TV presenter in harassment claim

Fop

_45118218_865643b4-be19-4494-b3d8-cc1955f36111.jpg

Kay Burley met Barry George when she interviewed him on TV

Sky News presenter Kay Burley has made an allegation of harassment against Barry George, the man acquitted of Jill Dando's murder, the BBC understands.

It follows a visit by Mr George to Ms Burley's workplace in West London.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a woman has made an allegation of harassment against a man, and we are investigating."

Ms Burley, 47, has been off work since Tuesday. A Sky spokesman said she hoped to return to work soon.

Ms Burley met Mr George when she interviewed him following his acquittal on appeal for the murder of BBC TV presenter Jill Dando.

Kay has been off work for a couple of days. But she's fine and we expect her back soon

Sky spokesman

Two weeks ago Mr George arrived at the Sky News headquarters in Osterley, west London.

A Sky source told the BBC: "Barry George came to the building and asked for a copy of the interview. Kay was not in that day and he didn't get past reception."

Barry George's spokesman said he needed to speak to him before he could make any comment.

'Collapsed in newsroom'

Ms Burley, who presents an afternoon news show for Sky, has not been seen on screen since she reportedly collapsed in the newsroom on Tuesday.

An ambulance and paramedics were called, but Ms Burley was not taken to hospital.

A Sky spokesman said: "Kay has been off work for a couple of days. But she's fine and we expect her back soon."

Privately, Sky sources are attempting to tone down newspaper speculation that stress caused by the alleged harassment may have been directly responsible for her illness.

Said a source: "People are saying the two things are linked, but that is not necessarily the case. The truth is that Kay has been feeling unwell and needs to rest for a couple of days."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7676036.stm

He's obviously not that reformed.

All aboard the bandwagon!

In fairness if you've being falsely imprison over the murder of a celebrity, have previous convictions for rape, sexual assault and harassment, and you can't even make it a year without harassing a female newsreader, it's not so much a bandwagon you need as a secure ambulance.

Conversely if you've just got away with murdering a celebrity, have previous convictions for rape, sexual assault and harassment, and you can't even make it a year without harassing a female newsreader, it's not so much a bandwagon you need as a secure ambulance.

Either way, he's not exactly poor vulnerable, reformed, absolute victim George/Barry/Spiderman.

I don't think anyone argued with the fact that the bloke had problems and probably should be cared for - that just wasn't any reason to think he was a murderer.

Shite photo of her as well - quite tidy when dolled up on Sky (I like redheads).

_45118218_865643b4-be19-4494-b3d8-cc1955f36111.jpg

Kay Burley met Barry George when she interviewed him on TV

Sky News presenter Kay Burley has made an allegation of harassment against Barry George, the man acquitted of Jill Dando's murder, the BBC understands.

It follows a visit by Mr George to Ms Burley's workplace in West London.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a woman has made an allegation of harassment against a man, and we are investigating."

Ms Burley, 47, has been off work since Tuesday. A Sky spokesman said she hoped to return to work soon.

Ms Burley met Mr George when she interviewed him following his acquittal on appeal for the murder of BBC TV presenter Jill Dando.

Kay has been off work for a couple of days. But she's fine and we expect her back soon

Sky spokesman

Two weeks ago Mr George arrived at the Sky News headquarters in Osterley, west London.

A Sky source told the BBC: "Barry George came to the building and asked for a copy of the interview. Kay was not in that day and he didn't get past reception."

Barry George's spokesman said he needed to speak to him before he could make any comment.

'Collapsed in newsroom'

Ms Burley, who presents an afternoon news show for Sky, has not been seen on screen since she reportedly collapsed in the newsroom on Tuesday.

An ambulance and paramedics were called, but Ms Burley was not taken to hospital.

A Sky spokesman said: "Kay has been off work for a couple of days. But she's fine and we expect her back soon."

Privately, Sky sources are attempting to tone down newspaper speculation that stress caused by the alleged harassment may have been directly responsible for her illness.

