Newcastle v Man City

Guest Stevie

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a clip of the penalty incident. Come on, that's a pretty fair decision. It's certainly not outrageous, you can't be up in arms because that was given as a penalty. In fact, if it was the other way around, we would all be up in arms if we did not get a penalty in this sort of a situation.

http://eplvideos.com/index.php?ind=videos&...w&iden=1143

He played and got the ball.

If you're saying that's a penalty (and worse, of course, a sending off), then basically you're saying you cannot tackle in the penalty area.

I can see how it was given in the heat of the moment, but looking at it from replays it shouldn't have been given.

There should be a video ref, not for every little incident, but this is a perfect example of where it is absolutely needed. :boogie:

DNFTFT ffs B)

Here's a clip of the penalty incident. Come on, that's a pretty fair decision. It's certainly not outrageous, you can't be up in arms because that was given as a penalty. In fact, if it was the other way around, we would all be up in arms if we did not get a penalty in this sort of a situation.

If you're saying that's a penalty (and worse, of course, a sending off), then basically you're saying you cannot tackle in the penalty area.

I can see how it was given in the heat of the moment, but looking at it from replays it shouldn't have been given.

There should be a video ref, not for every little incident, but this is a perfect example of where it is absolutely needed. B)

Aye - it would take all but a minute for them to make a decision - would save more time, cos there wouldn't be the need to have a couple of minutes protest on vain

There should be a video ref, not for every little incident, but this is a perfect example of where it is absolutely needed. B)

Yes but there isn't.

Fact, the ref is seeing this from the back.

Fact, from the back, it looks 100% like a penalty.

Fact, if it's a foul it's a red card.

Tackle in the box all you want, but if you get mainly man and little bit of ball, don't cry when it's given against you by a ref that's seeing it from the back. Obviously if there was a video ref and he saw on a replay that he had touched a little bit of the ball as well, they maybe it wouldn't have been given. But we don't have that, and so it's a fair decision. Maybe a little unlucky, but it's fair. Like I said, if it was the other way round, most people would want that given for them.

No point bitching over decisions like that. They even themselves out over a season.

No they don't. They might, but they might not, there's no magic wand that perfectly averages everything (and it's a shitty ref that takes such a massive decision like that when he clearly can't have seen it well).

Now a video ref would likely even things out for everyone, as only the right decisions would be made.

Good result all things considering. We showed so much heart and looked like the better side for most of the second half despite being a man down.

I'm not going to go on about poor refereeing. Yes, the decision was utter wank but things like this happen, we just need to get on with it. Lets hope the card is rescinded and Beye is back for the Mackems.

That's why you have linesmen. So that he might have a better view of any incidents.

But yes. If it's a foul, it's red card. Blatant scoring chance of which he was (not) robbed

No point bitching over decisions like that. They even themselves out over a season.

They never do.

Course they do. We have had three stone wall pens turned down this season. Do you hear me bitching?

Yes but there isn't.

Tackle in the box all you want, but if you get mainly man and little bit of ball, don't cry when it's given against you by a ref that's seeing it from the back. Obviously if there was a video ref and he saw on a replay that he had touched a little bit of the ball as well, they maybe it wouldn't have been given. But we don't have that, and so it's a fair decision. Maybe a little unlucky, but it's fair. Like I said, if it was the other way round, most people would want that given for them.

Fact, I wonder if he'll be apologising for this dodgy penalty to get himself out of Championship refereeing again. B)

Ameobi had his annual brilliant game. Duff and Coloccini were great too. I think bringing on Carroll lost us the game. He strolled around like we were 4-0 up. Every time the ball came to him he flicked it on despite him being the farthest man up the field every time. Tit! Owen, Guti and Barton still to come back though

No they don't. They might, but they might not, there's no magic wand that perfectly averages everything (and it's a shitty ref that takes such a massive decision like that when he clearly can't have seen it well).

Now a video ref would likely even things out for everyone, as only the right decisions would be made.

and at work tomorrow you would have fuck all to talk about.

If you were at the game and not watching it on Super slow mo from a million different angles you would probably think fuck it.

Video refs would just be another step towards sterilising football.

They never do.

Course they do. We have had three stone wall pens turned down this season. Do you hear me bitching?

Not being awarded a penalty is nothing like having one falsely awarded against you and losing a man for most of the game and of course the other red card issues.

Besides which Spurs need a lot more than a few penalties. B)

If you were at the game and not watching it on Super slow mo from a million different angles you would probably think fuck it.

Shite as usual - the video backed my original opinion up as it would have had I seen it at the match.

Given - Solid. One exceptional save. Nowt else to do.

Beye - Superb tackle, shite ref

Taylor - Decent. Did well to wind up Shed

Colo - Immense in the air

Bassong - Rock

Butt - Everywhere

Geremi - So So

Guthrie - Decent. Didn't lose possession

Martins - Headless chicken. Would rather run into three players than pass.

Duff - Worked hard and beat defenders. WTF? B)

Ameobi - Worked hard WTF? :boogie: Stopped pretending he's something he's not, and used his size and strength

NZogbia - Didn't do much

Carroll - Everything he touches turns to shit. Appalling first touch.

If there wasn't the video there then there'd be no issue, but there is so it should be made use of, not doing so is just plain bizarre.

Making the right decision wouldn't sterilise anything.

But like I said before you're not a clever troll, just a moron. B)

Sad to see us switch off for their equaliser, especially as we had at least one chance to finish it off, but would snapped your hand off had you offered me 2-2 after we went 1-0 down.

Well played Shola, and good to see him getting a great reception from the crowd.

Come on lads, how many of you thought it wasnt a pen at the time?

99% would have given it

Fuck off you nobjockey, anyone who's ever watched football could see that was never a pen in a million years, you fuckin cockney wank.

Come on lads, how many of you thought it wasnt a pen at the time?

99% would have given it

Fuck off you nobjockey, anyone who's ever watched football could see that was never a pen in a million years, you fuckin cockney wank.

...I have to go with Stevie on this as he was sitting 2 inches away. B)