Sir Les Set For Toon Return

Craig

SIR Les Ferdinand is making a long-awaited return to St James' Park with the Newcastle United legend staging a sportsman's lunch on October 24 at St. James' Park to help raise funds and awareness for charity Boots for Africa.

The national campaign aims to donate thousands of pairs of football boots to disadvantaged children in South Africa ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

Sir Les, who is a patron of the charity, will be holding a question and answer session with attendees at the lunch, which will take place on the eve of United's derby trip to Sunderland.

Viz comic creator Simon Donald will be the host at the event and limited edition Boots for Africa boot bags will be available to buy for a suggested donation of £3 each. All funds generated will be used to help deliver pairs of boots to children in Africa.

United winger Damien Duff has already donated a signed pair of his boots to the appeal.

The appeal aims to collect and transport as many pairs of football boots as possible over the next three years and is the brainchild of Richard Tims, chairman of the world's oldest football club, Sheffield FC.

It is backed by FIFA, the Premier League and former Sports Minister Richard Caborn, as well as a host of sports stars, including Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and England legend Sir Geoff Hurst.

The campaign is appealing for any unwanted boots, astro-boots or football trainers as either individual or group donations.

The sportsman's lunch will take place between 12pm - 3pm in the Magpie Room at St James' Park. A table of ten is available for £500 with VIP packages priced at £750.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1419687,00.html

I know we all affectionately refer to him as 'Sir Les' but shouldn't an official publication such as the offical site(*) be vigilant when using such titles when they're not actually applicable?

IMO it's made all the more obvious by the fact they reference it twice and also that they mention someone who has actually been knighted (Sir Geoff Hurst).

* - on second thoughts, i'm not in the least bit surprised.

SIR Les Ferdinand is making a long-awaited return to St James' Park with the Newcastle United legend staging a sportsman's lunch on October 24 at St. James' Park to help raise funds and awareness for charity Boots for Africa.

The national campaign aims to donate thousands of pairs of football boots to disadvantaged children in South Africa ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

Sir Les, who is a patron of the charity, will be holding a question and answer session with attendees at the lunch, which will take place on the eve of United's derby trip to Sunderland.

Viz comic creator Simon Donald will be the host at the event and limited edition Boots for Africa boot bags will be available to buy for a suggested donation of £3 each. All funds generated will be used to help deliver pairs of boots to children in Africa.

United winger Damien Duff has already donated a signed pair of his boots to the appeal.

The appeal aims to collect and transport as many pairs of football boots as possible over the next three years and is the brainchild of Richard Tims, chairman of the world's oldest football club, Sheffield FC.

It is backed by FIFA, the Premier League and former Sports Minister Richard Caborn, as well as a host of sports stars, including Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and England legend Sir Geoff Hurst.

The campaign is appealing for any unwanted boots, astro-boots or football trainers as either individual or group donations.

The sportsman's lunch will take place between 12pm - 3pm in the Magpie Room at St James' Park. A table of ten is available for £500 with VIP packages priced at £750.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1419687,00.html

I know we all affectionately refer to him as 'Sir Les' but shouldn't an official publication such as the offical site(*) be vigilant when using such titles when they're not actually applicable?

IMO it's made all the more obvious by the fact they reference it twice and also that they mention someone who has actually been knighted (Sir Geoff Hurst).

* - on second thoughts, i'm not in the least bit surprised.

With the rumours he could come back in a coaching capacity, that was an awful headline. It's like those idiots on the toon footy mad site yesterday they put something on newsnow: KEVIN COMING BACK!!!! - and it was about some 17 Danish trialist coming back for more trials.

They should stick the 'Sir' bit in inverted commas like. Whoever wrote that probably thinks he actually has been knighted though :D

My money's on that cock-knocker Craig Hope... :)

They should stick the 'Sir' bit in inverted commas like. Whoever wrote that probably thinks he actually has been knighted though :D

It is. He does all the written content.

Quelle surprise!

Quelle surprise!

Do you know him?

They should stick the 'Sir' bit in inverted commas like. Whoever wrote that probably thinks he actually has been knighted though :)

My money's on that cock-knocker Craig Hope... :nufc:

Quelle surprise!

Do you know him?

We know you do.

*cough* Baines *cough* :D

They should stick the 'Sir' bit in inverted commas like. Whoever wrote that probably thinks he actually has been knighted though :)

My money's on that cock-knocker Craig Hope... :nufc:

Quelle surprise!

Do you know him?

We know you do.

*cough* Baines *cough* :D

I don't know him that well, but he's not a total cunt or anything.