Said a source: "People are saying the two things are linked, but that is not necessarily the case. The truth is that Kay has been feeling unwell and needs to rest for a couple of days."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7676036.stm

He's obviously not that reformed.

Who said anything about him being reformed? He never hid the fact that he was a stalker and obsessed by women....

He simply claimed he didn't murder Jill Dando and the evidence backs up his claim.

WTF were Sky News at sending Kay Burley to interview him anyway? Surely a self-confessed stalker should have been interviewed by a bloke?

Who said anything about him being reformed? He never hid the fact that he was a stalker and obsessed by women....

He simply claimed he didn't murder Jill Dando and the evidence backs up his claim.

Well he did for one, as did his psychiatrist.

I don't think anyone argued with the fact that the bloke had problems and probably should be cared for - that just wasn't any reason to think he was a murderer.

Yup, he was convicted of sexual assault (several times) and rape (and two other reports of it), so no chance. :jesuswept:

Edited by Fop

Yup, he was convicted of sexual assault (several times) and rape (and two other reports of it), so no chance. :jesuswept:

As a completely amateur psychiatrist, I think however despicable sexual assaults or rapes obviously are, they show a different line of interest in someone than knocking on their door and shooting them dead.

Have you got a quote on that? During his recent re-trial it went on record that he confirmed he was a serial stalker.

Yup, he was convicted of sexual assault (several times) and rape (and two other reports of it), so no chance. :lol:

As a completely amateur psychiatrist, I think however despicable sexual assaults or rapes obviously are, they show a different line of interest in someone than knocking on their door and shooting them dead.

As a completely amateur psychiatrist, what line of interest do you pursue to lead to that end? :icon_lol:

Have you got a quote on that? During his recent re-trial it went on record that he confirmed he was a serial stalker.

Hmm... let me see.

"I know I have done wrong in the past and if I could go back in time and change that I would.

"I don't want to spend any more time in any of Her Majesty's holiday camps.

"I won't follow women anymore. I know it's wrong.

"I will be vigilant from now on. I am never going to give anyone the chance to send me away again. I have changed."

Want more? :jesuswept:

WTF were Sky News at sending Kay Burley to interview him anyway? Surely a self-confessed stalker should have been interviewed by a bloke?

well they've got another news cycle out of it...... so job done :jesuswept:

well they've got another news cycle out of it...... so job done :jesuswept:

A cynical viewpoint Fish.... but sadly, probably right.

Oh and Fop, feeding a line like that to the press in the wake of having your convection correctly quashed is not necessarily and admission of reform.

The bloke is an addicted stalker, like any other addiction saying you're intending to give up is a damned sight easier than going through with it. And don't sit there all high and mighty stating that you expected that line to be honourable.

Oh and Fop, feeding a line like that to the press in the wake of having your convection correctly quashed is not necessarily and admission of reform.

The bloke is an addicted stalker, like any other addiction saying you're intending to give up is a damned sight easier than going through with it. And don't sit there all high and mighty stating that you expected that line to be honourable.

Er... if that isn't a claim of reform (which was my point which you said was wrong - and it clearly wasn't) then nothing is. :jesuswept:

And his psychiatrist made a similar statement somewhere or other as well. :lol:

Trying to change your point to an apologists view of stalking is neither here nor there, I was right you were wrong, and he's what he always was.

(also is raping an "addiction" too? Will it be "ok" if he hasn't kicked that "habit" as well? :icon_lol: )

Amatuer being the right word. As a stalker / rapist he is motivated by feelings of power over his victims. As a stalker he could feel he is emotionally attached to his stalkee. If at any time he feels betrayed by his stalkee by her getting engaged perhaps then feelings of vengence could motivate him to commit straight murder.

Er... if that isn't a claim of reform (which was my point which you said was wrong - and it clearly wasn't) then nothing is. :icon_lol:

FYP etc.

Nothing, not even a direct claim of reform, is a claim of reform? :lol::jesuswept:

Trying to change your point to an apologists view of stalking is neither here nor there, I was right you were wrong, and he's what he always was.

Oh fuck off... :jesuswept:

My point has remained the same throughout.