_<

See my sig. :( and :D (although you do need an apostrophe in there :))

So much of life is just passing you by. :nufc:

Unless your sig reads 'Actually, I am a twat", I highly doubt it.

What about the extra £50m-80m? Debtquity? :(

See my sig. :tease: and :D (although you do need an apostrophe in there :panic:)

So much of life is just passing you by. :)

Unless your sig reads 'Actually, I am a twat", I highly doubt it.

That's just taken as read. <_<

That's quite a range.

That's quite a profit too. :nufc: