Movember

Happy Face

I'm sure most of us have been affected by cancer. Personally, my dad (and LBW's) has just had a major operation and this week started a 24 week course of chemotherapy. It's the second time he's fought cancer. We've lost several other family members and close ones I'll not depress you with.

Anyway, Tacheback is very popular in September and raises funds/awareness for male cancer (I know people on here have taken part and got sponsored by Toontasticers) and now there's Movember which is doing the same for prostate cancer.

http://uk.movember.c...at-is-Movember/

I'm not looking for sponsorship though, far better to get everyone to take part and make a donation in doing so. Wouldn't it be a laugh to see an array of freshly shaved faces on here come November 1st followed by regular snapshots of everyones growing glory through the month?

You girls, get your fella, brother, dad, uncle, whoever to take part and hoy some money their way for the pleasure.

Join The Micky Quinn Appreciation Society using

http://uk.movember.c...team.php?join=1

Edited by Happy Face

I might do this Happy Face after the impact last year's Tacheback had. Have you already registered Happy Face?

I set of The Micky Quinn appreciation Society.

Not sure how to invite new recruits yet though...

Time for the worst excuse ever: I get really bad asthma when I let my facial hair grow for more than a few days. Seriously. :jesuswept: I am a rubbish excuse for a human being. But naturally I'll be happy to donate to anyone who's willing to make themselves look like a pillock for a good cause. :lol:

Time for the worst excuse ever: I get really bad asthma when I let my facial hair grow for more than a few days. Seriously. :jesuswept: I am a rubbish excuse for a human being. But naturally I'll be happy to donate to anyone who's willing to make themselves look like a pillock for a good cause. :lol:

Do you still think I don't have the power to grow one? :icon_lol:

Do you still think I don't have the power to grow one? :D

Reverse psychology, my dear boy. You ain't woman enough to be my man either. :icon_lol:

Do you still think I don't have the power to grow one? :D

Reverse psychology, my dear boy. You ain't woman enough to be my man either. :icon_lol:

:angry:

I know I should be going for my hat trick of taches and working in the charity sector I shouldn't really be bothered about doing it but with quite abit of important work going on over the next couple of works, including interviewing people for one of the magazines part of me is undecided.... :jesuswept:

I am trying to set up an interview with James McFadden or one of the other lads from the Scotland squad next month before our game against Argentina and my first thoughts was I would look a right numpty turning up to this with sporting a tache. That then got me thinking well if I told them why maybe it would get a few of them to put their hands in their pockets?

However moving on from this I wondered if I could set up the lads with those fake moustaches you get in the joke shops and get a photo with the squad which could generate a bit of PR surrounding this as I have a mate up here (who whilst I have not asked yet) is pro photgrapher and I think may get involved and take a pic of it.

With me working on a magazine at the moment it then got me thinking could we set a challenge to ourselves to get our pics taken with as many "tached" (real or fake) celebrities as possibile over the month of November to add a lil twist to this challenge?

*We could try and get the squad at St James Park for a similar photoshoot, not sure if we could maybe ask Ellie to get on board?*

I'm signed up to do this with work so I shall be going through the 'tache growing phase too :boogie:

some of the blokes entering it have had beards and moustaches for the whole 8 years i've worked there. I think it's going to be more odd seeing them clean shaven at the start of the month than it is me (and others) having moustaches at the end of it... B)

Well I'm in peeps.... time to make myself look ridiculous.

If anyone dares to want to sponsor me -

You can donate to my Mo by either:

Clicking this link https://www.movember.com/uk/donate/donate-d...&country=uk and donating online using your credit card or PayPal account, or

Writing a cheque payable to ‘The Prostate Cancer Charity Re: Movember', referencing my Registration Number 1497591 and mailing it to:

The Prostate Cancer Charity

First Floor Cambridge House

100 Cambridge Grove

Hammersmith

London W6 OLE

• 2 months later...