Kinnear: I'd stay for life.

Jimbo

Strengthen the squad? What sort of madness is that? :jesuswept:

He's an old fashioned manager and doesn't understand how the system works yet. He'll be asked to put his transfer requests on a piece of paper and push them under Wisey's door a la Dave Bassett. Wisey will then eventually read them on the toilet, laugh and wipe his backside on them.

He's an old fashioned manager and doesn't understand how the system works yet. He'll be asked to put his transfer requests on a piece of paper and push them under Wisey's door a la Dave Bassett. Wisey will then eventually read them on the toilet, laugh and wipe his backside on them.

:lol:

Mike :lol:

It is the future.

Strengthen the squad? What sort of madness is that? B)

Mike :boogie:

Oh aye. I nearly said Harry actually ;)

Said all along that he was a permanent appointment.

I know this is easy for me to say living where I do but it seems like a lot of the fervency has gone out of our anti-Ashley feelings. Seems we've - as a whole, not saying everybody - accepted Ashley's line about selling and have settled down, just like he wanted us to. Meanwhile he's getting no closer to the door and we're getting no closer to ending the cockney grip on the club.

I literally don't care who's manager and who owns us if we're winning games, signing good players, keeping excellent players, playing well and looking forward. I'm not convinced Kinnear or Ashley are those people in the long term but if we're progressing, I won't lose any sleep.

Am I the only one who think JFK might actually do a respectable job?

He's doing a decent job and you can't really have any complaints about him, but equally it's both a perfect job for him (backs to the wall, bunker mentality fight back), and a bit of a win:win one (the quality of most of the players is ok, just the depth of the squad that is lacking - so long as we don't have a Roeder-type injury run a reasonable manager should hopefully be able to lift us out of the relegation zone. Which is all he has to aim for really, no challenging for Europe, or even top 1/2).

The annoying bit is, of course, that he's basically saying the same things about the squad as Keegan did, and as would any other reasonable or better manager. Except Mennis Wisehley. B)