Mexico

trophyshy

I would bet a million quid Rob W has been, if there's a place worth going to he's been, he's been to places we don't even know existed man, he makes Alan Whicker look like a high rise flat hermit.

Thought La Paz was Bolivia

I would bet a million quid Rob W has been, if there's a place worth going to he's been, he's been to places we don't even know existed man, he makes Alan Whicker look like a high rise flat hermit.

Thought La Paz was Bolivia

I think he means the one in Mexico :D

Got married in Cancun in April, have to say it was superb (so much so I'm going back next May).

We went for the simple things, beaches, sun, tequila, more tequila but found that when we went to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza it was absolutuely amazing.

The people we encountered were really friendly, supposed its a given due to the tourism there (though some of the customer service you get in UK hotels would suggest the 2 don't go hand in hand!).

Can't say anything on the rest of Mexico as we were not on a country tour, but Cancun comes highly recommended

Been a couple of times. Been to Cancun which is canny, though has a feeling that its identity has been moulded by influence from the north. But a better place I thought was an hour down the road Playa del Carmen. Both of these are in the Yucatan peninsula (sticky out bit!) and near places like Chitzen Itza (Mayan pyramids), Tulum (another archaeology site but has a great river you can swim down into the sea, loads of fish and odd shaped swimmy things). Also Xel ha which is a big zoo.

All in all, I find it a great place with loads to do, especially if you live diving/snorkling etc.

If you are going to the Yucatan then Id def recommend those three but also go up to Cancun and do the speedboat treck through the mangroves (usually with some snorkling), you have one boat per couple.

If 'From Dusk til Dawn' is anything to go by you might want to give the 'Titty Twister' a miss... - especially after hours :D

Was a bit disappointed that there was no Titty Twister theme bar in Cancun.

Coco-Bongo (Jim Carrey's club) was freaking awesome though

If 'From Dusk til Dawn' is anything to go by you might want to give the 'Titty Twister' a miss... - especially after hours :)

Fucking hell can you imagine it? Salma Hayek lookalike serving the beers and Cheech on the door?

The rest of Mexico would be empty :D

If 'From Dusk til Dawn' is anything to go by you might want to give the 'Titty Twister' a miss... - especially after hours :)

Fucking hell can you imagine it? Salma Hayek lookalike serving the beers and Cheech on the door?

Wasn't Kelly from Saved by the Bell in the second one (or was it the third???)

If 'From Dusk til Dawn' is anything to go by you might want to give the 'Titty Twister' a miss... - especially after hours :nufc:

Can't say I've ever seen the sequels like... The first one was a pretty shocking film as it was... :)

The people we encountered were really friendly, supposed its a given due to the tourism there (though some of the customer service you get in UK hotels would suggest the 2 don't go hand in hand!).

I can't wait for the tourism industry in this country to get thoroughly shafted by Le Grand Crunch Creditois, as long as it plays into the hands of those who actually provide some value for the tourist euro-buck. As it stands, I always feel a bit embarrassed by the appeal this place has to Johnny Foreigner and the horrendous price/performance ratio he gets once he actually arrives.

If 'From Dusk til Dawn' is anything to go by you might want to give the 'Titty Twister' a miss... - especially after hours :nufc:

Can't say I've ever seen the sequels like... The first one was a pretty shocking film as it was... :)

I'll make sure not to watch it while I'm there. :)<_<

I can't wait for the tourism industry in this country to get thoroughly shafted by Le Grand Crunch Creditois, as long as it plays into the hands of those who actually provide some value for the tourist euro-buck. As it stands, I always feel a bit embarrassed by the appeal this place has to Johnny Foreigner and the horrendous price/performance ratio he gets once he actually arrives.

Spot on.

Went to Isla Mujeres, an island off Cancun. Loved it. Great beaches and simple way of life.

Oh and beachside margaritas for 25p!!!!

Is that the island with the turtle sanctory and Dolphin park?

Can't remember which island it was with those on, but that was a fun day - bloody hot on the old bikes but great fun (and I got to swim with Bull sharks)

Went to Isla Mujeres, an island off Cancun. Loved it. Great beaches and simple way of life.

Can't remember which island it was with those on, but that was a fun day - bloody hot on the old bikes but great fun (and I got to swim with Bull sharks)

That's the one.. Most people go there for a day trip from Cancun, but me and the missus skipped Cancun and stayed on the island for a week.

You can hire golf carts and tour the island..

You're right about the weather, it was amazing whilst we were there.

That's the one.. Most people go there for a day trip from Cancun, but me and the missus skipped Cancun and stayed on the island for a week.

You can hire golf carts and tour the island..

You're right about the weather, it was amazing whilst we were there.

The smell coming from the little cafe/restaurants around the main (only) 'town' on the island was lip wetting (steady boys!). Some of the fish they were cooking looked devine.

Planning on spending an evening there with the missus next year to sample some of the food and drink.