Keegan to Sue!?!

tooner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's every right to take legal advice. He owes the club nothing and their previous statements (before he walked) combined with what was said since he went has confirmed that he wasn't being allowed to work within the terms of his employment.

some people seem to be labouring under the mis-aprehension that he shouldn't sue for fear of damaging the club. He has a right to do so IMO.

I disagree with you there. He had such a good relationship with the fans BECAUSE he understood them. He would say what he felt and told us the truth. If he feels we don't have a right to know what happened in order for him to take a payout from the club then I'd argue that greatly tarnishes his reputation.

Of course he feels that he was mistreated by Ashley, but over the last few months, he's not been giving us the whole story and now he's not saying anything.

If and when the club is sold, he would more than likely have been reinstated on a good salary. Now it seems he's more concerned about this payout. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it harder to walk back into the club than he may have thought.

Based on what exactly?

I'm not sure what you mean.

If you're referring to the fact that this story isn't necessarily true then fair enough. I'm basing my opinion on speculation that this is what he's doing. For the last few months everyone on the board was taking a "the press are just stirring" line when in reality a lot of what they were saying was true.

If you're referring to my opinion that he might find it hard to walk straight back into a job that he left without a single word then I stand by it. I'd have loved to have seen him continue the good work he was doing, but what if Joe Kinnear gets results. What about the players he said he didn't want? What about the people who trusted every word he said over the summer? My heart still wants him back but as time goes on, the reality is that his automatic return seems more and more arrogant on his part.

Like many have said here, Gullitt just upped and left. No messing, no compensation. A long protracted legal battle doesn't benefit anyone apart from Keegan if he gets his payout.

Red herring wonderland.

It could be that Keegan is just keeping legal action as an option in case Ashley threatens to sue Keegan for walking out, as there was a £2m penalty for doing so. If that's the case I would back KK 100%.

Win or lose I think it proves he doesnt have the best interest of NUFC fans at heart.

If he's got a case for unfair dismissal, he's got a case for unfair dismissal. It's as simple as that really. I don't really see why he should walk away from a load of money if that is the case. Given most of the fans back him, I don't see the problem in it. And I presume you're on the wind-up as usual but anyway, you seem to want it both ways. On one hand we're the deluded ones who put Keegan on a pedestal and yet you're suggesting he shouldn't take legal action purely of the fans.

Win or lose I think it proves he doesnt have the best interest of NUFC fans at heart.

If he's got a case for unfair dismissal, he's got a case for unfair dismissal. It's as simple as that really. I don't really see why he should walk away from a load of money if that is the case. Given most of the fans back him, I don't see the problem in it. And I presume you're on the wind-up as usual but anyway, you seem to want it both ways. On one hand we're the deluded ones who put Keegan on a pedestal and yet you're suggesting he shouldn't take legal action purely of the fans.

:D

I don't really think he's got much of a case tbh. If he has and he wins it good luck to him.

Not mutually exclusive in my opinion. Everybody says how KK is Newcastle through and through but he doesnt seem to mind taking millions out of the club.

He should have released a statement and written a book if he fancied making some money out of the whole affair.

Then it would be up to Ashley to make any legal moves if he didnt agree.

If KK loses this case it will prove he turned the back of the club in its hour of need and then tried to rinse it for all the money its worth.

He should become a hate figure but he won't.

I don't really think he's got much of a case tbh. If he has and he wins it good luck to him.

The LMA seem to think he has and they're privy to the facts (or at least a proper version of the events), unlike us, but really - who knows?

Not mutually exclusive in my opinion. Everybody says how KK is Newcastle through and through but he doesnt seem to mind taking millions out of the club.

He should have released a statement and written a book if he fancied making some money out of the whole affair.

If KK loses this case it will prove he turned the back of the club in its hour of need and then tried to rinse it for all the money its worth.

That's all based on pure speculation. You obviously didn't understand what I was getting at with the bit you bolded either.

That's all based on pure speculation. You obviously didn't understand what I was getting at with the bit you bolded either.

What is based on pure speculation?

That he's only interested in the money.

He could clear his name by releasing a statement. What else would he be interested in?

He could clear his name by releasing a statement. What else would he be interested in?

I would imagine winning a case for unfair dismissal would clear his name in a far more convincing manner than going to the press and putting your side forward. I wouldn't imagine he's naive enough to ignore any legal implications (unlike you apparently) and has taken advice from solicitors and the LMA on board.

I would imagine winning a case for unfair dismissal would clear his name in a far more convincing manner than going to the press and putting your side forward. I wouldn't imagine he's naive enough to ignore any legal implications (unlike you apparently) and has taken advice from solicitors and the LMA on board.

If he tells the truth there will be no implication. Last time I checked you couldnt get sued for telling the truth. The LMA will back any manager to do what is best for him (In this case getting a ruck of cash) this wont be however the best thing for NUFC.

Did Keegan through the LMA comment on the "It's a fact that..." statement? Can't remember.

Even if he did deny it, if what was said was false, then it wouldn't affect his claims for compensation. If what was said was true, then I can't see how he can claim anything.

If he tells the truth there will be no implication. Last time I checked you couldnt get sued for telling the truth. The LMA will back any manager to do what is best for him (In this case getting a ruck of cash) this wont be however the best thing for NUFC.

I wouldn't entirely disagree but I would go back to my previous point that it is completely unreasonable to expect someone who has been fucked over (more speculation, obviously) by an employer not to take legal recourse and to walk away from what is owed to them. He obviously (to my mind) loves the club and has the utmost respect for the fans but that doesn't extend to him just saying 'forget it.' And if he has been sticthed-up (as I believe he has) then the fans will back him in this (in general).It's also a better way of doing things than other things you suggest like selling his story / writing a book or whatever. And those options could have (potentially) a pretty large negative impact on the club too. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. By the likes of yourself anyway as we all know fine well you'd have slaughtered him if he'd done interviews for dosh all over the place after he left (and rightly so).

Did Keegan through the LMA comment on the "It's a fact that..." statement? Can't remember.

Even if he did deny it, if what was said was false, then it wouldn't affect his claims for compensation. If what was said was true, then I can't see how he can claim anything.

KK will act when he is ready and it will be with the aid of legal teams and long range scanning devices.

The LMA will always back one of their managers if he has some sort of a case, that's the whole point of their existence. That doesn't necessarily mean his case is strong enough to win, just that it's worth a go.

That's true mind. It was only a few months ago the PFA came out backing Joey Barton afterall.

It would be completely mental to go into a case like that having given away everything you intend to say and do.

Keegan's not a moron and I would hope he has better legal advice than that too.

The only sane option for Keegan is to say nothing until it's dealt with, only a complete fuckwit wouldn't be able to see that.

It would be completely mental to go into a case like that having given away everything you intend to say and do.

Keegan's not a moron and I would hope he has better legal advice than that too.

The only sane option for Keegan is to say nothing until it's dealt with, only a complete f*ckwit wouldn't be able to see that.

:D Hard work, as I said, if he loved the club he wouldnt be taking this to court full stop.