England was a circus before Capello.

Park Life

Rio Ferdinand much prefers the current England set-up under the no-nonsense disciplinarian Fabio Capello to the soft-centred, celebrity-distracted circus it had become before the Italian took charge.

England defender and deputy captain Rio Ferdinand admits that the distractions surrounding the England team had turned it into a bit of a 'circus' before Fabio Capello took charge.

The 2006 World Cup in Germany saw the showbiz side of things running out of control when the squad were stationed at Baden-Baden and were accompanied by their wives and girlfriends, whose vacuous big-ticket shopping exploits were grabbing most of the headlines.

Forza Fabio!!

Edited by Park Life

Commented Ferdinand as he stepped out of his gold-plated Bentley :D

I do like the new approach though where no one is guaranteed their place.

The thing is he has winning habits and vast mental and tactical resources. If the likes of Rio and Rooney take even some of it into their skulls we should have good things to look forward to.

* I remember a doc about Rio where he went into a boutique and asked for the whole place to be delivered to his house. :)

Is Rio going to give all his MTV you've been Merked money back then? If england was a circus he was the ring master.

Pathetic.

Don't see how a player making positive comments about the England set up bothers you.

Is Rio going to give all his MTV you've been Merked money back then? If england was a circus he was the ring master.

Pathetic.

Don't see how a player making positive comments about the England set up bothers you.

It shouldn't take a manager like Capello coming in to make the players act like professionals.

don't want to get to carried away but we have been looking more like the team everybody feels we should be in the last few matches now that capello has had some time to settle

I'm also pretty impressed with how quickly hes learned english

Unless you're Gerrard or Lampard. Towards the end of the first half against Kazakhstan, I predicted Capello would bring Barry off and leave the Siamese twins on (caus he didn't have the balls to take one of them off instead); lo and behold....

Unless you're Gerrard or Lampard. Towards the end of the first half against Kazakhstan, I predicted Capello would bring Barry off and leave the Siamese twins on (caus he didn't have the balls to take one of them off instead); lo and behold....

Capello is the last person I'd accuse of not having balls tbh.

Bet your wife loves you like.

don't want to get to carried away but we have been looking more like the team everybody feels we should be in the last few matches now that capello has had some time to settle

There's not really been a test though, Croatia was lucky (it could have gone the other way several times - although you do need luck, of course) and pub teams don't count.

There's not really been a test though, Croatia was lucky (it could have gone the other way several times - although you do need luck, of course) and pub teams don't count.

So just about every base covered there, basically.

Weren't Croatia undefeated there in competitive games? That's test whether you consider it to be a lucky result or not, especially when it's the best side they've had since the great side they had in the mid-late 90s.

Edited by alex

Weren't Croatia undefeated there in competitive games? That's test whether you consider it to be a lucky result or not, especially when it's the best side they've had since the great side they had in the mid-late 90s.

It was something like 47 matches. :D

Pathetic.

shouldn't have a go at rio. he is one of the only players that actually performs

True dat.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/38719

A rapper from Burnage-this is set to eclipse everything Oasis ever did to put M19 on the map. :D

Pathetic.

shouldn't have a go at rio. he is one of the only players that actually performs

True dat.

A rapper from Burnage-this is set to eclipse everything Oasis ever did to put M19 on the map. :D

On Jim Davidson's old record label as well.

Pathetic.

True dat.

A rapper from Burnage-this is set to eclipse everything Oasis ever did to put M19 on the map. :jesuswept:

On Jim Davidson's old record label as well.

:lol:

PS

Ferdinand raps:

"This is Rio Ferdinand....

10 year-old-into-a-tape-recorder-tastic. Probably kept his fingers on 'record' and 'play' as he did it.

England didn't play well though, they just got a couple of rubs of the green and a final score that flattered.

The sign of a good team is winning when it's against you. We've not seen that at all.

Anyone that believes Capello has cracked it, is cracked at present. There's been no test. We're looking good to qualify for the WC, but then could quite happily go out straight away.

England didn't play well though, they just got a couple of rubs of the green and a final score that flattered.

The sign of a good team is winning when it's against you. We've not seen that at all.

Anyone that believes Capello has cracked it, is cracked at present. There's been no test. We're looking good to qualify for the WC, but then could quite happily go out straight away.

England did play well. I agree they got the rub of the green too. No one is saying he's cracked it though, are they? It was more the idea that playing the side ranked 5th or something by Fifa away on their patch (where they previously unbeaten) wasn't what you'd call a test. It most certainly was.

Commented Ferdinand as he stepped out of his gold-plated Bentley :jesuswept:

If she wants to keep the credit card yes.

Commented Ferdinand as he stepped out of his gold-plated Bentley :jesuswept:

If she wants to keep the credit card yes.

So she wears the trousers then.