Keegan to Sue!?!

tooner

I think he's every right to take legal advice. He owes the club nothing and their previous statements (before he walked) combined with what was said since he went has confirmed that he wasn't being allowed to work within the terms of his employment.

some people seem to be labouring under the mis-aprehension that he shouldn't sue for fear of damaging the club. He has a right to do so IMO.

Yes...he should take us for every penny he can get. He deserves it after all. Ruud Gullitt was such a mug for not getting hsi fair share of the NUFC cash cow really.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's every right to take legal advice. He owes the club nothing and their previous statements (before he walked) combined with what was said since he went has confirmed that he wasn't being allowed to work within the terms of his employment.

some people seem to be labouring under the mis-aprehension that he shouldn't sue for fear of damaging the club. He has a right to do so IMO.

Yes...he should take us for every penny he can get. He deserves it after all. Ruud Gullitt was such a mug for not getting hsi fair share of the NUFC cash cow really.

People praised Gullit for walking away with nothing and slaughtered both Souness and Allardyce for hanging around for massive pay offs, but because it's Keegan they think he should take the club for every penny he can get.

Laughable.

The difference is that Gullit, Souness and Fat Sam were all shite managers who harmed the club and got what they ultimately deserved.

That isn't the case with Keegan. Although you can keep trying to paint him as the villain here if it floats your boat.

People praised Gullit for walking away with nothing and slaughtered both Souness and Allardyce for hanging around for massive pay offs, but because it's Keegan they think he should take the club for every penny he can get.

Laughable.

No.. it's not because it's Keegan it's because of the terms of his employment. It could have been anybody in his position and I'd still maintain they'd have a right to follow the legal path.

The three names you mentioned all left on the grounds that they were not good enough. Keegan left for entirely different reasons.

Laughable.

No.. it's not because it's Keegan it's because of the terms of his employment. It could have been anybody in his position and I'd still maintain they'd have a right to follow the legal path.

The three names you mentioned all left on the grounds that they were not good enough. Keegan left for entirely different reasons.

Doesn't change the fact that Gullitt could have screwed us for cash if he wanted. He didn't because of his pride and honour. I will always respect him for that if nothing else.

Laughable.

In which case, why didn't he try taking the club to court for libel over the infamous, "It is a fact that..." statement?

If what was said in that statement was true, in that Keegan knew he had to go to Wise, Jimenez, etc. then I can't see how Keegan has a leg to stand on, would he?

It's all if's and but's because none of us really know the terms of his contract or what he was really promised in terms of control. I think it's clear though given his own silence on the matter that there are legal wranglings going on.

Hopefully though before this gets off the ground (if any of it is indeed true) the club will be sold and he will be re installed because I think that would be the best for all concerned.

I disagree with you there. He had such a good relationship with the fans BECAUSE he understood them. He would say what he felt and told us the truth. If he feels we don't have a right to know what happened in order for him to take a payout from the club then I'd argue that greatly tarnishes his reputation.

Of course he feels that he was mistreated by Ashley, but over the last few months, he's not been giving us the whole story and now he's not saying anything.

If and when the club is sold, he would more than likely have been reinstated on a good salary. Now it seems he's more concerned about this payout. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it harder to walk back into the club than he may have thought.

Laughable.

Doesn't change the fact that Gullitt could have screwed us for cash if he wanted. He didn't because of his pride and honour. I will always respect him for that if nothing else.

And it doesn't change the fact that he left because he was shit, NOT because he was not allowed to work under the terms of his employment.

Yes I have respect for Gullit for not going for compensation, but the two situations are hardly comparable.

I disagree with you there. He had such a good relationship with the fans BECAUSE he understood them. He would say what he felt and told us the truth. If he feels we don't have a right to know what happened in order for him to take a payout from the club then I'd argue that greatly tarnishes his reputation.

Of course he feels that he was mistreated by Ashley, but over the last few months, he's not been giving us the whole story and now he's not saying anything.

If and when the club is sold, he would more than likely have been reinstated on a good salary. Now it seems he's more concerned about this payout. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it harder to walk back into the club than he may have thought.

Based on what exactly?

He still owes the club nothing. Thanks largely to him, we're a Premiership outfit with a 52,000 all seater ground and have enjoyed the good times for the past 15 years.

What does he owe us? An explanation? That'll come in time - those who thought he'd hit the press immediately and speak up are very naive. He'll talk... eventually, but IMO it'll be longer than the 12 months it took him to talk the last time he left the job.

Laughable.

I see the anti-Keegan brigade are already out :) - nothing has happened as of yet, and given the alleged clause in his contract he's BOUND to stay quiet no matter what till that is settled.

Out of interest in what ways were Fat Sam and Souness as good or better than Keegan? Or Gullit for that matter?

Also why is it fine for Ashley to make £50-80m of pure profit (down from nearly £250m that he was trying to make) out of this debacle (of his own making) and yet Keegan would be the :D for fighting back (if indeed he is)?

Edited by Fop

Some on here wouldn't believe it even if there were pictures of him walking into court.

I think it could be (although picture of him doing so only prove he's there not what he/they are after :D), you don't go into a legal fight about dismissal armed with a plastic spoon (especially when the other side has already tried to swing a sledgehammer at you), but equally at the moment there's nothing concrete.

Laughable.

And it doesn't change the fact that he left because he was shit, NOT because he was not allowed to work under the terms of his employment.

Yes I have respect for Gullit for not going for compensation, but the two situations are hardly comparable.

Is the correct answer :D

Some on here wouldn't believe it even if there were pictures of him walking into court.

Martin Jol was unavailable for comment.

German wit?

How much was his payoff?

10m

Based on what exactly?

I'm not sure what you mean.

If you're referring to the fact that this story isn't necessarily true then fair enough. I'm basing my opinion on speculation that this is what he's doing. For the last few months everyone on the board was taking a "the press are just stirring" line when in reality a lot of what they were saying was true.

If you're referring to my opinion that he might find it hard to walk straight back into a job that he left without a single word then I stand by it. I'd have loved to have seen him continue the good work he was doing, but what if Joe Kinnear gets results. What about the players he said he didn't want? What about the people who trusted every word he said over the summer? My heart still wants him back but as time goes on, the reality is that his automatic return seems more and more arrogant on his part.

Like many have said here, Gullitt just upped and left. No messing, no compensation. A long protracted legal battle doesn't benefit anyone apart from Keegan if he gets his payout.

Based on what exactly?

If you're referring to the fact that this story isn't necessarily true then fair enough. I'm basing my opinion on speculation that this is what he's doing. For the last few months everyone on the board was taking a "the press are just stirring" line when in reality a lot of what they were saying was true.

If you're referring to my opinion that he might find it hard to walk straight back into a job that he left without a single word then I stand by it. I'd have loved to have seen him continue the good work he was doing, but what if Joe Kinnear gets results. What about the players he said he didn't want? What about the people who trusted every word he said over the summer? My heart still wants him back but as time goes on, the reality is that his automatic return seems more and more arrogant on his part.

Like many have said here, Gullitt just upped and left. No messing, no compensation. A long protracted legal battle doesn't benefit anyone apart from Keegan if he gets his payout.

To be honest, I agree with some of that. It's the suggestion that he's more bothered about the payoff than anything else purely based on hearsay though? I mean, are we to assume that because the press were right about unrest at the club means they're right about every piece of shite they ever write from now on?

Based on what exactly?

Red herring wonderland.