Newcastle v Man City

Guest Stevie

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on lads, how many of you thought it wasnt a pen at the time?

99% would have given it

I didn't, I said fk off Poll straight away, scroll back. So shut up.

straight away? Doesnt it take a few minutes for the pictures to reach Bangalor?

Yes, straight away. If your vision is fucked up, doesn't mean others follow suit.

Also I don't live in Bangalore, I live 5minutes from your joke of a club.

Why dont you support arsenal like the rest of the African and Asian plastics round there?

When you learn to use grammar, I will reply.

every1 on setanta says nee penalty. i bet the bastards dont overturn it

Except for the only one who was a referee, and he agreed that it was a penalty. Especially from where the ref was seeing it from. As he said, it can still be a foul even if there is a touch on the ball. And if it's a foul, then it's a red card. I think it was a fair enough decision from Styles. Maybe a little unlucky, but in no way is it an absolute clear cut call. Can't be too upset that it's gone against you, it was a very very risky move from Beye. Referee was seeing the back of the players, and from that angle, it's a penalty 95% of the time. Maybe if he saw it from the side he might not have given it, but even then, I'm pretty sure he would have given it and sent Beye off.

You can talk angles all you want. Beye got the ball, before he hit the man. Nevermind the angles. Thats why you have linesmen. It was NEVER a penalty. Risky or not. He pulled it of, but still they penalised him for it. It either a penalty or not a penalty. Not maybe, or might, or could have been, or nearly. It's yes or no.

It was a good decent last ditch tackle, and a shit call from Rob Styles.

The whole Robinho attitude, tells everything. Lying with one eye closed in pain, and another eye on the ref to see if he gave a dodgy penalty

I said to my friend today that 'I think we will win 3-2'. Lets hope it happens.

Clearly a lie.

Irony? Your the one who spends hours trolling on a football board. This is for a team you don't support.

Clearly a lie.

Irony? Your the one who spends hours trolling on a football board. This is for a team you don't support.

Considering I have been in Stoke all weekend with little or no internet connection. Try going to games. You might like it.

Except for the only one who was a referee, and he agreed that it was a penalty. Especially from where the ref was seeing it from. As he said, it can still be a foul even if there is a touch on the ball. And if it's a foul, then it's a red card. I think it was a fair enough decision from Styles. Maybe a little unlucky, but in no way is it an absolute clear cut call. Can't be too upset that it's gone against you, it was a very very risky move from Beye. Referee was seeing the back of the players, and from that angle, it's a penalty 95% of the time. Maybe if he saw it from the side he might not have given it, but even then, I'm pretty sure he would have given it and sent Beye off.

You can talk angles all you want. Beye got the ball, before he hit the man. Nevermind the angles. Thats why you have linesmen. It was NEVER a penalty. Risky or not. He pulled it of, but still they penalised him for it. It either a penalty or not a penalty. Not maybe, or might, or could have been, or nearly. It's yes or no.

The whole Robinho attitude, tells everything. Lying with one eye closed in pain, and another eye on the ref to see if he gave a dodgy penalty

http://eplvideos.com/index.php?ind=videos&...w&iden=1143

If that was given against you, you would be in here crying like a little girl. So don't use double standards. It may be a LITTLE unlucky, but you cannot say "It was NEVER a penalty."

My usual question: Rob Styles - incompetent or corrupt?

On the bright side there's nowt wrong with the team spirit.

I'd also like to say how much I would love to see somebody cripple Shaun Wright-Phillips for life.

Clearly a lie.

Considering I have been in Stoke all weekend with little or no internet connection. Try going to games. You might like it.

You have shown that you have no grasp of the English language. How does 'going to games' show that you have friends?

Pissed off we didn't take all three points but I guess it says something of the job JFK's doing seeing as we're without Owen and a man down for most of the game.

B):boogie:

Edited by Asprilla

If that was given against you, you would be in here crying like a little girl. So don't use double standards. It may be a LITTLE unlucky, but you cannot say "It was NEVER a penalty."

Just a bit ago, you where complaining about the tone, and now you're being the arse. Don't pretend to know how i would react, if that was the other way around, 'cause you cleary you have no idea. It was a SHIT decision, regardless of the risk and angles. Shit decisions do happend though, and is a part of football. Nevertheless, a shit decision. And i repeat. It was NEVER a penalty, since he got the ball. Basic football rules.

Here's a clip of the penalty incident. Come on, that's a pretty fair decision. It's certainly not outrageous, you can't be up in arms because that was given as a penalty. In fact, if it was the other way around, we would all be up in arms if we did not get a penalty in this sort of a situation.

He played and got the ball.

If you're saying that's a penalty (and worse, of course, a sending off), then basically you're saying you cannot tackle in the penalty area.

I can see how it was given in the heat of the moment, but looking at it from replays it shouldn't have been given.

There should be a video ref, not for every little incident, but this is a perfect example of where it is absolutely needed. B)